Who here /homegym/? Gettin tired of gym fees, traveling to the gym after work, stinky indian shitters...

Who here /homegym/? Gettin tired of gym fees, traveling to the gym after work, stinky indian shitters, and not being able to work out naked. Anybody build one recently? How much did it cost you, what equipment do you have? Etc. Also are rogue racks better than elite fts?

Other urls found in this thread:

roguefitness.com/rogue-rm-4-bolt-together-monster-rack-2-0?prod_id=30655&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4cjDorDJ1QIV1IWzCh0lDAyzEAQYASABEgKMBPD_BwE
youtube.com/watch?v=6dy5eyMDt3c
getrxd.com/getrxdguillotines.html
youtube.com/watch?v=KMOKueeNiPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thinking about doing one when I get my own place.
>Sqaut rack
>Dumbells up to 50kg
>Flat and incline bench

I built one recently after i got my tax return. Cost about 5500 Australian Dollarydoos. Obviously it wouldn't have cost as much if i got regular plates, but i like the wank factor.

I got the 90" Rogue monsterlite rack, i'm above pleased with it. As long as it's sitting flat it hardly rocked when i was trying to move it whilst swinging like a dickhead from the pull up bars.

I recently moved into a 2 bedroom apartment specifically to use the second room for getting in shape. I finished building the gym about a month ago and I've never felt better.

I hate going to the gym. I hate fitness in general. But having this church in my own home means I use it every day if I get the chance. I still lift babyweight, but every week it's a bit more than the week before. That's the whole point, I suspect.

Nice setup but looks cluttered as fuck. Is the lite the half rack? As in not a full cage? Hard to tell from the pic. Also did you build that platform?

You spent 5,500 or 550?

Yea it's the halfrack. I got the safety arms with it though, so it's more or less the same shit.

Platform: Yea, I followed Alan Thrall's guide on how to do it, came up very nice.

Only cluttered because i have some other shit happening in the garage at the moment, will be moved soon.

Five thousand five hundred. That's why there is two zeros after the two fives.

I imagine the fucking power rack costs more than 550 m8. Plus nice plates like that are gonna cost at least 2$/pound.

Fuck yeah

Mirin daddio. What rack

Really? I've seen those racks for under a grand at a few places in Melbourne. I get that the plates would be costly and you might have a bar that cost a few hundred but I can't work out how you spent more than two grand.

Are you counting the bike?

I just have a basic $100 bench and about 12 stone in weights.

What do you guys do when you run out of space for dumbbells? I have up to 45lbs and I can't progress anymore on a number of dumbbell movements because I don't have anywhere to put bigger ones. I switched to barbells where I could, but I can't exactly do leg curls with a barbell.

Home gym here too. Feels good power cleaning, deadlifting, squating, and doing bb rows whenever the fuck I want as loud as i want. Fucking gym doesn't accept Olympic lifts or power lifts. I still go to my gym for the dumb bells, cable machines, cardio equipement, and socializing, but beyond that, most of my big lifts occur in my garage with my tv out there to keep me company.

Ok son, here you go, heres rough pricing:

Rack with arms: 1100
Cost for platform: 200
Bench: 350
Ohio Bar: 450
Collars: 60
EZ curl bar: 150
DB Handles: 120
Black weights: 300
Tree: 150
Dip Belt: 90

Powerlifting plate pairs:
5 pairs of 25s: 1625
1x20s : 260
1x10s : 140
1x5s : 80
1x2.5s : 50
1x1.25s : 40
_
Total: ~5200.

i want to, but then i wouldn't get to see all the hot fitness chicks.

Cost about a grand. All bumper plates, though, save for the 5s and 2.5s. I don't have 45s because the warehouse was out, but the guy gave me the option of waiting for them, or just taking a set of 55 instead. I have since added gymnastic rings for a price I do not recall (~$20?)

Holy fuck, those are some expensive bars. My set-up is poverty compared to yours, haha.

Oh and shipping was 250, so 5450. I was estimating gud.

How do you do leg curls with dumbbells?

Anyway, just get good old fashion dumbbells that use standard plates. If you watch, you can get them used for pretty cheap, so you can have two or three sets ready to go (instead of changing plates every time).

Remember, I'm an Ausfag, so everything is double over here.
I envy Americans and your $2 bowling lanes.

How far along in your lifting career are you? That stuff is going to last you a lifetime, haha.

>How do you do leg curls with dumbbells?
There are a couple ways to do it. You can lie face down on a bench, hold one between your feet, and curl it up. I don't like that method because I'm worried that it'll slip and smash my back. I prefer to get into position for dips, hold at the top instead of dipping, then pick up the dumbbell with my feet and curl it.
Never heard of that kind of dumbbell before, I thought all adjustables were cheap shit. I'll check them out, thanks user.

I'm Australian as well. I know how everything is fucked here, haha.

Lol what a dumb ducking exercise

nice set up brah, how much did the whole thing cost?

