There is no reason to do squats/deadlifts if you aren't a powerlifter

There is no reason to do squats/deadlifts if you aren't a powerlifter.

>legs aren't very important to an aesthetic physique
>both of them destroy your back
>deadlifts are bad for hypertrophy
>can replace them with easier and less dangerous to do exercises

Other urls found in this thread:

bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/07/12/bjsports-2017-097792
youtube.com/watch?v=mAtTzXoX-Ag
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you don't do deadlifts or a derivative of them you are a big fool

Literally everything you said is wrong.
Please stop spreading disinfo and doubt.

ayo but stairs and slopes are a joke now you know what im sayin

>t. chicken-legged weak fella

Front squats + Rdls is all you need

>There is no reason to do squats/deadlifts if you aren't a powerlifter.
Both increase core strength, specifically the strength of your posterior chain, which aids in every day situations that require lifting/picking up loads. The definition of practical.

>legs aren't very important to an aesthetic physique
Yes they are, aesthetics requires well rounded proportion.
Someone who just has a big chest, traps and lats looks ridiculous.

>both of them destroy your back
Not if you practice proper form and with weight that you can actually lift with that form.

>deadlifts are bad for hypertrophy
Literally wrong, they are very good for building muscle mass, and require less volume to do so.

>can replace them with easier and less dangerous to do exercises
Exercises which are less efficient and require more of them just to engage as many muscle groups as squats and DLs do. All exercises are dangerous with improper form and too large a weight.

No single lift is necessary providing you're actually putting in some effort.

That being said your points are wrong and you're a fucking retard who just wants to avoid doing something hard, or going for some low effort bait, either way.

What I also don't believe; is that someone dislikes diddys.
They are probably one of the simplest lifts to do form-wise and are a massive confidence boost when you lift really heavy.

Squats I understand how someone can dislike, since there is debate over the minute details of different technique, people wreck their knees due to retarded form etc, but I just don't get how someone can rag on diddys, they're fun.

Squats and deadlifts helped my back pain. without it i would be fucked.

Legs are important. Most females i know laugh at people with no legs and a big upper body.

Squats and deadlifts increase your test faggot

i do heavy dls 3-6 reps because i enjoy them

dont do heavy squats tho

>>legs aren't very important to an aesthetic physique
yes they are but they don't need to be huge, but they definitely need to be toned
>>both of them destroy your back
only if you're a dyel retarded that can't do a simple exercise
>>deadlifts are bad for hypertrophy
not really, my traps and mid back got really bigger after i started deadlifting
>>can replace them with easier and less dangerous to do exercises
can be replaced but instead of doing deadlifts you can do maybe four different exercises, so you waste time because you're a pussy and can't do shit with good form

>>Not if you practice proper form and with weight that you can actually lift with that form.
bullshit. Every single powerlifter busts his knees and/or back badly enough that he needs surgery at least once in their careers

Clarence0 destroyed both his knees at 22

Is it true that squats make you shorter?

maybe they just have short arms and deadlifts are hell for them, to me it's the most natural thing in the world but I have ape arms

you don't know any females

a temporary and very small increase that is completely irrelevant to building muscle

squats and deadlifts are good because they are big compound exercises that work a lot of muscle mass and lend themselves well to progressive overload not because muh test boost

Johnny candito, a dude with textbook perfect form, slipped his discs at 23

If you lift heavy : you're going to snap your shit

You can replace squats with leg press

No they dont, and increased test levels within normal range doesnt do shit for your strength or muscles
bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/07/12/bjsports-2017-097792

he broke his foot and squatted too early in his recovery

if you're not competing chance for injury is very low

Muscle growth is systemic. U need to work the biggest muscles for the small ones to grow.
+big test :)

>muscle growth is systemic
>you need to work the biggest muscles for the small ones to grow

looking around any gym in the world and seeing all the curlbros with giant arms and no legs to speak of immediately proves you wrong

>>legs aren't very important to an aesthetic physique
Maybe not massive tree trunks but no, wrong

>>both of them destroy your back
Not really at all

>>deadlifts are bad for hypertrophy
Lol

>>can replace them with easier and less dangerous to do exercises
Good luck ever looking big without pulling big weight in some fashion

sports are a thing OP, just a reminder

>Every single powerlifter busts his knees and/or back badly enough that he needs surgery

Well that's totally untrue.

