It feels like we're living in an extremely boring/deterrent time period in history. Even 9/11 and the cold war, too...

It feels like we're living in an extremely boring/deterrent time period in history. Even 9/11 and the cold war, too, seem like events that will be footnotes at best in 100-500 years into the future.

What is an event you see occurring soon that will be remembered in history for a long time? For me, Pak v India war is the likeliest thing to happen that could actually shake the world and make things interesting for once.

I Don't want to say the US and China will be going to war since the Chinese foreign policy is a riddle.

Funny, I think we are on the verge of seeing civilization collapse.

You're pol tier and I'm not going to take your retarded opinion seriously. You probably think the West is declining and the world will die. Kys retard.

nuclear annihilation that will only leave Southern Africa and Oceania Alive if that

North Korea is probably going to turn into a total war within the month. I wouldn't have said that before but it's Trump now and he seems pretty adamant about this.

Honestly Op, with so much growing tension in the world in so many different zones that would set each-other off, I think you're being a little blind right now.

Just wait, nuclear annihilation is imminent...

>cold war
>foot-note
oh boy

The Cold War is objectively the most important event ever.

>The Cold War is objectively the most important event ever.
according to whom? certainly not to the people living in the previous 5000 years of recorded history

Name a singular event in history that shaped the history of the world in such an extent that it directly effected every single nations growth, history, economics, politics, and social structure. Such as the Cold War did.

you must be hugely conceited to think that a historical event so close in time and as diffuse as the Cold War was can be said with certainty to be "the most important event ever"

I think that west is declining, but not collapsing. What we are witnessing is a bit like Greek civilisation moving to Hellenism or Rome transforming to Byzantium. (From colonising Ethnostate to Multicultural Empire).
The West will be great in the future, and maybe even wealthier, but not as dynamic and progressive as before.
Of course it is possible that internal conflicts rip Europe or USA apart, but I don't see it coming yet.

predictions
>political tension in the EU as some will push for a european constitution overcoming the nation states sovereignty
>nato / russia border war in the baltics, ukrain and poland that will have a peace after three weeks to avoid full escalation and return to status quo ante bellum
>Saudis/Sunnis and Iran/Shiite will go directly against each other if their big buddies (Russia or US) are busy elsewhere
>Some state leaving the US causing massive unrest
>Japanese and Chinese having their own Cold War

ITT: 12 year olds

Man, seeing all these "predictions" of people with absolutely zero knowledge of how global politics functions really is something.

Great plague?, Agriculture? Roman empire? Discovery of the new world? Bronze age?

Nuclear Weapons took all the fun away from war.

>Living in the most prosperous and stable period in the history
>it'll lead to collapse of civilisation
t. retard

>stable
>more and more nations are becoming nuclear powers by the day
>The USA's global dominance since the Cold War is starting to fade

History is made every day user, and modern society will be remembered for peak individualism, diversity, and world peace.

it might not be exciting but its more than generations of medevil farmers doing the same shit, and having the same feuds everyday

Sorta kinda. We will never see a War that aims to destroy a nation (e.g. WW2 Germany tearing the communist rule in the Soviet Union apart). However, borderwars, where no government is threatened, only its rule over a certain amount of land, can still happen, like the Pakistani-Indian or Indian-Chinese things that happen

I'm on neither of your sides but when you phrase a post like this you make yourself instantly more dislikable and shoot your argument in the foot.

>be American
>get shot

>be Euro
>get bombed

>be Muslim
>get set on fire

>be Mexican
>get head cut off

>be Chinese
>die in the middle of the street without any giving a damn

>be Japanese
>refuse to breed