How do you avoid tearing your shins to shit when deadlifting?

Do you wear knee socks? Are there some kind of shin guards worth investing in? Right now I live with constant bruising and sometimes bleeding after diddlies

Sweat pants, sometimes compression pants underneath if it's super bad.

It's very warm right now though, and it's not much cooler at the gym, I feel like I would burn up wearing sweatpants in the current season

i just dont touch them. there is like always a cm between the bar and my chins. is this something only manlets do?

Lower the weight until you can control it enough that you don't scuff your shin

Thats what I do

That's bad though. This makes you slouch forward and round upper back.

means you aren't doing them properly

No, it's something only big guys do.

you don't

just lube them up dummy.

i carry vaseline in my gym bag and just spread it all over my shins. people give me weird looks but i think it's because theyre jealous they didn't think of it first. it gets on the barbell but i wipe off most of it.

I just don't worry about it. At first it was irritating but I just ignore it now. In fact, my shins seldom bruise anymore. It's been 4 years since I started, and my max is shit, but it gets easier every week. Just keep pushing yourself and let the pain sculpt you into someone who can take kicks to the shin moderately well

Just use the trap bar.

Compression socks. Comfy as fuck and aesthetic.

Compression pants are fucking homo and it's too hot here in Cali.

WTF, do you retards put your shins on the knurling? how wide is your stance?

litterally impossible for the smooth part of the bar to tear your shins.

jesus christ man

>deadlifting heavy weight especially since i look like a DYEL (lmao strength training)
>rip up my shins awful
>gym resident ripped BBC sees my shins bleeding from deadlifts
>gives me a respect nod

this didn't happen but it would be cool if it did

If the bar is over the middle of your foot, the bar should be ~1 inch from your shins. Rip calculated this and with good deadlift form, the ~1 inch rule applies to all.

Top kek, wanna know how I know you're a manlet?

Well fagets, i got 2 solutions for yall

Trapbar deados
Eric Bugenhagen deadliftos

top zoz matey,

6 foot manlet, and i still have like half an inch on each side of my legs before the knurling, my index finger is right at the knurling, idk seems like really wide stances.

unless people are pulling lmaosumo

xD

They're called sweatpants and I've never had problems with DLs raping my shins. Also who gives a shit about the heat, if your gym is worth a damn, they should have the AC blasting anyway.

The bar is 1" away from your shins before you get into position and move them to the bar when you're lowering your hips

If its scraping your shins you have shit form, jesus christ.

dyels detected holy shit

There is no way you deadlift over 3 plates without it touching your fucking shins

>his back isn't strong enough to allow for a 1mm clearance to preserve his shins

I could deadlift 4 plate and I never touched my shins. Or at least not enough to cut them.

Seriously, if you are deadlifting through your shins enough to draw blood your form sucks

underrated

How the fuck are you gonna keep a 1mm clearance exactly.

Unless you have the most incredible control of the weight that you're able to keep it close enough to your body yet not close enough to scrape your shins (pretty much impossible)

>Seriously, if you are deadlifting through your shins enough to draw blood your form sucks

Yes guy, when you are pushing your limits and going for maxes or competing you will compromise your form and scratch your shins.

That part of form does not change whether it's a max or not a max. It's easiest to lift weight the closer it is to your body and lifting 80%+ of your 1repmax while keeping it enough away from your shins is impossible.

Did anyone clap though?

no if anyone clapped that means it would have happened

I just keep my feet within the polished parts of the knurling, because i use correct form and im not a sumo deadlifting faggot

I use George Leeman's meme form to deadlift so I usually end up scratched or torn up from deadlifting. You just gotta live with it, feels good man.

>not lifting in full plate
It's like you don't want to make it

kekd

Lift properly. If you're dragging the bar up your fucking shins you're doing it wrong.

>i'm so tough i tolerate deadlifts gouging my flesh off

Amazing.

You're doing it correctly.

>Just use the trap bar.
Good solution since traps are gay after all.

Cover your entire lower body in duct tape while doing squats

Just be a man and fuck up your shins. Or buy a bar with a softer knurling.

I just have a narrower stance so only the smooth part of the bar slides on my leg anyway.

>getting bruised after touching a little iron

the absolute state of white manhood

I wear my knee sleeves over my shins

If you're scraping your shins THIS BAD you're not standing on the middle of your foot - you're leaning too much on your heels, which is BAD FORM.

Socks

I use moxy socks, they're good for wearing under your motorbike boots too.

Depends entirely on your own personal bio-mechanics. Some people pull the bar up their shins, some people don't.

btw anyone in here saying that scraping bar against your shins means you have bad form literally know nothing about deadlifting

people have different fucking body types retards

if you have really long femurs you're going to have to bend at the knees more to be able to grab the bar while maintaining a straight back, which is going to put your shins against the bar

fucking retards jesus christ

I just scrape them. Quit being a fucking pussy.

In the winter though I wear sweatpants.

dont be a fucking bitch

no, your form is just off, retard.

what is your max?

okay as an experiment i want you to imagine someone seven feet tall with relatively shorter arms.

tell me how he's going to:

>keep bar over his mid foot
>keep back straight

all while not allowing his shins to go over the bar.

do that and i'll fuck off forever.

Raise his hips higher, like the starting point of a Pendlay row

two pairs of basket socks (above-the-knee)
yep, two pairs
them, long pants
sometimes I rip my pants next to my shins or above the knee next to the locking position because the chalk I'm leaving on the barbell pretty much increases the friction with them it seems
I prefer to change pants rather than risking of good-morning-ize the deadlift
I pull currently lmao3.5pl8s x 5 reps x 4 sets

>them, long pants
*then, long pants

Just wear long socks ya dip.

I deadlift 415x5 and I don't have any problems. At the very worst I'll get slight bruising that goes away in a day or two and that's if I'm being sloppy with my form.

If you don't have bruisings without long pants, long socks and so on and you're allegedly pulling 4+1/4pl8s x 5, chances are you're not pulling along your shins and you are, actually, using poor form.
Or, you scarred enough to form calluses-alike thickening along the shins, but you'd have mentioned it.
Or, more likely, you're just larping.
The friction is there and builds up easily even if you're not excessively keeping nor twitching the barbell next to the shins. That's even more true when you add real weight.
knee-high socks are ok, long pants are ok, shin guards are not ok. You need to "feel" the barbell.