/routinegeneral/

What are your thoughts on this?
Also routine general.

Other urls found in this thread:

am-books.com/2016/02/tactical-barbell-ii-pdf/
t-nation.com/training/bodybuilding-for-strength-athletes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

jim wendler's 5/3/1 for powerlifting (aka 3/5/1)

...amen

not enough volume

Reading through it it seems pretty solid minis the volume. It just looks like a long term adjustable progressive overload routine focusing on strength, endurance, and strength endurance. I'm building all three off of other programs but once I reach my goals I'll probably cruise on this indefinitely

Should I do this or Candito's Six Week program?

try it and see for yourself. literally best gains of my life.

Here's some routines

Take the methodologies from this and blend the programs. Take a 4 day version and replace it with canditos while maintaining the endurance and strength endurance sessions

Sorry fren but i'm too retarded to do that. If you had to choose which would it be?

Also I do judo, gymnastics, and morning pt for ROTC. I felt like Candito's was way too much volume but it also gave me blessed strength gains. I'm just worried if my strength will stall.

I do the conditioning regimen from the 2nd book. It's amazing. Just do 5/3/1 or something for strength though.

Can you post the conditioning regimen? I only have the first book and I'm too much of a poor fag to buy it. Also I can't find a torrent link for the second book anywhere.

What made you decide on 5/3/1 instead of the strength training in TB?

The book is a template, go through it and pick and choose what you want out of it. If you have a strength program then pair that with tb E and SE. If all you want is a strength program then you might be better off with something else. I'm on a colleges rowing team so I won't integrate the cardio into my programming until I graduate

Good stuff. Which is the old school periodization book he references?

ohp - 4x8
deadlift - 3x8
lateral raises - 3x10
squat - 3x8
calve raise - 3x15
seated behind the head shoulder press - 3x10
leg extension - 3x12
leg curl - 3x12
seated dumbbell press - 4x8

benchpress - 4x8
weighted pullups - 3x12
pec flyes - 4x12
lat pulldown - 4x12
dumbbell incline bench - 3x10
barbell rows - 4x8
dumbbell bench press - 3x10
seated rows - 4x12

How fucking long does this take you

its two different days

I've never even looked at the strength training in the first book. I just know 5/3/1 is tried and tested and highly configurable.

First page of Google:
am-books.com/2016/02/tactical-barbell-ii-pdf/

The conditioning has a few templates for day selection, then you basically decide if you want to do high intensity/explosive conditioning (Black Protocol) or long distance/endurance (Green Protocol). The rest of the book is a giant collection of various conditioning workouts that you can choose from. Most of them will kick your fuckin ass. I'll post a pic

Holy shit you are an actual god. I've read up on TB 1 and it seems that a lot of the strength routines are basically the same as the 531. Both focuses on core lifts, low volume, and periodization. Not really worth to shelve out $20 for a routine you could get for free. Honestly TB 2 (Conditioning) is the only book worth buying as 531 would probably fit the niche for many "tactical" athletes trying to make strength gains. However I would say that their fighter template is solid and a pretty well fleshed out two day a week routine for athletes who can't make big commitments to the gym. Anyways thanks for the help user. You're absolutely based.

Your lifts are all over the place. If your goal is hypertrophy it's unwise to cram this much volume into two days. You'd be better off doing PPL for adequate recovery and aesthetics. If I were you I'd honestly transition into a intermediate 3 day split for strength and some conditioning mixed in instead if you're not looking for size. A good medium would also be an Upper/Lower split for both size and strength. One good routine that comes to mind is Candito's Six Week Strength Routine. My lifts skyrocketed while I managed to stay pretty lean. Would recommend that also.

I'd also like to point out that you're doing a fuckton of assistance work and a weird set/rep scheme for your core lifts. Keep your core lifts heavy and low rep. If your goal is to increase strength on your core lifts, rest for at least 2 minutes between sets in order to minimize hypertrophy or "fluff" muscle.

Currently on my second run of this program. My first run made my bench go up 25 lbs and squat 60 lbs in 11 weeks.

I lost at least 5 pounds of fat while maintaining my bodyweight on a cut without any extra cardio. Would definitely recommend it.

The strength portion is pretty underwhelming for anything other than beginner.

Try Johnniewod or field strong for a complete strength and conditioning program. Has both beginner and advanced programming.

Thinking of 5/3/1 with link related for accessories
What is Veeky Forums's opinion?
Bench accessories on press and bench day.
t-nation.com/training/bodybuilding-for-strength-athletes

Thoughts?

Is this too much volume because I'm cutting

Also how to incorporate weighted pullups?

