How do I find friends to lift with in University...

How do I find friends to lift with in University? I have no friends right now as a freshman who just moved in to the dorm.

> lifting with other people

kys

>go to gym
>ask someone to spot you and offer to do the same in return
>talk to them and dont be a fucking autist
>brojob

club sportz

you won't. i have had many friends come and go. They don't actually stick to it. its better to just ask for a spot from someone who is also benching. But make sure you tell them how you want them to spot, a lot of people kind of mess it up

Keep an open door and be welcoming

>lifting
>with friends

If you don't have friends within the first two weeks that's it, you're done for the semester SENPAI

>tfw you would lift with other people but social anxiety

1. Acquire friends
2. Take them to the gym

You're a freshman, there will be a lot of people that want to make friends, just don't sperg out about shit. But if you're REALLY bad at making friends [spoiler]like I was,[/spoiler] just join a club at the rec center.

don't be that autist that is literally always in the gym. at least try to make it look like you have a life.

>tfw signed up for a weightlifting class at college to meet new people

I'm not gonna make it alone guys.

Go to the fitness center on campus and look for other freshman. Look for guys in your 101 classes who look like they work out. Literally just ask if they go to the gym at school, and say you're looking for people to lift with.

Christ. What's the matter with government schools these days?

Rush.
Find a fraternity with guys you like hanging out with.
Find guys in it to lift with.
Just be prepared for some dick sucking and don't die during pledgeship.

I'll be the first to say I think frats are gay, and I hate almost everything about them, but they really are the best social outlets at most universities. Just remember why you're at college though. Getting good grades should be priority #1. If you think you have your shit together academically then rush as a freshman when your classes are the easiest.

Sororities have some of the few non-compromises women on campus. There are a lot of downsides to the sorority/frat nexus, but you will have fun, you will get girls, and you will make a few genuine friends. Just don't be pussy who tries to please everyone and dies from alcohol poisoning.

I'd like to add to this and say that there are two things you should never do when rushing.
1) Don't rush a fraternity soley because they have a nice/the nicest house
2) Don't suicide rush (only try to get into one fraternity while not even considering the others)

Actually living in the frat house can suck anyway. It depends on the school, but at a lot of places a lot of frat kids still chose to live on campus, or in other private housing. If you don't live in the house then you don't have to deal with parties and party aftermaths. Also, frat room can be expensive.

You don't.

You need to learn to work out alone because it's much faster to work out alone and if you get in the habit of going with another person then you'll invariably stop when they decide to stop.

Just learn to go by yourself and befriend the guys who are also regulars while you work on your own routine. You can hang out with these people outside of the gym and occasionally make small talk while in the gym. Remember that it's totally cool to compare dicks in the shower and give each other deep tissue massages after hard workouts. Wrestling in tight singlets will also work out your core so be sure to do that.

this
I'm going to get a freshman too and I see college kids who come back to my gym during the summer. I shake my head when I see them 4 men deep on a machine.

>being this self conscious and autismo

be*

Best answer
>dont be a fucking autist
welp good luck next time OP