How hard is it to loose weight...

How hard is it to loose weight? I've been Veeky Forums my entire life and attribute it to both my consistently active lifestyle and healthy eating. Both my parents come from overweight families however they are both in good shape.

That being said, I don't know what it's like to loose weight? Most bitch about not loosing weight and say, 'I'm not eating much but still not loosing weight?'. Is this possible? Do they simply over eat without knowing/admitting it?

People just don't realize how many calories are in the things they eat, and plenty of people don't even consider the calories they drink.

my way of looking at it is, it's not really what you eat in meals that makes you fat, but rather the amount of snacks people consume. People normally consume enough snacks to equate to another meal, which pushes them over their calorie threshold

I'd say losing weight is hard because if you're a fat adult, then you've probably gone years with poor eating habits, and it's hard to break those habits. That being said, losing weight is also very easy once you've gotten into the right mindset and realized you don't need to eat a lot of unhealthy food to feel satisfied.

People still "drink" calories? How the fuck can you be so blind to still drink soda or juice in the age of information

wHY WOULDN't you? They'rE HAPPY in the commercial! I wanna be HAppy TOO!

Not sure how you can loose weight but if you want to lose weight instead start counting calories

Gather 'round boys. Story of a reformed fatty incoming.

Well, I blew up after I graduated from high school 8 years ago. I played sports and was never really fat, until I moved out on my own. Basically what happened to me was very common. I kept eating the same way, even though my caloric needs dropped by almost a half.

In 4 years i put on almost 100 lbs, which wasn't very noticeable to me at all. My sister one day told me that I was getting fat, which caused me to realize that I was turning into a sub human fatso.

Most fatties never take a look in the mirror and realize that they really are THAT fat. I never saw it until I was told, which caused me to start counting calories.

On an average day, I would consume about 3200 calories, while my needs were around 2300. To lose the weight, I just ate 1500 calories a day and ran about 3 to 4 miles in the mornings. It was terrible for the firs few weeks, but I dropped about 65 lbs in 3 months.

It's not hard to lose weight. Most fatties just lack the honesty to admit they're fat.

I'm 6'0 175 pretty lean everywhere but I can't lose my stomach fat that is hiding my abs. It seems like the only place left on my body where fat is visible. I calorie count very accurately using scales but I still can't lose it even with about 1500k. Also when I do 1500k it becomes very difficult to maintain lifts. I lift 6 days a week.

Lost 30 lbs. All I had to lose. Ripped as fuck now.
I still ate junk food all day. Just made sure I ate 1200 calories of it instead of 4000+

It is not hard. I was skinny my whole life but then I turned 21 and started drinking every day always beers with lunch etc and my metabolism stopped handling all my shitty food intake for me and I got to be a chubby motherfucker with a serious belly even at 6'2''

I've been eating right and lifting for barely 2 months and I have lost 20 pounds and gained ripped abs with minimal effort, now moving onto building real muscle

Losing weight is easy as fuck. Now gaining helpful weight in the form of muscle, especially arms/chest is not that easy. I know I haven't been lifting for any time at all really though.. still any tips other than "stick it out" to gain serious arms/chest?

>loose

Gaining muscle and strength is pretty straightforward - lift heavy and eat at a significant surplus. Gaining a lot of muscle while staying lean enough to show abs is a pain in the ass, good luck if you try it.

Soda's still a big thing for a lot of people. When I lived in the south a lot of people drank coke instead of coffee, but it is getting a bad rep so the soda companies just put out different products. You got people drinking energy drinks for the caffeine boost, and people drinking smoothies and vitamin water for the vitamins, people who make an attempt to be health conscious drinking powerade and coconut water to replenish electrolytes after 30 minutes on an elliptical. These fucking chia seed drinks, pomegranate juice, and flavored kombucha drinks considered super foods. Not to mention regular old OJ and apple juice but people are clueing in there too. Fucking starbucks sugar shakes.

It's not hard, it's just that people either lack the discipline to, come from families which instilled bad eating habits in them (especially this if we're talking an overweight kid trying to lose weight), or don't want to because of unsubstantiated myths or just mental illness (see: tumblr etc.)

See this actually helps me

I'm just going to eat more stop worrying about calories and try to continue moving up weights, right?

It's just about common sense though

A glass of OJ at breakfast, or an 8oz coconut water after the gym, or a sugar free red bull in the evening for that extra boost - that shit is fine.

But people who are "healthy vegan soy whatever the fuck" who do 45 minutes of cardio and then consume 3500 calories from sugary "health drinks" every day are not fine.

Soda is just insane though. High fructose corn syrup is for people that are actually retarded.

It's common sense to me now, but I didn't start looking at nutritional labels and calories until I was 20, and my parents never mentioned that shit, in grade school and the little PSA's between cartoons never talked about calories, just stuff like, "fruits and veggies are healthy, so is whole wheat bread, don't eat too much candy". Gym class was just running around or playing stupid games, or dancing, barely any real exertion, never any talk of nutrition, all I remember about health class was sex ed. A science teacher dissolved an eggshell in coke once.

We really need to come up with an owners manual for the human body and star hammering that shit into people's brains when they're still young.

Eat less than 1.5k, then

It's literally like kicking a hard addiction when you're obese. You basically get withdrawals and hard pangs to eat, and not overeating makes you severely sad.

calorie expenditure and consumption would be a great useful and practical example of addition and subtraction for kids that they could practice every-time they eat

Well... have you seen 'FIt to Fat to Fit'? If not, watch a couple episodes of it. Alternatively, try doing it.