>Clarence0 destroyed both his knees at 22
Clarence is a weightlifter, not a powerlifter, and guess what nigga he's back.

Also, most adults have at least one herniated disc and most disc issues solve themselves over time anyway, and that's especially true if you attempt the tiniest bit of prehab/rehab

Powerlifters do whatever they can, including cheat on form, to lift as much weight as possible. That's not your conventional, casual lifter.

Squats and deadlifts can fix your back and relieve back pain. They don't destroy your back when you lift a weight appropriate for your strength and goals. I have lower lumbar scoliosis and work on a computer for my job and my back never felt better than when I started SS.

Neck yourself, /pol/fag. Those are two completely different exercises and they're not interchangeable.

What would be derivative of deadlights?

sumo, trap bar, rack pulls (could be considered a DL deriative), RDL, SLDL, deficit deadlifts, deadlifts from boxes

>Every single powerlifter busts his knees
If you go beyond just below parallel or ATG
>or back
That's if you're a powerlifter lifting REALLY heavy.
Most people won't be squatting beyond 4 plate.

He lifted a weight too heavy for him.

Leg press is worse for hypertrophy and actually MORE dangerous.
You've seen those legsnap webms.
Would you rather get your legs dislocated and totally fucked up or a minute chance of minor back problems?

Other forms that aren't the conventional exercise
e.g. romanian, stiff legged, sumo etc

In a way pendlays work some of the muscles of the lower back but obv a lot more arms and just have hammys in tension

not everyone is doing a bodybuilding routine

leg press is definitely not more dangerous than squats lad, don't delude yourself in this fashion

the same point you made with lifting a weight too heavy for you applies to the leg press as well - all those people who suffer heinous leg snap injuries are 1/8th ROMing a weight that is far far beyond what they should be using

many more people leg press than barbell squat in any normalfag gym in the country, and yet I don't know anyone who fucked themselves up IRL with a leg press yet know multiple people who have suffered at least minor squatting related injuries

the only credible argument for leg press being injurious is that some poorly built machines will almost force you into lumbar flexion at the very bottom of the range of motion, but this can be avoided by not going that low (stop before flexion) or doing single leg press

More like no need to squat every fucking workout if you're not a girl looking for a big ass
I'd still do deadlifts but im not gonna fucking squat every workout

pls stop posting on Veeky Forums

That's a study on elite athletes where they already do a fuckton. Your article states that the women with higher test do better at events.

You should really read the study before you post.

>dominican
Yeah faggot please keep doing leg presses i'd love it if you snapped your legs
youtube.com/watch?v=mAtTzXoX-Ag

The most aesthetic bodybuilder in the world avoided squats and deadlifts because he thought it would ruin his physique

checkmate SS faggots

>the only people who deadlift are SS fags who worship rippetoe

There's a fucking reason deadlifts are such a common and favored lift:

They're fucking great.

Yeah they are fucking great for fucking up your back

>roider gets away with roider bullshit

really makes me think

t. too much of a child that he can't use proper form

Well he's the yin to the SS yang
He's just chest and arms, SS is legs and butt

>low bar
>good form

Pick one.

>There is no reason to do squats/deadlifts if you aren't a powerlifter.
If you don't want to get big and strong, feel free to skip them.

Men pick up heavy things. Men bear heavy burdens on their backs.