One day I'll join you guys

I'm 23 in October, and at 2/4/5+/7. 105kg+, 6'1. I've got ~340kg of loadable plates so it'll last me a while before i have to bust another $325 out for a set of 25s.

Represent

Enjoy your imbalances

I'm putting one together. Right now I've just got the bench and adjustable dumbbells. Saving up for a squat rack, barbell and plates.

I'm also going to put down some plywood and rubber mats, as I'm in a 3rd floor apartment.

Op here. This is the rack i've been eyeing for the centerpiece of the home gym. Its expensive as fuck at 1300 but its so damn beautiful. Overpriced garbage or worth it for lifetime of use?

roguefitness.com/rogue-rm-4-bolt-together-monster-rack-2-0?prod_id=30655&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4cjDorDJ1QIV1IWzCh0lDAyzEAQYASABEgKMBPD_BwE

Mate, that's pretty fucking impressive! What age did you start lifting?

About 1500, 1600 for everything. In Canadian dollars.

I got as much as I could off craigslist. The bench was 125 (with like 105 pounds standard weight). The Marcy gym 250, the dumbells 200.

The halfwrack, bars, and olympic weights I had to get new, because nobody sells then for less than new; they just stand up too well to wear and tear.

I would recommend to any home gym to buy a yoke, they can usually double as a rack as well. I have on of the rogues and it's awesome. The only reason to go one brand over the other is compatibility issues with attachments. Besides their yoke though most rogue brand strongman stuff is rubbish. Any metal shop can make an axle and farmer handles for 100, you just lose the powedercoating

I used to be a rower between 13-19, then i went to the gym, lifting for the sake of lifting between 19-21 and at about the start of last year i really started training for strength. Start of this year I focused on gaining size, and am about to switch back over to power and strength training again.

I'd like to be at 200kg bench, 250 squat and 300+ dead by the end of the year though.

Post body

I have weights outside and afew stands that i use for rack pulls and squats. Cant use it on rainy days ehich sucks and spiders crawl into the weights.

Why would I bother doing that?

Everything rouge is pretty overpriced, especially their racks and plates. I almost bought a whole fleet of equipment from them before i found fringe sports and got way fucking better deals and free shipping through them. Fuck rouge

Are home gyms an investment that are cheaper in the long run?

I keep thinking a homegym would be too expensive and not worth it in the long run. Then I remember I spent 2200$ on my computer build 6 years ago.

Eh, depends on how much you intent to use it, and what your gym membership costs.

Depends how long you'd be paying a weekly fee for.

Don't forgot to take into account opprtunity cost (time), as well as money lost through gas consumption

Also depends on gas and time it takes to get to your pajeet infested gym

Got new pair of training plates yesterday. Amazing plates but not much different than my color echo plates. The echo are half the price too.

I got one but I wish I had gotten bumper plates instead.

Those rogue weights are really clean.
I'm getting pretty jelly reading this thread.

Although I like going to the gym, it sucks when it's crowded but I like the energy associated with people bettering them selves.

And when a hottie is working out my test lvl legit raise and I can lift heavier. It's so fucking primal. I love it.

I got work out bros that come over crush weight then crush beers. Also my wife and I work out together it's fun.

Same, word for word. It kicks ass desu

Because you claimed to have 2/4/5+/7 and I call bullshit

It's great and u never know when it's 2 am and you and the boys wanna see who can drunkenly bench more Kek also since Its right there I can come and go whenever.

Those dumbells will cost you a fortune.

I have weights up to 150kg, a bench and some sort of squat rack build into the wall of my garden shack. Sadly not the only bar diameter.
It does the job quite well since I'm on my way out of dyel.
Dirt cheap too since I usually grab weights for 1€ per kg from Craigslist.
And gym Memberships here in Germany are usually fucking expensive for absolute dogshit equipment.

I got no one to spot me though and give me advice on form which I'd appreciate every now and then.

this is a good rack for not 1000s

>spend 5k bucks
>dont even have a cage
>dont even have weird esoteric stuff for fun like thick bar or deadlift bar
>just blew all the money on meme reds you cant even lift

wew. i spend less than 1k. got the cheapest cage i could find. works great and has standard holes so i can buy all sorts of addons. i mean its allade from steel user, its not like its going to break. you can lift in a wooden rack of you want for fucks sake

i was going to get that but they were sold out or something so i got one that was basically the same and same price, just a different pull-up bar

Looks like shit. I bet that thing would rock around when you rack weights. Fuck that. Ill spend some dosh on a decent rack cause im not a poorfag

Like you lift enough weight to need a decent one lmao

I would love to have a homegym, but I don't have enough space.

IS THAT A CHEEKY CHRIS CHAN BAR I SEE

Thinking of buying a set of configurable dumbells with some plates, and I think I can cover most of my muscle groups - but what is the dumbell-equivalent exercise to deadlifts and traps pulldowns?

can someone give me an estimate on how much it would cost for a power rack, bench, olympic barbell and weights? i think i could save money making my own deadlift platform like alan thrall. and buying the horse-wagon foam padding for the floor.

