Sit down and tell us whats up, user

Sit down and tell us whats up, user.
Feely feels, good feels, concerns with your lifts, etc.

I'll start, I can't seem to shake this feeling of stagnation and ultimate meaninglessness in life even though I am losing weight and getting stronger. I still can't help but feel that I won't make anything out of life.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cElu1JcNqfg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I feel the same but I'm also afraid of dying and never becoming anything.

OP here

Yeah thats pretry much sums it up.

Alot of friends feel depressed and I can't wrap my head around it. I am starting to feel bad about how stupid I must be to live in some kind of not chosen ignorance-is-blizz bubble.

Enjoy it man. I have been on a steady incline for about 2 plus years.

this week:
>broke my only pair of tennis shoes, used them to lift in so had to miss a workout
>fucked up really bad on a project at work
>girlfriend broke up with me
>came down with a shitty cold on top of increasing allergies due to not taking my medication
>I really miss my dog

Broke, fiancee cheated, and pretty angry a lot. However, my lifts are becoming really consistent. Had sex the other day, but had a hard time keeping it up because was thinking about ex. Am going to have sex again in a few days here, but worried about limp dick.

Imagine being that giant and having to jack off, you could potentially kill hundreds of people in a single burst

>the contracted oneitis
fuck

>autocorrected tfw to the
thanks phone

I have a boner again but I don't want to jerk off again
It happens every night and I can't sleep when hard as diamonds

Went on a few dates with this girl I'm really into but I don't think she was feeling it. She seemed like she really liked me but has been blowing off/making excuses for hanging out since our last date.

Kinda sucks. She was one of the few outlets I had. Now I'm kinda just bored all the time or I'm lifting.

My gf of 7 months just moved away for school and im just devestated. Had to go to the bathroom at the gym today because I almost cried.

"What you need most will be found where you least want to look."

Do the things you know you should be doing. Stop doing the things you know you shouldn't be doing. It may seem pointless, but take these simple steps and see how much better you'll feel about yourself and your life.

I can't make any connection with other people even though i really wan to.

I go out and am within a circle of people but i cannot make a connection with another person even if we have things in common, it is not that im awkward, i cant hold conversation. But it always feel like the other party requires more from me that is missing.

I can feel it but i can't point to it..
anyone relate?

Yeah I can relate. Even to my friends I feel like they could disappear or die and I wouldn't really care much. I go weeks without talking to them and just really don't care whats going on in their lives.

It's a weird feeling to have towards people you're supposed to care about. I've never really felt connected to anyone. I'm not autistic/awkward either, I'm pretty normal I think. I just find it hard to care a lot.

People sometimes say they are depressed when they feel sad to get attention. They thrive off the sympathy even though their problems aren't serious enough to cause depression

Why does this give me such anxiety? I am only 20 but mortality has been on my mind since 12 and of course has only gotten worse with time. Does anyone else feel this way and if so how are we supposed to deal with it...

At the beach right now. It's nice, and a pale ass mofo like me could use a tan.

Not really able to work out or eat good for 8 days though, so I'm (irrarionally) worried about losing gains/ getting fat.

In other news, my band broke up and I met a cool girl. We both have the same sense of humor, and music taste.

Finding a girl interested in my music is rare, so this is pretty big to me. Problem is, she's not really interested in working out. As a result, she's really out of shape.

This puts me between a rock and a hard place, because I do want a lady who cares about me and my music, but lifting is an equally big part of my life, and I don't want a fat gainsgoblin to fuck it up.

im a shallow piece of shit, help me

I understand what you are saying and I mostly agree. However i think casring judgement that someones problems arent serious enough is pretty subjective. Again i mostly agree like if someone is like,"I have bad grades and failed that test so now I am depressed" that seems like attention grabbing but overall its hard to judge someone elses woes.