You can do pic related instead of squat

>no core
>no stabilizers

it's for women and old people

This post increased my test

It works good

daily reminder that Chad does whatever the fuck his footy coach tells him to, and that's a fuckload of squats

>It works good
for women and old people

There no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift
>t. Scooby1961

this honestly. Some of the best physiques are found in SOME (american) football players, even though they don't aim for aesthetics.

Kinobody does neither and looks proportionate, and I doubt he wishes he was stronger in every day life.

Saying you lift for functional strength is literal autism unlese you get paid money to do sports.

I like doing squats and deadlifts because it is fun to move large amounts of weight.

Guess I'm autistic.

not OP, but being able to lift for functional strength means being able to stay active for a longer period of time since as you get older, you lose muscle mass. You will end up a hunchbacked oompaloompa relatively early if you never developed the strength base to begin with. It serves to reason that the stronger you are, the longer you'll stay active. Look at james harrison still playing LB for the steelers at like 39 or 40 years old. (don't quote me on his age because I didn't look it up)

>Saying you lift for functional strength is literal autism
This is a great exhibit in how a dweeb rationalizes not putting in any effort in the weight room

That's funny because I stopped doing diddlies and squats cause they killed my energy and occasionally my back as I got closer to 30. Now I'm 31 and feeling better than ever.

Not doing useless (for health or looks) exercises doesn't mean I don't put effort, stop being retarded and argue an actual point.

kek so many t-rex armed ss idiots in this thread, keep doing your autistic squats and ddls thinking you are better because you "lift for yourselves"
while I'm gonna pump my guns traps and neck, and get all the bitches attention

Can't wait until you slip a disc trying to lift a bag of mulch and your wife leaves you for being a crippled bitch.

lmao get the fuck outta here -- there is nothing that builds a healthy, strong and stable body like deadlifts and there is nothing that builds a thick strong physique like deadlifts

You are a brosplit bitch wannabe that is wasting his time

I'm 30 and still doing them, just variability. I stick to lmao5plates, and to the contrary, my back issues actually we're ameliorated when I got back into diddling and squatting. It might just be a difference in anatomy. My point is though, that having a solid strength foundation is important for longevity, and nothing builds overall strength like the deadlift. the stronger you are at your peak, the more strength you're likely to retain as you decline since strength loss is proportionate, you will be ahead of the curve at any given time. This is of course assuming you stay injury free and take care of yourself.

>pump my guns traps and neck
>doesn't do deadlift
Good luck with that. Maybe after a few years of 100lb dumbell shrugs you'll look like you've been lifting for a few weeks

Last time I deadlifted I did 185 kgs for 4 while not training the lift, I doubt there is an everyday task that will cause me injury.

A proper routine does all that without the retarded risks.

jelaous autist detected
keep destroying your back and knees because some fat redneck told you that lifting 600lbs off the floor is healthy

and btw I do my shrugs with a barbell, pretty heavy, and my traps are groing fine, I build the physique I want, not the physiqe that some autists talked me into

but the history will repeat itself soon and even the most strict autists will start doing bro split again, mark my words

not him but they are both hard on your back

you literally squish your spine when doing heavy squats and compress the cartilage between discs

how is that aesthetic? his lats are way too big, shits out of proportion , tiny undeveloped traps,

It's OK if you don't want to do the core lifts because you are a weak faggot, just don't do them. but there is no need to try and convince yourself they are not important.

>b-b-but muh functional strength
99% of pro body builders don't do that retarded shit, they all pump their guns using machines, and legpresses, but there is this stupid trend since couple of years and idiots destroy their health because a fat redneck told them to
better start saving money for your knee and disc replacement surgery faggots
if squats and ddl were so good or even slightly better than machines every pro BB would be doing them to get advantage over his competitors

>too big a sissy to lift heavy
>b-b-but muh knees and muh back

Pro Bodybuilders run enough gear to grow while sitting on their ass. Their training methodology is moot.