25yo DYEL here, 177 cm 70 kg, What do you think about this:

Day 1, 3, 5
>light cardio
>3x10 pushups
>3x10 lunges
>3x10 ab crunches
>3x10 back extentions
>3x8-14 dumbbell rows
>3x8-14 dumbbell curls
>3x8-14 lunges with dumbbells

Day 2, 4 30 minutes of swimming.

I realize that fitness has to take some time, but as things are, I'm very inefficient with my time because I don't really follow any routine. I tend to do the stuff above, so I thought I'd formalize it and try to get it done in about an hour. When I've got the lats to do pull-ups, I'll modify the routine.

Auschwitz here.

SS or not?
Is the T-Rex meme real?

Do stronglifts with accessories. Its more rounded (more upper body) and 5x5 will produce slightly more aesthetic results than 3x5. 5x5 for strength means you'll fail more often though.

I dont think I can do a 5x5 kek

I'm too weak, plus I consume cannabis

Help me out Veeky Forums, how's this look?

PPLPPLx

Push:
BB OHP 3x8
DB Bench 3x8
Front/side Raises 3x12
Chest Flys 3x12
Cable Tricep Extension 3x12
Upright Row 3x12

Pull:
Deadlift 3x5
Seated Cable Row 3x8
Lat Pull Down 3x10
Hammer Curl 3x12
Face Pulls 3x12

Legs:
Squat 3x8
Leg Extension 3x10
Calf Raise 3x15

I imagine you look like Ninja from Die Antwoord, but without being cool

How long do people tend to cycle routines, like a year or so? I'm switching off SS + a fuckload of upper body accs to Coolcicada's PPL in October and was wondering if there's a given amount of time to do a routine for, or if I just switch to say, an endurance/hypertrophy routine when I get to my strength goals.

which lvl were you, while doing it? did you train all days in one week? what is with your diddly?

A
Squat
OHP
DL
Dips
Pull-Ups

B
Squat
Bench
Bent-Over Rows
Dips
Chin-Ups

Routine:
AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx
repeat

OCB was on a cycle so routine is irrelevant. Start pinning I suppose.
Pic related, anyone else running cowboy?

Anybody know a good PPL program that has a greater focus on legs? My girlfriend wants a routine, been running Coolcicada with her, but she'd like more legs. Would that program but with legs twice a week work?

good for squat and bench, deadlift just add nuckols 28free 1xdeadlift(begin,int,adv) on wednesday. Do the bench first, the second lift is squat. The ohp day can be too much for regeneration, skip it if your triceps can't regenerate till friday. Do volume day for squat and bench on each opposite side of the week, which means monday: Squat Volume, Bench effort, friday: Bench volume, Squat effort.

>Do the bench first, the second lift is squat
Why would I do that?
>Do volume day for squat and bench on each opposite side of the week, which means monday: Squat Volume, Bench effort, friday: Bench volume, Squat effort
The program is already like that dude.
>deadlift just add nuckols 28free 1xdeadlift(begin,int,adv) on wednesday.
Why? whats wrong with the DL routine already in it?

Do you actually have any idea what youre talking about?

Is this too many volume on Upper day?

Upper:
OHP 3x12 (Barbell) 2x12 (Db)
Pullups 5x10
Incline bench 3x12 (Bb) 2x12 (Db)
Row 5x10
Lateral raises 5x12

Lower:
Hip Thrust 4x10
RDL 3x8
DL / Bulgarian squat 3x8
Abs

U/L/x/U/L/x/x

for the lifting component here, you will see no progress. e.g. once you can do 3x10 push-ups, there's no further adaptation for your chest muscles to make. you would either need to increase the weight (putting weight on your back), increase the number of reps (ineffective after about 15 per set), or changing to a more difficult exercise (e.g. one-arm push-ups). to make actual progress, either change to an actual program utilizing barbell compounds or see the bodyweight general for bodyweight exercise progressions.

it's good you're keeping cardio in there. if lifting is more important to you though, would recommend that you lift before cardio if you're going to do both on the same day.

You won't make any real gains in terms of size or strength just by doing these exercises. Sure you might build a little muscular endurance but that's pretty much it. Instead of doing this every other day do a three day beginner strength program days 1 3 5, swimming days 2 4, and your circuit routine on day 6. Day 7 should be left off for complete recovery. Not only will you be strong but you'll have a high degree of conditioning and endurance to complement this. You'll be a more well rounded athlete. For you strength programs I'd recommend SL or Greyskull LP due to linear progression. Don't fall for the SS meme.

deadlift is only submaximal, the highest is at week 6 with 80%. Low frequency+low intensity for deadlift sucks in my opinion.
Squatting first affects bench, benching first doesn't affect squat.
I don't like blockpulls either and deficit, because they don't translate well too my pulls. Somehow snatchgrip does(maybe technique?)

