Why is gaining weight so much harder than losing weight?

Why is gaining weight so much harder than losing weight?

just drink olive oil straight to gain weight

Because losing weight requires not doing something.

That said, gaining weight is easy if you like food. I've never met anyone who didn't like food.

but it tastes like shit by itself

Except it isn't.
Gaining wait is easy, gaining muscle on the other hand...

mix into your shakes then you can barely taste it

>Hard gainers exist but Hard losers don't
Its either both or neither, just meet your protien goal and eat 500 surplus, its literally that easy.

buy better olive oil

500 calories is basically an entire extra meal every day.

Or just make your meals bigger, dumbass

Case in point; why I am currently eating 9 eggs right now

That's still not easy. It means having to constantly eat past the point you're full. That's incredibly difficult to keep doing consistently.

Or you could try eating more calorie dense foods

Literally the same thing. The more dense the food is, the faster you will get full. You can't trick your stomach.

Gaining weight isn't any harder than losing weight.
I'm guessing you're a skelly who hasn't successfully bulked. You may have tried but you didn't count calories properly if at all so you didn't actually gain any weight.

Go on a dirty bulk and just eat a fuck load of food.
If you're not on the verge of vomiting, eat some more.
Once you actually start gaining weight, going back to eating less, even just 500 calories, is a lot tougher than it really is.

*500 calories less

You just have to eat faster than your stomach can register the food. Swallow a dozen hard boiled eggs whole one after another.

What?

A big slice of cheesecake is 500 cals easy and you won't feel full.

You CAN trick the stomach, that's why there is an obesity epidemic in the first place.

I thought only fatties were stupid enough to not realize that there is a difference in eating 2000kcal of chocolate and 2000kcal of cabbage.

Gaining actual muscle is very hard.

Losing actual fat is easier but getting to single digit BF with muscle is also very hard.

Food that is more calorie dense will not make you feel fuller faster.

A 200 calorie candy bar is much easier to eat than 200 calories of spinach which is almost 900 grams.
Nice try skellyboy

Actually loosing weight is taking something away, it's taking away sweets and soda and excess calories.

But everyone thinks they have it harder so who cares

>skelly logic

Eating a 500 calorie slice of cheesecake would make me immediately feel sick.

Depends how quickly. 2 poptarts is 400 calories for reference

You just need to man up then.

Then fucking go trap mode then, faggot.
Stop complaining about your inability to properly feed yourself.

Please an hero

It's not my fault I was born with this shitty metabolism.

people who can't gain weight are retarded, just fucking eat, it's like the easiest thing in the world. do you breath? do you know how to walk? talk?, eating more it's at the same level of that shit, yet they still can't eat more.

None of those things involve stuffing large quantities of physical matter into your body.

it literally isn't? just fucking eat oats+peanut butter+milk in your protein shake and that's easily 1200 cals, a treat for me if I know I won't be eating anything for the remainder of the day

holy shit just walk around outside for a few minutes and you'll be hungry, eat fats and carbs together; if you're skinnyfat cut those lovehandles and eat protein and fats

I guess I just don't understand people with no appetite then. I have to force myself not to eat the whole thing.

Maybe you just need better tasting foods?

lads pls you can't compete with my god tier bulking food

lol whaaaaatt?

How do we make uranium edible?

But if that were the case nobody would be fat?

ITT: a bunch of fucking fatties that can't understand people that don't want to vacuum up everything in the vicinity

there you go OP, your solution.
1 g of uranium a day.
20.000.000.000 / 3500 = 5.714.285 pounds of weight gain in one day.

The main reason people are fat is because they have slow metabolism.

kill yourself

put some basil into it and dip some french bread in it cunt

As a person who ate himself obese as a child and can eat easy 4 plates of food back to back (Fixed my habits now, though a bit fucking late), the biggest trick to eating a lot of food is eating it quick with minimal chewing.

You can eat an entire steak slowly and enjoy it, taking 10+ minutes to eat it (exaggeration), whereas i literally can polish 500g of steam in less than 30 seconds. If you eat quickly, you will not feel full straight away and you can eat more. Don't drink during your meal, or afterwards, and you'll be able to eat more than usual.

But honestly, calorie dense food is better, i'd do that rather than trying to increase your overall consumption of food. got it right pretty much.

It's disgusting, but that's how a lot of people get fat, they eat quick and they eat high calorie meals, added together, it's easy to gain 1kg+ a week (from experience).

laughed way harder than i shouldve

this
It's all janetics

I thought calories were all fat, protein, and carbs and can be digested, like how zero calorie soda and water have no calories because they're made of things that aren't digested by the body. What is uranium made of it is 20b calories?

im guessing uranium is a mineral in some foods. Like potassium.

It isnt lol

yeah, gaining fat is super-duper easy, how can anyone say otherwise?