Life in general in the ever expanding scale of the universe doesn't matter much, user. The best way to look at it though is that for this one blip in the timeline of the universe you exist right now, and whether you know it or not you influence the world around you. You know the whole butterfly flaps its wings in Beijing and it changes the weather somewhere in America yada yada thing. It's got truth to it. You right now are influencing things in your surrounding physical world all the time, and you can if you try be a king of the existence around you.

You may be forgotten, and you may not achieve everything you wanted. But if you stay true to yourself and aspire to better things you will not be displeased with the mark you left on the small fragment of time you've been here.

Try it out but make it clear that you jave pride in your physical well being

Thanks, I'll go to the gym now.

Well yeah, it's true that you can't really cast judgment over someone's problems that easily and plenty of "happy" people are actually secretly depressed and put up a front, but the vast amount of times when people say they are depressed they're just going through a temporary shitty period of their lives.

Again. I agree. I just rather try to see from thier point of view.

I looked in the mirror today and actually thought in my mind "you are ugly as fuck, you will never find someone that loves you" and walked over to my gun safe, opened it up, and loaded my mosin. I just say there thinking about blowing my brains out because of how much I hate myself. Please tell me I'm not as ugly as I think I am.

Man I completely understand. For me, it's more than just other people. I can't even connect with my family.
My dad, mom, brother, I feel like they might aswell just be strangers to me.

I have 1 friend, whom I've been friends with for like 10 years, that I speak to a few times a week, and hang out maybe once a month.

I just don't care enough to make connections, I feel way more relaxed alone.
My brother has always been an outgoing person, that kinda charismatic guy who gets along with everyone, and I'm so jealous,because I wish I wanted to be like that, but I just don't.

When I go out with my friends, every single time I just keep thinking that it's pointless, it's so much more fun to be alone at home watching movies, reading manga, or whatever.

I'm an attractive guy, and I can tell you it ain't all that.
You never know if people like you for who you are, or because of the way you were born.
Or rather.. You're 99% sure to get someone who likes you for how you look.

I've grown a hatred for this lookism society, which may sound dumb, but I mean, good looking people do get treated better, has an easier life and so on, but that's not all..
It's the same with animals, cats, dogs, bunnies, people like them because they're cute, right?
How about cows and pigs? They're not cute enough even though they're just as smart, so we fatten them up and eat them.

Now I'm not a vegan, I eat meat, what I'm trying to say is I wouldn't care if I was eating cow, pig, dog, cat, whatever, but when I tell people that, they look at me like I'm a monster, when really the world's norms are just retarded.

You're totally fucking normal, and you keep posting, thinking this is a meme.

Grow a beard if you can. Cut your hair too.

not shallow to go for what you want bro, it would only be shallow if you tried to force your ideals on others knowing they don't believe in the same thing. Good luck man, also know that one day you WILL find a grill that fits the picture

Is this a meme?

Even if she isn't fit but emotionally you click it is worth it. Just remember to let her know up front that you take that part of your life seriously if she really is cool then you will know. Pic related

this must be bait

I'm dead serious. Help me. How do I lose more weight? Should I eat even less? Have been

youtube.com/watch?v=cElu1JcNqfg

You're fine dude. Just keep lifting, get a better haircut, trim up the stomach pubes, and you'll be on ez mode

7 pounds in 2 weeks is a lot. Find out your bmr and do a 500 cal defecit. It will take more time but your body will thank you.

just fucking lift

Going to move to live on my own finally for the first time in a week. Life feels good.

Need to figure out how to get a lot of food and protein at poverty mode though.

>have girl best friend
>like each other a lot
>turn into friends with benefits
>start to fall for her

what do, bros?

I'm on a similar boat to you, user.
I've had girls hit on me at clubs, parties and school (no 10/10 queens, but solid 6 and 7s), yet I feel I'm not cute.
Sometimes I look at the mirror and feel like a goblin. Some others I feel like fucking bruce lee. I've been thinking I either have low self esteem, or some kind of autism.
Would post a picture of myself but I feel shitty at the moment desu

I got laid off from a job I hated anyway. The only thing I wanna do is workout and go to Thailand and fuck hookers in disgusting ways.

