What food/product has literally the highest protein/dollar ratio on earth?

What food/product has literally the highest protein/dollar ratio on earth?

I challenge you to find one higher than this

Muscle milk protein powder on sale at costco
77 servings
x
27g/protein per serving
=
2079 grams of protein / $29.99 = 69.32g of protein per dollar

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerreports.org/media-room/press-releases/2010/06/investigation-tests-reveal-contaminants-in-many-protein-drinks/
labdoor.com/rankings/protein
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm going to hijack this thread to ask a question:

Is eating a portion of refried beans enough to get enough fiber for the day?

>Bread
>High in protein

The fuck?

Man don't put that shit in your body, get some Metamucil instead and drink it before bed every night
Gotta think about protein quality

haha seriously i want to know the answer to this too

i like refried beans and buying vegetables is annoying and making them is annoying they just go bad i could eat a can of fat free refried beans every day no problem

Grasshoppers are free

>Muscle milk protein powder on sale at costco

Artificial ingredient list a mile long

Made in cheap Chinese factories so the actual nutrition facts will vary

Made in cheap factories in china so heavy metals such as lead and arsenic find their way into the mix

The milk the whey is made from is sourced from God knows where, probably radioactive cows in China

Your funeral.

protein powder probably wins.

PB Fit peanut butter powder
30oz = 425g protein / 9.98 = 42.5g/$

Rotisserie chickens are also in the 40 range.

>25 kgs of gluten: 115€
>80% protein: 20 kgs of protons
>20.000/115~=174 grams of protein per €

myprotein can be stupidly cheap some times, even when not on sale still very cheap.
powders will probably be your best bet unless you can find some greek yogurt for the low low

It's whey protein isolate made in California, you fucking aspie spaz

Jesus this place is cancer. Nothing but virgin rage that will make you jaded and paranoid af.

I'm stumped

The company is headquartered in California. The milk is sourced from wherever is cheapest. Then it is processed in China. Then packaged in California and sent to you.

>A June 2010 investigation by Consumer Reports, a US consumer advocacy magazine, found that two of Cytosport's Muscle Milk products contained levels of heavy metals near or exceeding levels proposed by the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). Muscle Milk's Chocolate powder had four heavy metals, and three of these metals were found to be at the highest levels of all the health drinks tested. Average cadmium levels of 5.6 µg in three daily servings exceeded the USP limit of 5 µg per day, and the average lead level of 13.5 µg also topped the USP limit of 10 µg per day. The average arsenic level of 12.2 µg was near the USP limit of 15 µg per day. Muscle Milk's Vanilla Crème powder had 12.2 µg of lead in three daily servings, exceeding the lead limits, and 11.2 µg of arsenic.

Nice job retard.

25g/serving at 60 servings for $31 is pretty good
48g protein per dollar

not sure where you got hummus as dense in protein. I treat protein density as the caloric density of a food's protein content, or the share of total calorie intake attributed to that type of macronutrient. I use this approach because maintaining a diet primarily involves keeping calorie intake below a certain TDEE, and secondarily involves maintaining a certain ratio of protein intake per bodyweight.

Hummus has 1.2g protein for 25 cals (4.8g at 100 cal), whereas skim milk has 10g protein at 100 cal.

Here's an example for perspective:
A 200lb male of normal bf (17-21%) has a maintenance tdee of 2700 cal if he works out for 2 hours 4 days a week. Assuming a 15% cut, he has a cutting tdee of 2300cal. At 0.8-1.0g protein/lb bodyweight, he wants 160-200 g protein. In otherwords, he wants an average of 7-9g protein per 100 calories.

This example clearly demonstrates how categorizing a food as protein rich when it is significantly below 7-9g protein/100 cal is highly misleading.

Hummus, which is 31%-48% less protein dense than that (depending on your preferred ratio of protein intake per bodyweight), clearly does not belong in the same category as lean meat, *some* legumes (green gram, toor dahl), and egg whites.

I would contend that most of the items on that list are actually dense in fat. Most red meat, most cheese (NF/LF cottage cheese is an exception), whole eggs, nuts/seeds, and legumes are dense in fat, not protein. Bread is dense in carbohydrates, not protein. Due to their protein content, these foods are all good sources to get your fats and carbs respectively, but they are obviously not efficient ways to get your protein macros.

>citing 7 year old sources
>posting anime pics in consecutive posts
>pic related

Gas yourself

user not that I disagree with your detective work but you gotta link your sauce when your copy/pasting reports

Fine work tho if you can post a sauce now :)

why would you ever unironically use that image

>Complaining about anime on Veeky Forums of all places

The company has been proven to let poison go into their product so that it's cheaper to manufacture. They will continue to do so in the future because idiots like you will drink it anyway.

I made you look stupid by proving it's made in China.
I made you look stupid by proving that the powder contains heavy metals.

All you can do is ridicule the image I used instead of my argument. I'm just glad that you'll continue to drink your poison and die sooner.

>Bread
>High in protein

consumerreports.org/media-room/press-releases/2010/06/investigation-tests-reveal-contaminants-in-many-protein-drinks/

>tfw you keep posting about the same wikipedia article while ignoring the fact that it is 7 years old and no other studies have been published since
>having this much virgin neckbeard rage

Lentils and beans. I calculated it before, a bag of lentils is $1 and it's over 100g of protein.

Seitan, it's over 60 g of protein for like 24 cents.
Only bad part about it is that you don't have one of the 9 essential acids (I think it was leucine), which can easily be remedied by eating any pretty much any animal protein.

The 11 lb. bag of impact whey I just bought is 63.33g/$.

>Wikipedia article
What?

Many other studies have been published since, but I won't bother because I'm glad that you're killing yourself this way. You have to post edgy /pol/ shit to deflect from your lack of intellect or argument. Enjoy being a DYEL who fantasizes about Hitler.

I'm leaving the thread now, rhanks for the (You)s.

OP, Here's a website that ranks protein powders, you can even look at the heavy metal content.

labdoor.com/rankings/protein

Here's a website that ranks protein powders, you can even look at the heavy metal content.

Protein bread not joking

frozen stir fry vegetable medly, just cook them on stove for 5 minutes wehnever you want to eat

Found the document I had, 1701 calories per pound and 3 bucks per pound.
That's 3 dollars for 340 g protein and 57 g carbs, 1 dollar for 113 g protein.
Lysine is fuck easy to get so just add cheap as shit lentils with it or meat.

I eat a cup of greek yogurt mixed with peanut butter before every work out

It's lysine, and yeah you don't need much of it, a serving of meat would cover it.
The european math is a few posts above (seitan is gluten+water+flavoring)

Vary unpopular product but protein bread

Didn't notice your post.
I'm lactose intolerant so whey powder isn't an option, seitan is cheap as shit and goes well with soups so I mix it with lentils and other cheap protein sources.
Still can't cook it well at all though, only way it's actually been good is steaming and then frying like chicken nuggets.
I usually just season it with spices and boil it in broth for a while.

protein powder is.

As far as actual food goes:
canned salmon & tuna

Better for bulking:
beans & nuts

not sure about the price but cottage cheese is at 25 cals, 4 protein 1 fat .3 carbs per 30g, when i buy it i eat a whole 350g container and end up at 280 cals, 42 protein 10 fat and 3 carbs for only like $1,50 or less if you find it on sale, I think that's pretty good imo.

Also it's delicious as fuck

>protein bread
OP said nothing about special protein bread, it said bread.