Bought a rack and bench for $180
Just need some weights and a barbell. Do the plates really matter? I'm probably gonna get some cheap $1.5/lb 25/45 bumpers and cheap 10/5/2.5 metals

>what is an adjustable dumbbell set

so you deadlift 310kg?

What rack is that?

Everything in picture 1500 minus platform I built for 100 bucks and the dip attachment

Looks good. You have all the essentials now you just need some fluff accessories for more variety. What type of rack?

Depends entirely on what youre looking for and quality in terms of craigslist shopping or ordering from the big maufacturers like rogue. Can get pricey for sure.

Anyone make their own power rack?

youtube.com/watch?v=6dy5eyMDt3c

Yes, good eye.

getrxd.com/getrxdguillotines.html

I wish I had a home gym.

youtube.com/watch?v=KMOKueeNiPk

Yes. I bought some cheap CAP plates.

I have 6 45s. 2 are +1.5, 1 is -1.5, 1 is +2.5 the other 2 are right.

2 35s, both are +2.5
2 25s, 1 +1.5 the other -1.5

Seems like a bad deal to me.

>plates all over the ground

I built two.
First one was a monstrosity/full rack made out of wooden scaffold bohles. I disassembled it eventually.
I finished the other one today. It's a pair of self-supporting spotter arms, connecting to commercial squat stands, essentially a half rack. It's much more aesthetic and made out of fir glulam.
Do you need some pics?

Sure man post it

Hello yoke-kun, I have a question for you.
I have seen some yokes that seems to be held together by the mid section and that could theoretically be disassembled easily. I wonder how sturdy this is.
You see, I have a problem of space and would like to be able to put my rack away when not in use.

Here you go!
The squat stands are by marbo sports, which should be shilled more often for all europeans here. The spotter arms cost me about 60€.
When I bench I need to weigh the stands down, because they might shift a bit when I'm reracking forcefully, but that's about the only drawback. When I squat I just put more lumber onto the arms, so that they are higher.
When I don't use it, I put the wooden spotter arms under my bed, because space is a bit tight.
I'm very pleased.
>There's weights hidden in every corner of my room

Red pill me on squat stands. I seen a pair rated at 250kg max for about 160 euro compared to a 180kg max at 250 euro full rack. Will they do the job well enough even if I get up to big enough weights?

Mine

>

Get a titan rack senpai

I did, using those exact instructions. I'm somewhat skilled with tools, nowhere near professional, more like entry level hobbyist, and it was more or less a breeze. If you get all your materials ready in one go you can make the rack and bench in like a weekend.
The only thing is that they tell you you can saw those corner pieces using a hand saw. That's impossible, you'll never get it right, gotta get someone with a miter saw to do it for you or have a miter saw handy.

Where do you live? I get the feeling you would deal with rust issues if you lived in a place that actually gets winters

So what do you do when it rains or snows?

I have that Dick's Sporting Goods store brand 300lbs + bar weight set too, and it kinda sucks for deadlifting since the 45's aren't standard diameter and have bevels on the circumference that lend to rolling around. Still a great deal though, especially since it's usually discounted down to $200.

Looks good, user.

I live in Chicago and yeah it sucks. It's beginning to rust as well. I was recommended to get a tarp and shit to put over it but never did. I need to and will.

I cancel my workout. At my old house I had a garage and a full size power rack so weather never mattered but now I'm living in a place where I HAVE to train outside or go to a shitty public gym. I miss having a garage.

I'm okay with the heat and cold winters though.

You're right. I want to add some 45lb bumper plates to it because they're a little bigger and would prevent that. Also would like a bar with a more extreme knurling but I can't complain. It was cheap.

I can't believe people on Craigslist want so much for their used weights when you can go get a shitty olympic set at Dicks for $200.

i don't need a homegym, i pick up the manlets in my basement pit

Squat stands are a deathtrap. The WILL fall over at some point leaving you with xxxlb on your back and nowhere to put it. They're literally not legal for commercial gyms due to the health and safety hazard they pose.

Between sets I walk from the gymroom (second bedroom) to my bedroom and lie on the bed to rest.

At least in my experience they're a pain to disable completely as mine has holes to slide the poles in so you have to lay the whole thing down. In my set up I have a platform and as I said I use my yoke as everything so I have hooks and spotter arms. Everything including my bench fits nicely on my platform when I put it away.

Been using kettlebells for about and just started getting into fitness.

I found these 90lb tractor counterweights. I use them for my farmers walk

About 4 months. Dropped like, 130 on a new competition 53lb one. Another 50 or so on a 35lb when I started.

Here's a 'dumbell' I made for free out of tractor spacers

>working out naked
this would be my primary reason for getting home gym

Squatting naked is the goat. Zero resistance

im gonna need you to spot me though, safety first am i right

novice mistake. You look at your balls hanging there from the mirror and burst out laughing while deep in the squat. That shit's dangerous