Are you the strongest person of your non-Veeky Forums social circles? What is it like?

Are you the strongest person of your non-Veeky Forums social circles? What is it like?

I'm legit curious because I've always been a beta weakling.

People tag you in gym memes so they have an excuse to post gym memes despite not lifting.

I also get asked to do manual labor slightly more frequently.

People make comments and jokes about my obsession. They were friends before I started lifting. Nothing else really.

What the fuck is a non-Veeky Forums social circle?

I'm an engineer on a collegiate rugby team. I'm one of the strongest engineers at the school, but i'm weak as fuck compared to most rugby players (I'm a back, a wing no less).

This

like a scouse guy who had a blackbelt in kickboxing at 16, he tore his back and is now a normie bitch with ridiculous amount of isometric strength.
His parents feed him brown rice and indian food scouse people eat.

>wing
You should look like a sheaded forward that can dunk.
You from us or uk, all the wingers in nz just do spints and bodybuilding shit.

nah, one of my friends is pretty big.
He doesnt even lift, he just works manual labor in a factory.

I'm assuming the weebs i game with are DYEL, I don't have irl friends ;_;

I'm getting called when someone needs help moving more often or physical labour is needed.

I don't know if I'm the strongest, I've been out for a month because of a fucking back injury and one of my massive friends has been making pretty good gains but I'm probably the most Veeky Forums overall and among the strongest. I've got an extremely gregarious and loud personality so I think that contributes to way people see me "the big guy" even though I'm just a stocky hairy italian manlet

I'm a 100% dyel 5'10 195 lbs with shitty lifts 255/350/405 and yet the strongest guy at my gym and social circle.

I'm from Brazil and here everyone's got engulfed into the crossfit meme, no one knows what powerlifting or olympic weightlifing is. People are either doing bodybuilding splits with 10-15 reps without knowing their RM at regular gyms or whatever you do at a crossfit gym. I met this girl once that could pull a 330 diddly once but she was around 200-220lbs, had huge legs and was a bit chubby. Other than that I never see impressive shit.

>People tag you in gym memes
STOP

USING

FACEBERG

>wing
You may not be the strongest little dude, but you and the fullback slam the most bitties. Unless you play league, league is fucking scum tier
>T. Second row

nearing 6pl8 deadlift and i have no friends, so this is an easy one OP

I'm the strongest one if we're talking about weight lifting. I bench lmao2pl8 for reps, where as most of my friends don't even lift. But I have one friend who does muay thai for 2 years now, he could beat the shit out of me anytime he'd want. This is the reason why i'm picking up boxing next summer. What's the point of being strong and big if a 5'9 ottermode manlet can fuck you up

Yes, but it was always like that as a kid too.

Shit, I've never thought about it, but I'm the strongest in all of my social circles. I know one guy who does powerlifting, who could outlift my ass with his pinkie, but otherwise I'm golden. Lifting isn't that common in general, when I think about it, but still, thanks for making me realize

Yeah and I'm dyel by Veeky Forums standards but i've been lifting consistently for 13 months and boxing since 14 but my social circle are mostly nerds who play vidya erryday
all because i'm too nerdy and awkward to hang out with the jocks, chads, brads, thads

easily, my only friend that looks big is lot weaker, can only do more pullups, but i bench more, i ohp more, i squat more and deadlift more

no
my older brother is stronger but this doesn't stop my family to ask me for help almost every week.

Yes by a lot.

They tell me i'm insane one moment and then ask me for fitness advice the next. They try what i suggest for three days and quit because they can't handle it.

Why?

fucking hell guys, do not google search that image

My social circle is 50% old school hard labor southern guys.
Most of them don't look that strong, with their 30% BF and their beer guts, but then most of them are capable of shit like lifting the back of a car, unscrewing a rusted on plumbing pipe, pressing 150lb feed bags over their heads for 10, 20, 30 reps to get them into a loft, etc.

Seems like a southern diet, heavy on meat and dairy, coupled with the life of a farmer, mechanic, plumber, etc, makes these guys stupid strong.

I probably look the fittest of most of them, but I'm actually on the weaker side compared to them.

yeah by far

unmotivating, 90% of them don't lift at all

Yeah, it's fine mostly, they ask for advice sometimes. This one guy in the group tries to be a huge gains goblin, and always tries to one up me when I give advice to the others, even though he has never touched a weight. Feels good to go into depth about why he's wrong to shut him up.

