/fat/ - "too much black coffee" edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X2WH8mHJnhM
nutritionj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1475-2891-11-86
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for we're all gonna make it

I DID IT GUYS IM NO LONGER OVERWEIGHT IM FINALLY LESS THAN 25 BMI SO FUCKING HAPPY

WE GONNA MAKE IT BROS

I'm not stopping though, 15 more pounds to go.

Seriously, bros, I had too much caffeine and now i have a headache

Buy decaf coffee ya dingus

stay determined bros and ladybros!

MAH FUCKING NIGGA YOU DID IT

genuinely happy for you my man. my next wank session is dedicated to you, and i'll make you proud i swear.

stats btw? height, sw, cw, gw? got any progress pics?

Down 50 lbs from 288, getting stronger and feeling better and looking more respectable by the day...

Let's fucking do this lads, pick up heavy things and eat clean/less and make it with me

tell me your SINS or you get a one way ticket to JEWISH HELL (palestine)

Had a pea sized bite of 52% chocolate 2 nights ago before bed

i eat 1000 kcal for breafast today instead of doing IF like every other days, fuck me

i ate less food at lunch and will eat less tonight

Thanks man

I'm 5'10"
Started at 235
Hit 172 this week
Goal is low 160s

Then I'll start to lift hard. But a slow clean bulk. No pics, id happily post them if I had them but regrettably didn't take any progress pics :(

im going to take 8 shots of vodka tonight

Sleep is when gainz happen

You can't get gainz when you don't get sufficient sleep.

Make sure you sleep within optimal circadian times
from 9-10PM. Sleeping past 1 or 2 really fucks up the recovery stage. You may as well not have worked out because the body cannot repair the muscles. Also, slows your metabolism the next day and makes you hungrier.

Sleep is essential.

Job well done lad. How're you feeling about the body? Feeling confident in your skin now? Got a flat tummy?

i ate a few rows of smartie block while watching game of thrones
ive eaten about 5-6 mandarins today as well

Broke my fast with this

No cheese though

thoughts?

Decaf coffee is for Cucks.

Why not drink tea?

>

sick to death of thinking about food
it's obsession at this point

How do I stop myself?

Yeah and sufficiently satiated and not at all hungry

I also biked all the way to get it and back home.

Literally eat less you fat fuck. It's THAT easy.

People like you make me mad.

Not him but just saying eat less is like saying be yourself.

He/she has to destroy and go against years of conditioning and bad habits.

Any of you niggers doing FASTING ever gonna post some results?

it's that *simple

>sufficiently satiated and not at all hungry
seems good. keep the good eating up. don't fuck up.

in case you do, CONFESS

So? We've all been where he's at. We all had to stop the delicious carb filled junk food. Why could we do it but he can't?

When I succesfully hit my target weight (139 lbs), sure.

at this point my pointless eating is just a reflex.
sometimes i dont even realise im doing it.
you do realise what thread youre in, right? did you come here expecting anything else?

Willpower.

instead of saying eat less, say get more willpower :)

Semantics but you get my drift

You won't, cuz you'll still have your ugly skinnyfat gut and you'll be asking us how to get rid of it.

tea also has caffeine in it, or is decaf tea also not good enough for you?

I didn't have a huge belly but when I fasted, I noticed it was quite small actually.

But yeah I don't care I will post my bod when I hit 139. When I hit 139, I'm going ham in the gym.

and thats why no one's posted results.

>im going to take 8 shots of vodka tonight
What's the occasion?

that's my goal weight too
how tall are you?

if you're 6'1 then we have lots to talk about

And that's why fasting gets you shit results, which was my point.

Untill someone posts solid results (a decent looking body) from fasting I won't take that method seriously.

family is visiting. only going to have a protein shake for breakfast and lunch to make room for it I guess

exactly. fasting is fucking retarded. lifting at a caloric deficit of about 500, omad or if and doing cardio is the only way to not look like shit. people that fast are just lazy, it requires less willpower than lifting hard and working out.

5'6

IF is great, and generally not overeating is great.

I noticed before IF I was constantly digesting food, not giving the tummy a break. Now that Ive gone extended period without food on a regular basis, I noticed I have less puffy nips and less bloated tummy

>people that fast are just lazy, it requires less willpower than lifting hard and working out.

>not working out in a fasted state

People can do both you know

Okay I admit that if you're fucking obese, fasting might work, but if you're just overweight and you're looking to get slim, fasting is retarded.

