Does Gastric Bypass surgery actually reduce people's hunger?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.obesityfree.com/what-happens-to-the-hunger-hormone-ghrelin-after-gastric-sleeve-surgery
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no fuck its just his body recovering from surgery

Severely reduces my opinion of them.

2600 is easy to knock out at most fast food chains. Hardees/Carl's jr has burgers that are 2200+ add fries and lg coke and you should hit 2600. I'm guessing boogie didn't stop at one burger.

He's eiher a liar or just stupid. A mcdonalds big breakfast with hotcakes is like a 1000. His walrus ass could easily scarf down 3 or 4 of them.

Heck, the Deep! Deep! Dish! pizza from Little Seez is 2900 - 3000.

Bull shit boogie 6 mcdoubles is 2400 calories and i do that regularly when bulking

You think this beanbag knows anything about counting calories?

It does technically because the stomach fills very fast (since it's just the size of a coin purse now) but people like Boogie don't eat because their body signals hunger.
They eat because food is their way to feel good

Boogie will always be a fat shit because of this. He'll find a way to keep eating despite the bypass because that's how's structured his entire universe.

If he was able to change how he he's order his life on a fundamental level, he wouldn't need the surgery.

Think about it, Boogie probably doesn't wake up until 11 AM at the earliest anyway.

That doesn't allow him all that much time to actually even have a breakfast, so that's why I'm not shocked he boasts about eating so little for that meal.

How do they not get sick of eating like that?

A couple pancakes, sure
but after that it would just be a chore to get down

He probably felt sick alot of times after feasting. Boogie also has some kind of mental illness, maybe depression, and when he eats the dopamine rush in his brain make him feel alright for a bit. this srugery won't help him in the long run. He will lose weight for a bit then gain it all again and become even fatter. they are not helping this man at the root of his problems

>mental illness

We all have mental illness, he has a lack of motivation and will power to overcome.

Unironically this
This "accepting" culture of mental illness is doing more harm than good.
It's giving people an excuse to coexist with their failings.

Well this lack of motivation and lack of will power definitely comes from something else than just lazyness. He is sick in his brain
and what do you mean that we all have mental illness?

he'll likely replace his coping mechanism with another
hopefully opiates, or something that kills him sharpish

Does this surgery get reversed at some point? I assume he'd slip right back into old habits if that were the case

He'll stretch out his new gastric pouch by shoving it full of food and feeling sick the entire time
But given time, it'll be forced to grow back to something close to its former size.

I can see this happening multiple times

>Does Gastric Bypass surgery actually reduce people's hunger?

Yes, if it removes the stomach portion which does the ghrelin signalling (hunger hormone).
I quickly found this blog that explains it in more detail, but you can find better sources if so inclined:

"While several bariatric procedures are limited to restrict the amount of food a person can eat at certain moment, the gastric sleeve surgery (like other procedures eg: gastric bypass) reduces the amount of ghrelin, which is produced in the stomach portion that is removed from the body and includes almost the entire gastric fundus, place where the main production of ghrelin takes place; it is calculated that the gastric fundus contains 10 to 20 times more ghrelin per gram of tissue of the organ than what is found in the duodenum the next major ghrelin source in the body."
blog.obesityfree.com/what-happens-to-the-hunger-hormone-ghrelin-after-gastric-sleeve-surgery

Obese people like booger don't eat because of ghrelin signalling.
Their body tells them they're full plenty before they stop eating.

They eat because it's the easiest way to feel basic pleasure and they've become conditioned to feel like it's the only way

>It does technically
No, it does not. Hunger is hormonal, shrinking the stomach does nothing to leptin resistance. He will always feel hungry.

And triggers that hormone release, retard?
It's not arbitrary and random.
It's a direct response to pressure on the stomach

Personally, I'm not really satisfied by a meal unless I'm a bite away from throwing up. A couple of hours later and I'm hungry again.
If the food is nice enough, then the feeling of sickness is outweighed by the tastiness of the food.
Yesterday I ate a ten piece family feast from KFC, which has 10 pieces of chicken, four bags of child and four corn on the cobs. Along with a 2 litre of Pepsi.
I was hungry after a couple of hours.

