You are the minister of education for a country...

You are the minister of education for a country. A legislation has granted you the authority and obligation to add a philosophical discipline as a fundamental part of the primary education.
which do you pick?
There are several addendums on this legislation
1. it cannot be biased, you can say metaphysics, but not christianity, buddhism, etc. It has to be a rounded examination of the subject
2. it cannot be the subject of philosophy in its entirety
pic unrelated

Gnosticism, will show how mythology is formed and how new myths form around old ones as well as showing how desperate humanity was to explain existence.

Politics

isn't gnosticism just a part of metaphysics?

Epistemology. Or jurisprudence. Or rhetoric and logic (same shit, I'm gonna bundle them).
These are the ones all citizens should really know. They're fundamental for a healthy democratic country.

Not technically.

Would you mind explaining it to me? I thought gnosticism was just a religion

It’s a set of Greek schools of thought spcentered around biblical apocrypha and Jewish mysticism in attempt to analyze them or use them to explain mysteries of the universe. Much like metaphysics, but hokier and more fanfic-tier.

Logic/Ethics/Epistemology

ethics and epistemology are definitely not the same thing. so which is it?

Bump

Existentialism

critical thinking

Critical thinking

These.

Plus basic literacy, some history, public health, and introduction to data analysis.

Throw a daily stoicism quote in their face everyday and discuss interpretations during afternoon registration

this is biased.

Stirnerism

part of politics

Epistemology.

People can decide their aesthetic, political, and ethical beliefs. Logic, Science, and Mathematics are already taught (or I should fucking hope so).

Epistimology is the foundation of foundations, on which the scientific method and the very concept of truth is built. And it's more important now than ever that people think critically and with a focus on FACT and TRUTH.

There is no such thing as "unbiased public school system".

I divide every single school in shares and all the buildings and public property is distributed among the residents by district in proportion of how much taxes have paid, private companies may later buy them from them and run them at a profit.

I later instate a school voucher system and abolish the school district system, parents can send their kids to whatever school they choose, the opposite would be against their freedom to educate their kids as they wish (basically communism). I also abolish the minimum age for working. There should not be teenagers kept in an education center against their and their parents' will. Both for their own good (they'd be better off working than wasting time) and for the other students too (they don't need lazy fucks bringing everyone's level down).

And there's also the benefit that teachers now are actually paid according to their abilities instead of lazing around in an overpaid cozy government job.

>That Photoshop tho...

Fucking rethoric. I'd love a world where people are good at speaking and discussing things. Imagine all of life as the house of commons

>education
Yay we can do HRE and why it’s important for Britain
>philosophy
Oh ...

But yeah I would add scholasticism to slow the publication of post modernism

Ethics, it's the most practical philosophical field.

Epistemology and jurisprudence are extremely practical, since they're the foundation for actual establishments of society that are necessary for it to function. lots of ethical debate is worthless

Stoicism, and epicurianism to "round it out" and make it "less biased". this way, wealthy and upper middleclass students can adapt epicurianism, which in my estimation leads to greater creatives and thinkers, while the working class and future leaders can adapt stoicism, which I believe helps the hard workers as well as rulers better bear their lot.

vnb

How to think reak good.