Calories in calories out.
Losing weight is easy as fuck.
Gaining weight is easy as fuck.

Pisses me off to no end how fucking stupid people are on this website.
Fucking just EAT MORE IF YOU WANT TO GAIN WEIGHT
IT'S SO FUCKING SIMPLE

I can easily gain 14lbs in a couple weeks. I think there's something wrong with my body though, I took about 30 shits in a week just recently. 16 in one day, gut is still up the left.

But gaining weight take the effort of eating more food.
Losing weight may not be as enjoyable, but it takes less effort to not eat extra food and just sit there feeling hungry.

That sounds like it shouldn't be happening

Thing is your brain is wired to tell you fatty foods are good by releasing dopamine.
Basically it feels good to become fat, it doesn't feel good to become more skinny.

There's pros and cons to both and it still doesn't change the fact that changing your weight is as simple as CHOSING to do either.

I didn't even eat much in the couple weeks I gained it too, as well as not eating much in the week I couldn't go a couple hours without needing a shit.

I've been a lanklet my entire life.
I can eat something with a lot of calories and 30 minutes later I'll just feel like I'm burning up. After that I'm usually hungry.

Part of me can't complain, but I don't want to be a string bean my entire life.

Losing and gaining weight is easy.

>eat more
>eat less

Wow so hard.

If you can't gain or lose weight you probably have a mental illness.

Eating less means:
>Less money spent
>Less time/energy wasted cooking and cleaning
>Less time wasted eating
>Psychological effects of "hurrr i want to eat food! oh boy!"
>You feel physically better

Eating more means:
>A fuck huge change of money spent on food
>A lot of time wasted cooking and cleaning
>More time eating, need to have regular eating schedules
>Physical effects, stomach pain, bloating, diarrhea, headache
>You feel full and like shit most of the time

I wonder which one is harder, doing something or not doing something

This is like saying "It's harder not going to the gym than going! hehe"

Depends on your metabolism, that said I completely understand you, I measure all my food, I have a scale and log everything in cronometer, I eat around ~3k calories a day @ 66kg / 177cm, I have to eat that way CONSISTENTLY, if I miss so much as one day, I immediately lose weight. Depends on the person, for me its hard, I take at least 3 dumps a day, as soon as I finish eating I have to go, sometimes it happens while I'm eating. Such is the life of a skelly.

Depends.
Not so many fat people have actual physical disorders that cause them to gain weight.

But a lot of skellies have underlying health problems.

Me for example, I have very severe IBS and that shit doesn't have a cure. You just get the shits and a lot of time can't digest food. Good fucking life. I guess it's my fault for having a mental disorder.

>"an hero" instead of "kys"

Boy You made me happy someone still knows how to speak without normie terms

It isnt

t. Done both

You're one out of a million you special snowflake cunt. You know this. You know this obviously wasn't directed at genuinely fucked people like yourself, but still you felt the need to sperg out.

I'm sure literally every spooky skellington has IBS or one of the other rare illnesses that genuinely impedes weight gain.

Just like i'm sure every fat person has physical disabilities which prohibit thermo dynamics.

You utter faggot. You'll get no sympathy from me after that post.

Calories are units of energy.

Animals use a process called cellular respiration to turn food into chemical energy to power their metabolisms.

What? You think 500 calories of potatoes chips are gonna fill you up? Are you retarded?

lel

yeh look i am having the same problem cuz really small appetite. just before i go to bed every night i drink how left over calories i need in form of olive oil. it tastes like shit but it encourages me to get the calories through food instead.

a pinch of salt and pepper and it becomes fucking divine, with bread is a literal orgasm

t. italian

Calories are units of energy, and in relation to our bodies, its how many calories our bodies can metabolize using them. For isntance, although alcohol doesn't have any of the major macromolecules, through a chain of biochemical reactions, it can be converted to Acetyl Coenzyme A which is used in the process of cellular respiration or glucose metabolism. So despite it not actually being a carb, our bodies can convert it into a precursor that can be digested. In the case of Uranium, this isn't the case and is simply just a translation of radioactivity and the fact that when it decays, it's constantly throwing out alpha particles. But for cases in digestable shit, thats often the case for why you can still see calories despite it not being one of the 3 macros.

>The more dense the food is, the faster you will get full.
this is just plain not true

>The more dense the food is, the faster you will get full

By eating it

Add some garlic too

t. Spaniard

By gorging every day and not gaining an ounce

Are you a woman? Literal skinny woman can finish a piece of cheesecake in one setting.

Post pics please

>lose weight
do nothing
>gain weight
eat extra
pretty simple to figure out the answer to this one...

Your extreme case is expected. You're part of the bell curve where there's a bunch of people like you that are expected to be at the extremes. This is still not an exception to the rule whether you want it to be or not.

You taking offense to this generalization, however, does seem to indicate something is off. You okay, senpai?