Abuse coupons user. I'm not precisely rich but I get by quite well stacking 10% offs.
[spoiler]also this may be bad advice but cut on whey if you consider it fine. at least in my country it's almost 2 weeks of groceries for me[/spoiler]

>got patellar tendinitis
>took two days off
>have some mild pain occasionally but should be 100% soon
>tried hugging a pillow while falling asleep
>discovered it's comfy as fuck
Overall pretty decent

Me left ball's been feeling weird lately but I'm giving it until friday before I go to the doc

Don't be afraid to take advantage of a local food bank if you're barely getting by. That's what they're for.

Life's been life.

Depression sucks, but it is what it is

I missed out on life.
Never had a gf or many friends.
Now im almost 30 and its all downhill from here soon
Whats the point of lifting to get a good body if i cant fix my brain
And I cant even do that because of shit genetics

You dont look bad user. Also you are a christfag, right? Stop relying on God and start relying on yourself. Nothing is stronger than human willpower.

I finally worked up the courage to do 1pl8 squats at an actual squat rack after so many years of using leg press/extension machines. Kept thinking I was going to guillotine myself in front of everyone at the gym and die of humiliation.

I keep having this nagging feeling that I'm known as "that guy" no matter which fitness center I go to. I feel as if I'm doing all of my lifts wrong and everyone is watching in disgust even though I've reviewed my form lots of times.

I'm pissed at my sister cuZ i was gonna have this girl im trying to hook up with over but my sis told my parents who r on vacation and they said id be grounded if i have people over true story bros

im also pissed cuz when i had a party on sunday my ball date stayed late to clean up even though she wasnt staying over and we never did anything even though my friend str8 up said "go for it she obviosuly wants to fuck" i could have lost my virginity but i just took my drunk ass to bed instead dammnit

this shit is so depressing its starting to make me feel bad why the fuck am i still on this site I fucking eclipsed this shit, do the same faggots

I just want to cease existing.

I feel like I'm so terrified of failing or not doing a good job that I don't put myself out there job-wise.
im going into my last year of my chem eng degree and i have no job lined up and now im afraid for the future. College was such a fun time and i don't feel ready to leave it. I wanna keep partying, fucking sluts and seeing friends on the daily.

I feel truly lost..... I'm 26 in a laborers Union.. Making 22-25 an hour. Not what I want to do for the rest of my life tho.... I'm becoming numb with women.... I still fuck them but once you truly notice how they are, it's just bs....

>Broke down to a female from my past yesterday about how I felt
>she laughed at me
>asked her what it was about me that she didn't like, that I'd leave her alone after she'd tell me
>she wouldn't tell me
>tells me to leave her alone
>I did
>BETA
>fucked a female with a big ass later that night to release some stress

I don't even know how I feel about it, she wasn't anything special, I was chasing the feeling of happiness of back in the day I felt, not her exactly.

shitty vocals killed the song

im also pissed cuz theres this girl ive liked for months (and every1 knows I like her) and never did shit until when I finally got her snapchat on sunday at my party but shes going off to college next wednesday and i wanna go on at least one date what do I do help me out, this girl is literally my oneitis I know it's bad, but fuck I can't help it

I wanna ask her out on snapchat but it's so risky (she'll prob ignore me) but itll make my month if she says yes what do I do guys help

p.s. im friends with her friends and they are semi encouraging it if that helps

Been in Afghanistan last 8 months... Goin home soon to wife...put on thirty pounds of muscle, fucking jacked as fuck...can't wait to see dogs, wife and family. Ordered a squat rack already, gonna spend about 1000$ on beefing up home gym... Feels good man