Skellies will never know the struggle and people like Boogie will have to endure a life of restraint.

>Personally, I'm not really satisfied by a meal unless I'm a bite away from throwing up.
how the fuck do you call that satisfying. Do you find the feeling of near-sickness enjoyable?

kek

I don't find near sickness enjoyable, I just enjoy eating food. So if there's good food left that I haven't eaten or I'm not completely full, I won't feel satisfied.
To my knowledge, the Romans did something similar but instead they ate till they actually threw up, which I don't think I would find enjoyable.
I think it could be genetic, like "caveman must eat all available food to store energy" if you know what I mean, but I don't use that as an excuse to binge everyday.

you have an eating disorder dude

>I ate a bunch of crap that is widely known not to be satisfying in the long run and got hungry again very soon, how unexpected!!

This is actually true. I used to be overweight, I didn't eat because of hunger, but because of emotional problems.

Not genetic you fat fuck

>my biggest ever breakfast at a buffet would be 1800 calories
He seems to have forgotten to count second breakfast. Not a chance in hell that fat fuck only ate 1800 at the most in one meal.

Maybe. It doesn't seem to affect me negatively because I have the self control to avoid binging on a regular basis.
Nothing is satisfying for me in the long run.
And how do you know? And I'm not fat, retard.
I do have self-control. It's when you have a mix of, what I can assume to be, a genetic inclination to eat a lot and a lack of self control that leads to obesity.

From everything you said it sounds far more psychological

>It doesn't seem to affect me negatively
>Nothing is satisfying for me in the long run.
>And how do you know? And I'm not fat, retard.

fucking prove it

What gave that away?

> I'm not fat
What are your stats and what exercise do you do?

>nothing [that I ever ate] satisfys me in the long run

Eat better food. But yea, being hungry again after 3-4 hours is normal and that way for everyone.

that's a good fucking way to start the day, god damn

I'm 6'. When I was 170lbs I could easily eat a 14" Pizza. I'd expect that's in the region of 3k. This is why he's fat. He thinks there are "only" 2k calories in his biggest meals.

Fucking no chance is right. What must his daily maintenance be to stay @ 500lbs? Gotta be 6000 + calories. And his *splurge* is 1800, fuck outta here

Prove what? All three points?
>I don't binge regularity at all. At most, once every three months. At least, once every half a year.
>I've eaten a dinner of pasta, prawns and peppers five minutes ago. I am now very hungry but I'm ignoring it.
>Guess I can't prove that unless you come and meet me in person.
I'm 200lbs, 6 ft 1, 15-20% BF range probably. Veins visible. I go to to the gym 5-6 times a week and do a mixture of cardio and weight training.
I'm hungry ten minutes after I've just eaten a relatively large meal.

I don't believe you are in the 15-20% range.

post a picture of your fatass

Are you trolling? Just because I always feel hungry doesn't mean that I eat all the time.
Loving to eat =/= obesity.

>are you trolling?
are you? You can easily prove us wrong with a timestamped picture. You don't even need to plug your fucking shit-tier phone into your computer, upload it directly via mobile.

>I'm hungry 10 minutes
No you are not - your shitty eating habits simply made you forget what actual hunger is.
This is mostly why fat peolple overeat so much - they don't feel satisfaction anymore since they lose the feeling of hunger and replace it with not-being-full.

How do you know I'm using a mobile. Because I'm not.
I feel no different now than if I hadn't eaten for a day. It's hunger.

Sheesh, why are people so mad? Is it because they're smelliest that have trouble bulking? What's the problem if I'm not eating badly in a regular basis? There isn't one.

we need to stop giving boogie attention and just silently watch him eat himself to death as his gastric bypass ruptures.

yes but fat people literally have broken hormonal systems. Their hunger doesn't peak and trough like a normal person's; they constantly remain at a "could eat" level.

If you really are hungry 10 minutes after eating, talk to a doctor. That's not normal. It does take 15 minutes to feel the full effect of food, however.

That rich Romans customarily ate till they throw up is a myth, vomitorium actually refers to the exits of a large building not a room to vomit in

>Sheesh, why are people so mad? Is it because they're smelliest that have trouble bulking?
I AM NOT SMELLY
TAKE THAT BACK