>caring or following what chemistry experiment bodybuilders do
lmaoing at ur life bruh

I'm just not retarded like all of you t-rex armed idiots with big legs and asses, you look like fucking triangles hahah

but like I said, if squats and ddls were better than machines, they would be using them to gain even the slightest advantage, but they don't because you can build any muscles without those retarded lifts
>muh stabiliation
I have a home gym, but if I had the access to machines I would never touch free weights, wasting energy for stabilizing the lift that could be used to destroy the muscle more on a machine by adding more weight
it's all about looks faggots, not about who lifts more or who looks more autistic in the gym trying to
>lift for muhself

There are more sports than powerlifting the world you fucking retarded nigger.

Being weak is nothing to be proud of.

My home gym is nothing but free weights, and that's all you need.

Any respectable sport that requires strength trains essentially like a powerlifter, you retarded nigger.

t. american football

>or a derivative of them

this is the big one. You absolutely do not have to do conventional deadlifts but you do need to do SOME sort of hip hinge like RDL

Why do you assume that training for aesthetics is the sole and only reason to lift weights?

>trains like a powerlifter

football players at all levels are way more worried about their hang clean/power clean than their deadlift

>doesn't understand that building a strong deadlift is part of building a powerful clean

>cares so much about what other people think he is willing to work hard to get their approval

its fine that you want to please others, thats your preference. But to tell other people how they should be living according to you is retarded. Do you also believe everyone should have the same hair style as you and dress the same as you?

But OP, how do I prove to the world that I'm a MANLY MAN unless I do the most dangerous, inconvenient, and uncomfortable exercises possible?

I lift to get better at picking shit up and moving it
Body builders use leg press because it allows them to get higher volume

It's pretty clear you're a run of the mill gymrat, where do you get the confidence to talk like anything you have to say is worth listening to?

>dangerous, inconvenient, and uncomfortable exercises
Picking up a heavy thing using a hip hinge is basic shit.

by doing the easiest thing possible. which is nothing.

>I would never touch free weights, wasting energy for stabilizing the lift that could be used to destroy the muscle more

You tipped your troll-hand here

>unlese

Sure but they all squat and bench. It's not a massive difference in training style.

>bodybuilders would be doing something that increases strength over something that increases muscle mass to get a advantage over their bodybuilding competitors

are you literally retarded?

what is the reason then other than doing some kind of sport at a high level?

it's all about looks, if the muscle didn't get bigger from working out nobody would be going to the gym,
inb4 muh health purposes
yea because everyone who didn't touch weights in his life dies at 50yo, yea right

kek, the butthurt is real, take care t-rexes, gotta pump my guns and neck now, somthing you faggots will never have and will always look DYEL in clothes crying that noone appreciates your quads, glutes or whatever

>most dangerous, inconvenient, and uncomfortable exercises

Many lifters for many years have done them safely.

They require a bar, a floor, and a rack.

If picking something up is uncomfortable go to a physical therapist, if having a bar on your back is uncomfortable try doing it more than once.

>concentrating 500 pounds into a cross-section of only a few inches placed across one of the most vulnerable parts of the human anatomy (i.e. your spine)
>lowerng your ass all the way to the floor many times while carrying this dangerous amount of mass in the most precarious way possible
>"safe"
edgy, insecure, typically dumb teenager detected

that's more the current generation of coaches, they all jerkoff to cleans for some reason

lifting heavy is great for strenghtening all your connective tissue and all but the explosiveness of a football player has more to do with drilling using your body as a weapon for 2-3 hours a day for 4 months

*small fool

Saying you lift for looks is literal autism unless you get paid money to do competitions. Literally, there is no point in getting better at anything other than making money.

>not taking advantage of modern technology and modern exercise science
LUDDITE

Post physique

the only thing you pump is a dildo in your ass faggot

so you admit that there are better soultions to get big than those retarded lifts? kek that's all we needed to know, who gives a fuck about strength, it's all abut size especially for natties who just can't get too big

or maybe in jor job you have to lift 500lbs for hours huh? enjoy your fucked up spine