When I was in these situations, I'd just say straight up how I felt, they'd try to friendzone me, and then I'd immediately move on and never talk to them again. Now I hate everybody and I'm essentially numb. Good luck kid

>work for a company that is in the process of moving locations
>the other day a co-worker and I were tasked with dismantling and transporting a metal stationary shelf
>take it apart, end up with eight metal panels
>split them 4 and 4
>co-worker has to make two trips to get the panels to the moving truck outside
>i was able to move all 4 of my panels in one go

not gonna lie, this had me feeling good the rest of the day. my co-worker isn't a big guy but i know this time last year i wouldn't have been able to lift all 4 panels

you sound like you're 16
basically stop being a pussy

don't ask her out on snapchat, that shit is lame
do it in person. Just be normal and chill and see if she wants to hang out with you
she's leaving for college soon so don't sperg out and ask her on a date or to be your gf or whatever, just do something fun together

Improving consistently in cardio, cutting my time down basically every other day. My main limit is overheating so I can't wait to see how much faster I can go when the cold weather comes around.

>deployed
>has faithful wife

Pick only 1

Why did you do this to yourself

>dying and never becoming anything
We all become part of something else.
The water in your blood probably ran though a dinosaur at one point.
Circle of life and all that.
Have some tits.

Hang in there buddy. It's cool to cry. Remember to be honest with yourself and others, and forgive yourself. Hold on.

This is good advice, I wish I could follow it.

Been living with this woman for already 3 years, with a 3-month breakup in the middle

She has very good character, wife material: faithful, likes sex, we like most of the same things, she is not bothered by the things I like and she doesn't, very accepting and so on.

2 things keep bothering me, though:
1. she could be prettier, but fuck she is lazy and doesn't diet properly. She is not fat at all, but I wish she was skinny, not just average.

2. her accepting nature sometimes rubs me the wrong way. I feel like the fact that she is willing to accept so much means she will never be a decent source of motivation to improve.

Yeah, you are average at best

Stop being a whiny bitch and look around: how many averages have someone who loves them? A lot.

Stop being an attention whore. For every average looking guy out there there is an average looking girl thinking the same way

Find her.

>Right shoulder blade unnaturally sticks out when moving in certain ways or lifting, causing pain
>Really driven to lift and get in shape but all motivation is killed when actually beginning anything because of shoulder
>Asked anatomy teacher and doctor, have no idea how to fix it

Also today my card got declined when i tried to buy a milkshake because i spent all remaining money on a taylor swift CD. Not important, but an excuse for posting a pic.

HOW TO GIVE YOUR LIFE PURPOSE

1. Establish a specific gym goal to complete within the next 3 months (eg. Increase bench by 15kg)
2. Get a gf within the next 3 months
3. Read 5 books within the next 3 months, preferably some non-fiction and philosophy to learn about what you want in life

good advice m8, I doubt I can salvage this one with all my times that I was a pussy around her, I dont know what it is but with every other girl im able to act like a fucking man, honestly whatever

My boss is a weak beta who constantly hangs the threat of firing me over my head. I wish I could just tell him off but I need the job so bad. I hate his fucking guts and I cannot wait till I can finally tell him something. Only thing keeping me there is his boss, my supervisor who loves me and appreciates me. Never late , never call in, he even put me down for raises that people working there for years haven't had. I love him like a brother but unfortunately my actual boss who i deal with daily is a complete douche.

Is it true that fat girls are easier to get in bed? 20yo virgin here.

Kek

I remember when we were together, she would text me from morning to night, every single day. Even on the day that we broke up she was the one who started the conversation and kept it going. After that, I didn't hear anything from her for 2 weeks. I've worked a lot on my body, it's much better than it was before. I worked on my personality too, but It's by far a lot harder to fix that. I texted her.
>seen
I had never expected this in a thousand years, especially not from her. I can't understand her no matter how hard I try. I have a feeling that she will constantly be thinking about me for the next few days now.