I use fasting to regulate my eating times and my appetite.

I'm also less dependent on food cravings and I don't snack when my mind craves it.

Fasting overall is a healthy thing and has many benefits.

But fasting for aesthetics is different thing, for sure. It's should be combined with exercise.

Used to be fat here. From 250 down to 160 then packed on some muscle back up to 220 from lifting. Complete transformation over three years. No I'm not going to post pics because who the fuck does that. But ask me anything, diet, excersise, weight lifting, whatever. I'll try to answer as many as I can.

Mother has been baking every day since I told her I'm trying to lose weight, I cracked and ate ~6 Za'taar buns, 2 slices of lemon drizzle cake, a chocolate brownie and a bit of shortbread. It all happened so fast. I had a fast day to make up for it but I still feel like shit, how can one man be so weak willed?

this is my second time losing weight

why are you so discontent with your own accomplishment?
you should be moving onto bigger and better things, not dwelling on where you were

that's unsustainable in the long run and you gains and lifts will be shit. it makes no sense if you want to look good. like the other user said, unless you are morbidly obese it makes no sense. you gotta take your time losing weight and build muscle, if you fast too muc and end up looking like a skinnyfat faggot you might get discouraged and rebound. but if you look tones or even shredded the chances will be very slim that you won't like you body and feel like you've accomplished something.

I've got about 20 pounds to lose

How do I make sure loose skin is not an issue? Do I combine my fasts with specific exercises?

How long did it take you to lose the weight and did you follow a strict diet plan?

For cardio it's ideal for lifting it is not.

post your streaks fatties

havent missed a day since i started logging back in april

much prefer using my own spreadsheet, but MFP is somewhat convenient

No, actually working in fasted state, you get HGH to protect and encourage muscle gains.

I'm still gonna do my IF, and I'm still gonna do my HIIT skip ropes and BW exercises.

What do you suggest (which lifts) I do to not descend into further skinnyfat whilst losing weight?

1. 20 lbs, or even 100 will not give you lose skin. (For most people)
2. Fasted cardio is ideal, for weight lifting eat a meal with about 20g protein for 30 grams of carbs (clean/complex carbs) about an hour before you lift.

166 lbs lost thats incredible, whats your starting weight and current weight?

extremely weak user here
due to bone problems and incredibly under used muscles, i cannot do shit. i cannot pump iron, i cannot run marathons, not a great swimmer or biker
what exercises/activities can i do to gradually build myself back up to gym level?

It took me about a year and a half. At first I was just reducing my calories to about 1500 a day, then I learned about Marcos, etc. and the weight really started dropping off.

Thanks.

I'm currently doing skip rope and BW in a HIIT fashion to increase fat burning.

Looking to graduate to weightlifting, what's a good program to encourage a toned, or ottermode look?

308 starting
142 as of this morning

it's getting really tough, up until about a month ago I was on cruise control
but now I'm counting the hours in the day

if anything the whole experience has taught me that my problems don't begin and end with overeating

Look up a push/pull routine and start with light weights.
Also same with cardio, start small, then gradually increase when your body adjusts.

pretty much any beginner routine while not on a caloric surplus

can someone post some motivation that works for them? bout to hit the gym for the first time in a long time

Look up a basic push/pull routine. Make sure you up protein and lower carbs.
Also, HIIT is the single best method of cardio for shedding fat, if you do it correctly. You should be pushing yourself as hard as you can (till you feel like puking) for around 20 seconds, then rest for 2 minutes. Intensity is key in HIIT.

Tell me about macros, I'm currently focusing mostly on proteins and fats and my carbs are very low, should I balance them out and add more carbs?

>zaatar
hnnngg thinking about that gives me a boner. probably shouldnt mention this but have you ever had jebneh?

honestly? my dog.
i let him and me get way too big bc my pathetic ass dont have the willpower to take him for a walk at least once a week and as a result we're both fat depressed fucks who wont get out of bed.
i owe it to him to get him out of the yard and see the world, i owe it to him to run with him by the water
i wont let my own problems get in the way of his health anymore, and if i can burn away some fat and become a healthier person alon the way? thats just another bonus

If weight loss is the goal carbs should be kept to around 100grams a day,( if you're not very active due to your job, if you are more active, you're aloud more).
Protein should be about 1 gram/ lb of bodyweight i.e. if you weight 200lbs eat 200g of protein a day.
ALSO, make sure to only eat complex carbs, and plenty of fiber. No breads, sugars, etc.

work out your abs, hit your obliques. not working your core is retarded. the ab routine by athlean-x is pretty intense for beginners and it's just like 10 minutes a day. >inb4 shill

I gained back ~10 pounds, but I'm officially back on track. God, what a stupid waste of two weeks. It wasn't even good.

