Veeky Forums in college

I'm pretty new here, and if this is the wrong place to post this I'll delete it. I'm going to college soon and worried about having enough time for a job (workstudy), activities, schoolwork, and exercising. Have people here in rigorous engineering programs been able to stay on top of the coursework and keep active??

Don't bullshit yourself
Everyone has an hour and a half to spare.
Might as well be in the gym.

Get up earlier

If you need more than 5 hours of sleep you are a lazy faggot.

Stop worrying faggot. Use this opportunity to hone your time management skills at it's crucial to learn that skill regardless of what you're doing in college, especially if you're doing engineering. If there's a will, there's a way.

t. Senior majoring in Construction Management

"not enough time" is a meme you should never fall for.
Busier people than you and I maintain their fitness.

If you have time for the chans/other recreational internet activities like youtube etc you have time to hit the gym

hahaha college is the most time you're ever going to have to work out.

Even as an engineering major, there'll always be time for your priorities if you make time.

Are you an engineering major? Honestly I'm a little nervous going in

But muh beauty rest....

It is your first fucking year.

Half your classes won't be major related, and are horseshit you just need to kinda pay attention in.

If you have time to post on Veeky Forums you have time go to the gym.

Im studying Electrical Engineering, and i have plenty of time.

Your first year in college is ez mode.

The majority of the courses you take will be core requirements set by your college and on the easy side. Don't slack off and you should be able to easily keep a high GPA. You'll have plenty of time for the gym.

cut out activities and stop wasting time. Or you can get up at 5 AM and hit the gym before class ( no bitching).

Engineering is ez pz if you don't make up excuses and actually put real effort into your studies. Same goes for fitness.

t. junior ChemE

Boy you need at least 7 hours

Currently going into 3rd year EE here. 1st year will be easy but I do recommend honing your time management skills. I still have plenty of time to cook And do homework/study while still going to the gym 5-6 days a week. Just make sure you are good with time and you'll have no problems. Good luck user.

yes, i had a 15-20hr a wk job, rugby practice, social events and class. still managed to get a solid 1.5hr lift in every weekday.

you just can't waste your time doing dumb shit during the week. i will be doing the same thing this year

Don't worry OP, you'll find time. especially when you make friends with people in class that lift, your schedules will be similar and you'll be driving each other to keep going.

might as give you some advice

don't take 3 to 4 concentration classes on the same semester because deadlines are a bitch especially if they have labs with them. You won't have an easier time because all of them are related and honestly it's not worth the hassle. You're degree requires the the same amount of credits and courses whichever way you select them so plan out your schedules around which available core courses are offered each semester.
If you're core classes are given to you then it's much easier to get around this but in the event they're not always make schedules around specific classes. I don't know if course availability is an issue where you're going but it's always better to plan ahead. Finally there's always time for personal stuff like the gym and hanging out unless you're an architecture student but since you're not you'll do fine. Good luck

Lol what the fuck are you talking about. Working out takes like an hour a day, and you'll be surprised to find that you have more free time in college than in high school

If you're a guy sleeping less ~7 hours a night and going to the gym then you're just wasting your time.