If only she had given me a chance. Maybe it's not all over, maybe I can still get her back to be mine. But that thought will only last a few more days, then it will wither away. Unless by some miracle a chance does open up. At any rate, I'm not going to be desperate and pathetic with this. By all means it's over.

Last few days have been very strange. I feel very little. Then I start thinking how tomorrow there will be no "Good morning!!!!" text. How there is not a single person, at times not even I myself, who is glad that my heart is still beating. I come close to tearing up, but then stop because I'm not supposed to be like that. I'm feeling broken.

Focus on improving yourself, don't give a fuck what other people think. Were you actually dating or just hanging out? Did you do couply things?

You're just all introverts. Just take things at face value with other people and don't overthink it/get existential over it.

Sending love x

My last relationship lasted about 3 years. I don't miss her anymore, but I do miss a lot being with someone you love. Watching movies at the sofa, taking a trip, having fun etc.

I met plenty of girls since I broke up with her, but I can't forget about that feeling. That thing called "love".

It hurts, not everyday though. But that void always comes back.

Only thing that loves me back are dumbbells.

At least you have a hobby that you're passionate about and improves you.

This is it precisely.

I don't miss her specifically, I miss the feeling of having someone to love and who loves you back.

I also have had many dates and have fugged a few times, but I move at like a million miles an hour. Women who say they want commitment actually freak out the moment you offer it to them.

I have an interview at 9am and it's 5 and I can't sleep. Worried as shit. I just want a regular-hours job that makes moderately more than minimum wage and some benefits. A slow start is better than stagnating at the grocerycuck job I have.

I also may have destroyed my chance with a girl who I fell for when I got irrevocably frustrated with her and articulated what I think is wrong with her in a scary, angry tone. She's very small and shy and I'm large and gregarious. She's cute af though

I went to the gym today but I didn't eat anything, I couldn't do leg press at my normal weight than I cut down 50 lbs and I still struggled.

All the squat racks were taken and I didn't wanna fucking wait 30 minutes so I went and did chest press, tricep machine and something for my back I don't the machine after that I worked on my abs.

I'm angry I didn't get to do all my lifts, I have to work on my arms more can you guys give me a good program aka spoonfeed me.

Tomorrow I want to work on my arms or chest >:(

>go outside and meet people
>beeing myself
>constantly getting rejected by the people I like

I don't know man, I just turned 27 and still can't seem to figure this shit out. How do these things come naturally to some people and are like alien language to others. I don't think there is anything deal breakingly wrong with me, but I can't narrow down what is. I've been called depressingly realistic in the past and some have even said that I give out a scary vibe, but I don't know whats that all about.

At least I cycled like a mad man for the whole summer and am starting going back to gym again. My right shoulder however seems to be tired and is aching when doing certain things, but despite all that I'm currently in the best shape of my life, but the bar was never that high in the first place.

I'm not bitter or too depressed about all of this, because I can't tell what the future holds, but every once in a while the thought of me still being alone at 30 as my peers get married and having families creeps up on me.

GF of 4 years broke up with me in may, now dating a 8/10 QT and we had a nice week together, pretty intimate as well.

She's on holiday in Denmark now, don't know if I miss her and if I want a relationship at all after getting my heart crushed.

Lifts are consistent, fueled by hate for my ex.

Football season is coming, that's what I'm really waiting for.

same, 4 y GF left me for another Dude, started becoming masive cardio king, meet a qt but unsure if im ready for another relationshit

your looks are okay, but you're a manlet so it doesnt matter anyway.

>gf dumped me a month ago, miss her even though I know we weren't that we'll matched
>Unsatisfied with my career, no real specialty or skill-set, even though I'm earning well above my age-average and get to travel internationally quite a bit
>In the best shape of my life, but still a bit of a sperg with girls. Trying in this front, asked a girl out on the weekend, meeting her tonight...don't think I'm that attracted to her though

Feel like I have no direction or ambitions lads

That's how it is, I know it is hard but don't feel bad about the breakup.In the end you lost someone who didn't love you but she lost someone who did. So chinup user, she lost in the long run.
T. Broke with a girl I wanted to marry last september and slowly getting better.