>tfw slowly getting your group on the fitness train

It took forever to show them that you can fit it into your life and still do all the autistic nerd shit you enjoy.

Just fuck him up, desu.
>pic related

I'm the second strongest in my group. Strongest guy doesn't gym, just works in a job that requires him to be strong. Everyone else is skinnyfag or Auschwitz mode. I'm only about 7 months into lifting but everyone says I've gotten visibly stronger. That was enough to convince two of my friends to start lifting, possibly soon to be three. Feels good.

Thought I was hella athletic but that's because my friend group in high school was girls and nerds

firefighter here. . .

3rd out of 20 on bench press

6th out of 20 on 1 mile run when I tested. (best time would have tied 1st) 6:40*

feels good.

Don't listen to fit this isn't dyel

I'm strongest even though some of my friends lift, they all started after I did which is nice because as long as I go ham I always have an edge on them. I have one friend who has been lifting for 3-4 years and has an insane physique but is like 5'8" and I'm 6'2" so it's cool.

It's nice because it makes me more attractive by comparison. Also people ask me to do labor a bit more.

those hick strong motherfuckers are no joke

I grew up in rural pennsylvania and the amount of 315+ benchers (including some 405+ benchers, in fucking HIGH SCHOOL) was ridiculous

Are you planning on doing boxing as a hobby or compitition.
I've been thinking about getting into boxing but i'd rather not have brain trama or anything.

Fucking this so much I'm friends with a 5'6 monkey youngling that can fuck my shit up only because I haven't been on top of my combat training like I used to (taekwondo and boxing). I'm planning on taking muay thai and a bit of wrestling.
>tfw he was offered to go to pride fighting

No, in one group I'm second place, but the guy ahead of me had diabetes so I guess I win.

this

those ole southern boys may have beer guts and and chubby faces but watching two of them wrestle a wild boar into submission and pull a tractor out of a mud pitt; puts a fear of god in you

functional strength brehs, they're slow as anything though

That's not dyel though

I am. People either automatically place me in a position of authority or they play the victim and I'm positioned as a "bully".

315 bench
455 squat
545 deadlift

>What is it like?
Everybody is either small and frail or fat and weak.

People have arms smaller than your forearms and consider 100kg to be a weight requiring titanic effort to lift.

Some people are inspired by your consistency and actually start lifting, looking up to you and asking you basic questions. Some of them actually listen and improve, some of them are passive-aggresive pussies who just like the idea of being muscular and do not like lifting at all.

You learn to actually belittle the latter to their faces in casual conversation after the third time they find excuses and to respect the former.

My main inner circle of friends are skelly bois mostly. Often get comments about my arms being bigger than their thighs

Family yes, no one really works out. Have one cousin that works on a farm and is in OK shape but nothing crazy.
Family friends, debatable. I'm definitely the strongest but there's one dude who does multi-week overland hunts in the Yukon, Alaska, etc. He's probably in better shape cardio wise, as he trains to carry 75 pounds of shit up and down a mountain.
Work friends, nope. One buddy who is well over 1/2/3/4 by now, plays baseball a ton, and another girl who is the ultimate in cardio bunnies. Much more dedicated than me.
Friends, maybe I am now. They got me into fitness but they all fell off the wagon coming out of Uni, they don't work out anymore. Out of 6 people who all started working out together regularly only myself and 1 other guy even try anymore. Another does rock climbing and stays in decent shape due to that but I wouldn't call him strong really, just wiry.

grew up in mass, and we also had hickstrong folk. knew a kid that was 5'9'' 230lbs or so, could bench ~450lbs, and went 20something wins and 0 losses his last season of wrestling. played dnd with him too, he was a good lad.

I fucking hate being 5'6

dyel isn't about strength or stats though, first time on Veeky Forums?

Me but I'm a geology major. Still have the best DL on the team.

>MFW tighthead prop

this

Yes, but I'm also the manlet. I benched the two lanky mates of mine and it was pretty fun, but I'm heading off to college now and only one of my old mates is coming with.

It's rather comfortable being the strongest; but I am by no means the smartest. Although, the smartest wasn't "smart" in some aspects, either jajaja.

Nobody believes how strong I am except when I show them, but they liked how I lost most of my fat. Some of them even compliment me in rather gay ways.

Sadly, I have shit stamina so I get outran by everyone. I aim to fix this in my first year of College via swimming and running.