Yup I always feel like puking, like a dryness in my throat and a big urge to just yak a sour saliva.

Thanks for the advice, i'm keeping it my journal

Anyone wanna do a (anonymous?) snapchat or discord group motivating each other to eat less?

That feeling like you're going to die, is your body's CNS kicking into high gear.

>tfw vast majority of /fat/ will put weight after losing it

>discord

Nty. Maybe irc

what do you think /fat/ is user?

I love it though, the natural high after that intense workout.

can you have irc on your phone?

i knoowww, but with snapchat and discord you can have notifications on mobile etc to remind you to stop being a fattie :(
I only go on Veeky Forums on desktop so thats not a lot

its alright, guy. the world is gonna keep on turning and you just gotta keep moving with it.

weight doesnt stay put even with the strictest of diets. whats gained can be lost

I'm fat as shit. Please tell me how to fix this.

by not being a faggot

only real fatties allowed get out

I'll keep this mind, user. Thanks.

I think so.

I always hated Discord, or just generally having a solid ego/identity is very offputting. I much prefer /fat/. If there was a way to anonymize Discord, I would.

No, but fuck me that looks delicious.

I don't want to be anal about my calories since i'm going to be doing this for a long time, i hate the look of myfitnesspal anyways so i haven't been counting calories and only vaguely calculating them in my head, and im losing weight, if i plateau i'll go back to counting

>Those delts
Lmao go post this in in /fraud or /plg and see what they say buddy. Not even decent enough to troll /fat with haha.

Dude, I'm fat as hell. The Fuck? I need to lose more weight, faster. Any tips?

Birthday is coming up, what's the best way to handle myself? Do I just go all out and fast the day after to make up for it or is it possible to enjoy myself without going full autistic and refusing to eat cake and other goodies?

Just manage the calories and forgoe the nutrional values

Depends on what you planned for your bday. Nothing wrong with going all out once every other week or month, depending on what that means for you.

>I'm fat as shit.
Fuck off
why are you even here

I'm so close to hitting my first milestone. I started off at 260.4 lbs. (I'm 6 feet tall) on July 23, and as of this morning I weighed 250.6 lbs., and I really should be under 250 by the end of the week unless something goes horribly wrong. I can't really see the difference in the mirror yet, but my clothes already fit better. It feels really good to be making this progress, and I'm optimistic I'll be able to keep it up, although probably not at the same rate.

What I've been doing so far is mostly about diet. I've been preparing all my meals at home (mostly homemade, but a few prepackaged) instead of grabbing fast food or ordering a pizza. No fast food, nothing from the vending machines at work, no sugary drinks, and way less snacking (and picking healthier, lower-calorie snacks). I've been tracking my calorie consumption every day and keeping it around 1,800/day. I've also been getting some light workouts -- walking/jogging 3 miles -- aiming for 3 or 4 a week.

>mfp friend from /fat hasn't logged in in 18 days

youtube.com/watch?v=X2WH8mHJnhM

Your doing everything right. Gradually increase the excersises and push yourself during them. Advice is to learn about Marcos and how each one effects your body.

>. Advice is to learn about Marcos and how each one effects your body.

Any resources to get started on this?

>Gradually increase the excersises and push yourself during them.
Yeah, I'm trying to improve the jogging/walking ratio as I go on. Between getting acclimated to working out again, improving my fitness, and decreasing my weight (and thus the beating my ankles, knees, and hips take), the workouts keep feeling better. I have been dealing with shin splints, though, so maybe it's time to get some new shoes, or at least inserts.

I really wish I was closer to the trail that runs between the two big parks in town. I'd love to be able to just hop on my bike and get on the trail. I like biking a lot more than walking or jogging, and I'm able to get a better workout with it, too. But I have quite a bit of a ride to get to the trail in the first place, and it seems like there's a new "cyclist hit by car" story in the newspaper every week or two.

Any tips on boosting bench press on a cut, it's taking me a bit of time to up the weight now at 5x5 75kg

nutritionj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1475-2891-11-86

>"Among men, consumption of caffeinated coffee increased total testosterone and decreased total and free estradiol"