Been fat most of my life, finally got weight somewhat under control and decided to replace 3 of my 5 cardio workouts with lifting instead. I quickly realized I can't move my legs with proper form on dead lifts and squats. My knees go outward the further down I get until I look like a frog in the bottom position.

Anyone know what to do about this? I don't wanna stop doing these exercises but it feels like I'll get injured if I move on to heavier weights.

I know,but for whatever reason I still have hope (if you can call it that I guess) for whatever reason. Im sure that now she must be thinking about me because of that text.

I have great English

When this situation happens to me I simply keep talking. Some people are happy to stand there and listen and you gotta be entertaining. They may not be interesting people or you do not actually care about them if you are asking the right questions and getting no response. As autistic as it sounds I think I may have worked out a nice normie trick, If it's a week day you simply ask what someone did last weekend and that gives you a good segway to talk about them and their interests. Alternatively you ask people if they have any plans for the coming weekend. This is your chance to either a) invite them to something you would like to do, or b) assert that you are interested in what they are doing.

Unfortunately I don't know how level of attractiveness fits into all the above. I think if your ugly/unattractive your really gonna have to work for it so YMMV. Remember that when chad/anyone comes up to you and asks you about your week you probably would love to tell him about your PR you just hit, remember that other people are similar. It's not always the case and some people are practically NPC's in a vidya game, if you meet women like this you should try and fuck them. Also when chad then asks you if you would like to go to the beach with him on Saturday you might say yes and if you were a girl you would definitely say yes right? hope this helps mate.

Have extreme self doubt that causes depression and severe anxiety and its ruined all my previous relationships. Self medicate to control the craziness which sometimes leads to benders which last days and hit even lower lows. Lifting helps to an extent. Sucks man. Only thing that keeps me going is trying to perfect my body image and an urge to prove to everyone that I'm not a complete fuck up.

Tore my meniscus, can't get surgery at the moment because I have to work to pay for school. Feels real bad.
Also being single for the last couple of years isn't helping with the stress, would be nice to have a female to confide to. Oh well. Hope you bros are making progress and all kinds of gains.

Nobody cares about you, we're all too busy thinking about ourselves. Read "how to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie.

>Never had a gf or many friends.
Get fit>Join sports team>there's your Friends>go out with friends> meet women while out, or through friends of friends

>cant fix my brain
What you really need is well defined goals, with smaller more achievable steps to track your progress. This should be the case for everything. If you wanna lift some heavy ass weight, you need to progress to it with light weight first. If you wanna be a millionaire, you gotta start by making your first hundred thousand. You wanna get a GF, you gotta start by talking to women or building social connections and status.

If your genetics are bad then you just gotta work hard to make up for it.
If your genetics are truly shit,and I'm talking bottom 15% then your focus should be on making money, since it will help you with what I assume are your goals.

A good friend of mine that I've worked through my undergrad career with recently started experiencing a debilitating illness that looks to be the starting signs of schizophrenia.
She's helped get me through my first three and a half years of college with good grades and we both planned on going to grad school together, but it looks like she's not going to be able to do that any more, right near the end of our undergraduate studies.
I'm trying to help her as much as I can but there's only so much I can do and she's quickly falling behind already.
I've been feeling like shit because of this and I went to the gym and set a new deadlift 1RM of 450 thinking about it. Seems like lifting is the only thing that really takes my mind off it.

Just keep doing them while trying to fix your form. It takes a good six months to really nail down proper form on lifts and get the most out of them, which is something most people don't expect.
Focus on maintaining your leg position and flexing the muscles needed for that.
Don't worry about moving up in weight, just worry about getting the form down and getting the most out of the lift you can.