>broke up with gf
>got depressed
>didn't go to the gym for a couple days
>"oh i'll just go tomorrow"
>"i dont feel like it today, i'll go tomorrow"
>rinse and repeat ad nauseum
>just looked at calendar
>haven't been to the gym in 3 months

I lost my motivation Veeky Forums and I'm losing my gains. Help.

You want to go so go brah.

You're just kicking up a rest year. Good for muscle confusion and resetting your gains

It's as easy to get addicted to gym as it is to stop going.

You have to be strong and just fucking go for 2-3 days and you'll want to go everyday again.

You can do it brother.

Just force yourself to go. You're going to feel shitty and sore and your weights will have all gone down but you need to keep fighting. It's now or never.

GO RIGHT NOW!

>rest year and cheat year at same time
is this the key to natty gains

Can't grant you discipline, but I can tell you you're a faggot for letting your misfortunes dictate your life, and I can also tell you to go to the fucking gym first thing tomorrow, today if it's still open.

Seconding this

GO RIGHT NOW YOU FAGGOT. Get off your ass, stop crying on the internet and go lift heavy objects and then put them down.

Honestly my friend added 30 lbs to his deadlift after not lifting for 3 months. Consider it a full recovery, you did good OP. Now it's time to break your old 1RM.

I felt the same way for a bit.
I went to OSUT for the NG. After I got out and started working my civilian job and living my mundane civilian life I lost motivation to keep up on my PT. Now I'm hitting the gym and doing all my extra PT shit everyday. You just gotta quit being a bitch and get to it OP. I had to my kick myself in the ass and you need to kick yourself in the ass. Don't let some shitty events affect your discipline.

wouldnt the 2nd best time be 19 years ago?

u get the point

also is 20 years from now the 3rd best time?

I've been training for years consistently.

Last year I didn't go to the gym for almost 6 months as I became depressed and addicted to CS:GO.

No changes in body composition occurred, neglected my diet, ate lots of fast food but my caloric intake stayed at about 2500 kcal.

First day at the gym, I went from squatting 4pl8 to 2pl8, and all my other lifts were weak. But it got back up to spec in a couple months.

tl:dr: quit the gym for 6 months, only lost strength but regained it quickly

Muscle memory brah.

Why is 20 years the optimal timeto let a tree grow? I don't understand what's going on. What does this have to do with picking things up and putting them down? Is planting trees part of SS or Gomad???????

When I lost my job I had the same reaction, bro. It's fucking hard. And losing your girlfriend on top of that? When it rains, it pours, am I right?

But one day I just literally forced myself to go. I got in the car and forced myself to go. And from there, it got easier. But you have to just walk to your car or the bus stop or whatever and no turning back. Just go.

And when you get inside, force yourself to check-in (or whatever), and go inside. Even if you don't feel like doing shit, sit down somewhere and force yourself to stay until you go on some machines. Shit, just start with the treadmill and walk. It's just letting yourself be there and getting back into your routine.

Feel better bro.

i put milk on my tree and they died

Don't let the past control you future happiness

Has to be those Estrogens. Tree's aren't able to handle the gyno

This. It's way easier to get back to where you were than it is to get up there in the first place.

Breakups are hard. You either get ultra motivated and make sick breakup gains, or it saps you and takes away what you worked for. I stopped eating for a few weeks after my last big breakup and finally broke a weight loss plateau i had been stuck at, but it took a while to get my lifts back up to spec.

Good luck brehs. Nothing wrong with taking some time off if you need it. Go back in when you're ready and hit it harder than you ever have before.