What do you consider self-discipline?

What do you consider self-discipline?

I was talking to an old gym buddy today, and he brought up an interesting point. He said that most people think being able to do something really hard is self-discipline. He told me he thought that was bullshit, he thought self-discipline came from the ability to do something moderate or hard repeatedly without end is what real discipline is.

Would you agree Veeky Forums? What is your opinion.

hello orungutano

hello orungutano

Hes right. There are tons of guys who go to the gym 6 days a week when they start lifting. Thats easy when youre motivated. Everyone can do that. What really counts is going to the gym when the dip(s) come(s) and you DONT have any motivation at all.
This is the point where most people quit. And then they start again when they are motivated. But they never accomplish anything because they are not steady.

Hello orungutano

hello orungutano

hello orungutano

hello orungutano

Hello orangutano

I agree with him as doing something hard once or just a couple of timrs can easily be externally motivated like getting a reward afterwards or just feeling good about a quick accomplishment. Discipline is the driving force when you run out of motivation but still keep doing something

Hello orungutano

hello orungutano

I'm already fat so go die orungutano

This is it, more or less... When you're feeling great it's pretty easy to do stuff in general, not just the gym. Inevitably there will be times when you don't feel so good but you have to do something anyway to get the long term payoff - the ability to do this is basically what self-discipline is in my opinion.

hello orungutano

hello orungutano

hello orungutano

hello orungutano

Hello orugutango

>What do you consider self-discipline?

Not posting Greetings Orange Simian ITT.

hello orungutano

hello orungutano

hello orungutano

hello orungutano

I think Self-Discipline isn't always doing the hard things but is just doing the things you know your supposed to do even if you dont want to.
For example brushing your teeth twice a day isn't hard but you need to have discipline to do it even when you don't really want to.

hello orunguntano

hello orungutano

Hello orungutano

Self-discipline is when you manage to complete something even if you don't feel like it. I basically stopped enjoying strenght lifting since about six months but I still go there 4-5 times a week because I want to get stronger even if I despise working out on some days.

Also: hello orungutano

>this image.

There is another great quote about motivation being a one night stand who will fuck you and leave you while discipline is the one you marry.

>hello orunguatno

Hello oorungutano

hello orungutano

Self-discipline is replying to this post even if your mother is going to die in her sleep tonight.

Hello orungutano

hello orungutano

hello orungutano

hello orungutano

Hello orungotano

hello orungutano

hello orangutano

>What do you consider self-discipline?
Discipline is making a habit out of doing things that you don't always enjoy on a reliable basis.

Like cleaning your room. Waking up on time. Not skipping workouts or commitments.

hello orungutano

that sounds correct OP. Also keeping your standards high or improving them.

when i was a teen I could manage coming to work and being consistent for the first 6 months.after that i got too comfortable at work just bullshitting with other workers and not as scared to work hard all the time.

so i agree with op but would put in that you have to keep your standards of how good and careful you are the same or improved

hello orungutano

hello orangutano

Hello Orangutanu!

>hello orungutano
hello orungutano

Hello orungutano

hello orungutano

hello orungutano
he's right

Hello orungutano

hello orungutano

hello orangutano