Why does him being on gear devalidate the entire routine?

I was too lazy to crop it, im obviously not expecting a physique like that.
I just want to know, is it a good ppl, and why is it bad/good?

People who look like shit before gear or are obviously on for a long while usually never have any clue about how natural people function in terms of lifting.
They have more stamina, strength, and recovery capacity then a normal person and they will see fantastic gains no matter what they do in the gym.

So any workout plan created by someone like that will always be suspect.

I'm not a fan of upright rows or leg extensions. I would rather do shrugs and lunges respectively.

I'd also put the shrugs on pull day at the end, after face pulls, because both are good for traps.

I'd then put another tri exercise on push, like skullcrushers. I'd skip front raises entirely and just do side raises, your front delts are getting enough with OHP+BP.

On pull day, I would put another curl variant, one for the small head, such as Preacher, incline, or concentration.

If you can deadlift twice a week, that's cool. Personally I have two leg days. One goes
>deadlift
>lunge
>standing calf raise

The other leg day is
>squat
>romanian deadlift
>seated calf raise

This way I'm not worn out from deadlifting on pull day before getting into rows and pulldowns (I do pullups instead).

None of this is me correcting you, just ideas to consider if you want to make some adjustments.

Are you a guy or girl?

Cant do anything that would stress my lower back right now so I'm doing
Bench 5x5
Chin ups 5x5

every other day

Train 3 days a week
A
>Squat, bench and deadlift 1x20
B
>Squat bench dead 2x10
C
>All for 4x5
Up the weight on every range five pounds and repeat next week.
Sorta like that periodization thing all the nerd lifters talk about. Except periodized over a single week. Typical accessories. Any potential benefits to this kind of training?
Training for """general athleticism"""

Day A:
5X5 Deadlifts
5X5 bent over dumbbell rows
5X5 dumbbell shoulder press

Day B:
5X5 Squats
5X5 barbell press
8 walk the planks (get into a pull up position and slowly lower yourself down)
2X5 light weight and 3X5 heavier weight Lat Pull downs
I alternate every other day, so A, rest, B, rest, etc.

You people need to fucking run.

Do you not understand the heart is a MUSCLE jsut like your non existent abs and biceps?

Get on a treadmill and run until your tibia feels like its heating up from pain.

Running is the ultimate exercise and will get you more pussy than your stupid deadlift and squats

>Squatting first affects bench, benching first doesn't affect squat
So explain to me why PL meets squat first.
>Why does him being on gear devalidate the entire routine?
Because gear works so well that you could be on a complete dogshit routine or not even lift at all and youll still build muscle.

Not him but it goes squat>bench>DL so that you don't go heavy squat straight to heavy deadlift you muppet, bench in the middle gives the legs a wee break.

I know that you faggot thats my point. It clearly isnt enough of an effect squatting before benching. Also just so you know since clearly youve never been to a meet before they have large ass amounts of time in between lifts.

Squat- 3x5
Calf raises-3×15
Ohp-3x5
Lateral raises-3×8-10

Bench-3x5
Dips-3×8-10
Decline push ups-3×10
Close grip bench-3×8-10

Deadlift-1x5
Pull ups- 3×8-10
Curls- 3x8-10

I do ab work and jump rope for cardio at then end of each work out

Bump

>tactical barbell
>doesnt have any rails on it
the "operator" meme is the gayest fucking shit to infect /k/ and now its spreading here. cant wait for the over weight neck bears in plate carriers to start practicing their jam clearing drills in the squat rack

Thanks for the input man, I had hammer curls because I've got wrist problems and hammer curls help reduce strain on my bad wrist. Same with skullcrushers, great exercise but not good for my wrist. I'll try this routine out for a while and see how I do with deads, I may end up having 2 different pull days if twice a week is too much. I appreciate your feedback my man

been hypertrophy lifting for 3 years, whats a good routine for gaining strength now?

depends how strong you are.
How much strength did you gain while you were wasting your time for 3 years?

max I can bench is 225 for 12 on incline, and 80lb db incline for 12 on a good day.
I don't squat anymore but the highest I was at a year ago was 3pl8

>what are accessories

did you even read the program?

bump

Thoughts on nsuns 5/3/1? Been doing the 5 day for the last 2 weeks seems like a lot of volume, it's exhausting but I like it so far. Wondering if anyone else here has tried it

I'm about 3 months in, it's pretty great. You'll adjust to the volume.