Should I just replace Deadlifts with RDL's and Rack Pulls? I'm so sick of deadlifting...

Should I just replace Deadlifts with RDL's and Rack Pulls? I'm so sick of deadlifting. I have horrible leverages for deadlifting, I see no progress and I always hurt myself and get posture issues when I deadlift. I'd really like to be good at deadlifts because I want that thicc ass and upper back. Can I just do rows and rackpulls for the upper back, and RDL's, squats and reverse hyperextentions for the lower body and get the same effect? I've heard some powerlifters don't even deadlift that often but rather just hit accessories and they are still very strong at it. Pic unrelated

>can't do quite possibly one of the easiest lifts

>I have horrible leverages for deadlifting
What kind?

>I always hurt myself
Let me guess that it's your lower back that hurts, or what?

You should consider trying hexbar deadlifts, OP. Easier on every part of the anatomy.

Short arms, short torso, long legs. My upper body is parallel to the floor in the bottom position. Yes I hurt my lower back. I once tried the hex bar, it was amazing, but unfortunately the gym where I regularly workout in does not have one.

>. I'd really like to be good at deadlifts because I want that thicc ass and upper back
are you sure these are the ways to get either?...
Reverse Hypers, GHR, Hip Thrust/Glute Bridge, sprinting, stair stepper.

Deadlift should only be isometric contraction for upperback, not bad but not the most efficient hypertrophy.
if you only have a barbell, you could do different types of rows traditionally and with Tbar/Landmine.

Ah, right.
If I were you I would probably do something like:
- Place the barbell on a raised surface to compensate for your poor leverage, and then do ordinary deadlifts.
- Focus on sumo deadlifts, or snatch grip deadlifts (for decreased ROM)
- Use the kind of loads you can use to do farmer's walks, to do deadlift. That should emulate the hexbar in terms of anatomy, by placing the load right on the sides of your body.

But still, you don't /need/ to do deadlifts specifically.

If youre under 5'9, deadlifts are easily one of the hardest lifts you can do. If you're over 6'0, 4pl8 should be an easy milestone within 8 months. Your leverages are inherently horrible if you're short simply due to how close you are to the floor. It's essentially constant defecit deadlift mode.

yeh do it, alphadestiny recommends it.

Short persons have shorter ROM required for the deadlift. They are essentially getting the same benefit as sumo/snatch dl's or platforms all the time.

In general, all kinds of lifts are easier if you're shorter. That goes for deadlifts, squats, bench press, ohp. Less work is required to complete the movement. It also has to do with lever physics. That's why shorter lifters always has a better pound for pound lifting capability.

Taller guys are only benefited if they also have really long arms, but that goes for everyone.

>im sick of picking something up off the floor

Complete dyel

Jesse norris is 5 8 and one of the strongest deadliftlers in the world

t. I plateaued on 135

OP is most definitely doing them wrong if he's getting hurt. Sure, some people have a better build for certain lifts, but that doesn't mean you get a free pass. Your set up is most likely fucked, which is causing you to pull out of balance, making you feel like shit throughout the movement. Post form if you want more specific feedback.

>Better yet, do it on the SS coaches forum. Veeky Forums retards will give you bad information.

Lower the weight, practice, get better.

Stop being a bitch.

Thats not true at all. This only makes strength ratios to bodyweight better. Being short does not increase absolute strength. Although the ROM is shorter, the ROM is still complete in both cases. Someone who is 9 feet tall and someone who is 4 feet tall are holding the same weight underneath the barbell when unracking a barbell. And they are both still under the same tension at the peak of the lift. The only thing that changes is the time in which tension is added, but it still the same tension being added, just more slowly. This however is already counteracted with the increased muscle mass caused by increased muscle fiber length. This is why tall lifters ALWAYS have higher absolute strength.

Again, relative to bodyweight, shorter lifters are objectively advantaged. But, relative to absolute strength, taller lifters are objectively advantaged.

I've done this plenty of times.
Actually plateaued on 3plates for 5reps

Deadlifting is shit for looking good anyway. Do rdls or use hex bar

this is good advice, i also have short arms / torso and long legs (6'2) and sumo deadlifts and block dead lifts are the only things that work for me

except it has nothing to do with height, and everything to do with the relative length of your arms

snatch grip deadlift increases ROM, it does not decrease it

the rest of you post is right
do rack pulls, hex bar, deadlifts from plates, RDLs, SLDLs, or sumo deadlifts, if you really hate conventional that much

Do you activate your hamstrings properly during the lift? If not more of the load will be on your lower back which could easily lead to pain. Add some light hamstring curls to your warmup and practice firing the muscle with progressively higher weight until you've got the hang of it.

I just do shrugs and heavy low bar squats. Fuck deadlifts