Tipping the receptionist

so im from the uk and originally i thought "tipping the gym receptionist" was just a meme but now i know its what you guys do in the US - fair enough.

so here I am finishing my workout with some ol fashioned hammer curls IN A BRITISH GYM and i see a member walk out and put £2 in a jar by reception (which i can only imagine is for tips) and say "thanks, this is for you!"

tipping the gym receptionist has never been a thing in the UK until now, and i fully blame the americans

explain yourselves please this has had a negative impact on my day

Why would you need to tip in a British gym? Don't you guys all have socialized lifting that's subsidized by your TV tax?

It's happening

Stop m8, the current state of British living is no joke.

I've never heard of this happening in the us.

That's enough of your daily internet allowance user, your ISP is going to transfer your remaining bandwidth to ahmed and hassan.

how stupid is tipping in the gym (and in general) thats whats there salary is for.

ill go 6x a week, if i tip every time i would expect a blowjob for that money

When I enter the gym I say "hi"
When I leave, I say "bye, cya tomorrow"

I get my drinks from the fountain.

THE FUCK would I tip for?

No but really, tipping the receptionist in the US is a meme too, only time any of my money goes to my gym receptionist is when we go out for beers or something and I buy everyone a round.
He's a bretty nice guy (no homo)

>she asks for tip
>i give whole thing

mfw

>She tells me to go deeper
>I'm all out of dick

>she tells me to go deeper
>use go-go gadget dick

mfw

thats why i force her face into a pillow so the stupid bitch cant make retarded requests

>Get first gf
>Finally put it in

I've only tipped the receptionist twice then I realised it was retarded and a meme.. it's kinda awkward no cos the girl still works there and has this weird grin every time I go in

>h-hi no tipping any more, my internet friends said it was just a m-meme

God damn I love being American
*clutches gun*

I was a receptionist and I declined all tips. Because I was getting paid. I don't need more money for doing my job.

dont do it you autist

Tipping the receptionist isn't that bad, yeh it was weird a few years ago but I've been a member of 3 gyms in the last 6 months (I travel for work) and tipping seems to be more and more common than ever.. I see it in all gyms

Saffer fag here.

Aware me?

Mmm tell me more you big nasty virgin

what do you tip them for?
its just someone i say hello and bye to as i scan in.