Does intermittent fasting kill gains?

Does intermittent fasting kill gains?

no, do you think your ancetors would have survived if it would?

What is HGH

>be human
>store fat as a convenient energy reserve
>FUCK THAT BURN MUSCLES ON THE FIRST SIGN OF HUNGER

Yes

what they are talking about

QTDDTOT
/thread

honestly this is the average sort of girl i wish i had been having one night stands with in college

nothing really noteworthy about her but it would be a good night of feeling like you're normal. i'd almost rather bang her than someone objectively prettier because at that point you're like "ok you're banging me but you're out of my league, what's your angle"

with this girl you're like "ok shes just horny like me, we're both average. cool"

anyway whats this thread about?

The jury is still out on this, more research is needed, but the preliminary results seem to indicate that IF is a viable way to "recomp".

doesn't kill gains but doesn't seem to help gains

strongerbyscience has a good article on it. look it up

The fuck with this stupid fucking meme. Did it start on fit? When i google this shit I only see recent fit threads and some /pol/ threads

it's so funny xD

If you look up the science behind it you'll find out that during ketosis the body feeds more from fat and destroys less muscle than when it depends on carbs and insuline. If you plan your meals correctly and your workout timing is correct you might gain more muscle. than you otherwise would.

Seriously, look it up for yourself.

What is your eat schedule?

Breakfast 13:00. Diner 20:00.
Often some meal in between because of the workout.

But I like milk in my coffee, but do you snack heavy in your eat window?

But IF alone isn't enough to enter Ketosis, is it? Say a 16:8 or a 18:6. Don't you have to have a keto diet (low carb) or a longer fast?

Several sources state that it takes about 3 days to enter ketosis. So no, it's not enough

20:4 plus keto with net carbs under 20. Easiest cut I've ever found. Only drawback is the extra cost of keto.

It is i still get mild chunkle from both seeing the meme itself and people replying to it.

Surviving isn't the same as making gains.

I don't even know which girl i would choose if i could.

I want to say left, but i'd probably wonder for the rest of my life what the others would have been like.

i don't know, cos i don't lift, but IF really works for weight loss, almost 5kg in 15 days of eating 1800 calories one day, and 0 the other day

I thought as much. Is it still worth doing?

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I've eaten 1 meal a day for most of my life and never called it anything special, mostly out of laziness, not wanting to spend money, or being an OCD eater.

The internet decided to way over-complicate this and call it intermittent fasting. Literally just drink black coffee in the morning and eat once a day. That's all it is.

But I come from a family of skeletons where this is normal behavior and we don't have a food addiction. Your mileage may vary.

Why would it as long as you eat enough?

You used the wrong ">" you goddamn retard.

I like milk in coffee too. I'm going to give you two answers.

1. I think Martin himself said you can drink coffee with a splash of milk. You're only breaking the fast if you consume over 80 calories. He takes BCAAs before his workout, and considers that not breaking his fast either.

2. Stop drinking coffee. You're creating adrenal fatigue and dependency.

Let me give you an analogy. You have a car with a monster V12 engine, but with technology that can disable cylinders when they aren't needed. If your goal is to maximize the distance you can drive on a tank of gas, do you just start driving cause hey fuck it that's what gas is for or do you disable as many cylinders as is practical?

Fucked up analogy.

>Jet with drop tanks fuel tanks
>Burn through main tanks first instead of using up the drop tanks and discarding them.

Inb4 aviation autist corrects me. Probably droptanks pump fuel into the main tanks and then onto the engines, and probably droptanks are mostly range extenders and not usually dropped, but I degress.

yeah fuel is intelligently distributed through all fuel tanks otherwise the CoG is messed up and the aircraft becomes unstable. I guess with newer aircraft with dynamic flight assist computers working in real time to adjust trim tab etc can deal with these changes, but who knows it might be fine but aircrat stability might be affected.

I'm sure they think of all this shit when they design / plan to use them though.

What about going to the gym while doing a IF? I've heard that you should work out at the end of the fast and then take a big meal after the workout. But is it ok to workout on a empty stomach?

I tried it last time and it seems to work fine for me, I didn't have less energy, I felt fine. But is it good?