twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how do you get clients?

How much do you make?

How many hours a week do you work?

inb4 ever fucked a client?
answer: no

>Ask a personal trainer anything
How do you get clients?

What type of people are most common to hire a personal trainer?

Have you ever been hit on by one of your clients?

nice

What's your stats
Also what are some funny stories you're willing to share
> always in the mood for a green text

What is the most retarded thing a fellow personal trainer has done.
Don't give out to much info, keep it anonomys,
Also how long have you been pt and how long have you been liftan

There are different PTs for different goals at my gym. I'm sorta a strength coach type so skellys and assorted dyels usually come to me wanting to get stronk

I work study at my uni fitness center so instead of actually paying me they pay down my tuition

1-2 hrs a day

Just over 1.5/2/3/5

The only wacky thing that's happened to me is that one kid sharted a bit while squatting.

I live in a generally 'fit' locale and i see alot of rich asshole wives getting personal training. I just imagine the job sucking complete ass. Every job will make an activity unenjoyable if you do it enough and id hate to make exercising dreadful. From what i hear, the money is shit, people are shit, hours are sporadic and super early mornings are required. I imagine it being basically babysitting of peoples emotions, giving fatties pats on the back for making minute gains and constantly reprimanding them for sneaking food and not sticking to their plan. So many young people seem to think "i like working out, ill be a PT". Nope, just quit now and do not, do not spend money on college for it.

I attract the skellys for strength training

Most ppl who get a PT just want a gym buddy who won't push them, but I actually put my guys on programs

No, almost everyone that comes to me is a dude

How do I estimate my daily calorie intake if I count exercise?

I know how to calculate BMR, but how do I count in, for example, 30 minutes of weightlifting 5 days a week? 140lb 5'9"

New personal trainer here, any advice?

What are the requirements for the job
Like bare minimum

Have you fucked any girls you train?

Do other trainers fuck a lot of their trainees?

Please refer to

I started the PT job in a work study program at my uni last school year. Started liftin as freshie in HS, no junior in uni

I don't really pay attention to the other trainers, theyre mostly chicks who make fat bitches do ineffective meme exercises, but they sometimes do retarded shit
One of my clients just hit a 2pl8 deadlift for the first time while another PT like 2 feet away was making some fat black bitch do bosu ball planks or some shit then asked us if we could not bang the weights

Find a niche if your gym will allow it. If you wanna be the weight loss guy, advertise yourself as such. If you want to focus more on strength training sell yourself as the strength guy

pass a bs certification and look like you lift

No offense but i highly suggest you look to a different career path. PT is fine while in Uni and would look great on a resume but there's no money in it after college.

Idk that much about nutrition sorry I'm just the barbell guy

Why does you job literally exist when there is Google?

I'm majoring in economics and plan on entering the corporate world. I wouldn't dream of making a career out of training

bc most people don't actually want someone to "train" them, they just want a gym buddy who won't make them do anything hard if they say so then congratulate themselves for exercising

Good on you then. Smart move. Off topic but i dual majored in econ and finance. The finance side helped me significantly more in securing a job. You may want to consider getting a minor or a dual major. Economic professions are somewhat limited, although any business degree can get your foot in the door. I wouldnt suggest grad school or beyond these days, too expensive. Just start making money.

This. Although i have seen some success stories from severely obese people making a life change, injured or disabled people and near-pro athletes. Majority of others are like you describe.

>wants to enter corporate world
>isn't majoring in information systems
Top Zozz, IS at my uni is part of the college of business so you learn everything typical business majors do and you also take 18 credit hours of tech classes like SQL, c#, java, process modelling etc. Way easier than a computer engineering degree but since most people are retards they think it's super impressive. You can do any business job with it plus if you like IT you can get a job programming or working with databases, or be a systems analyst.

worst client story?

This is smart. Wait till you enter the business world and realize how absolutely clueless boomers and gen x'ers are about computers. They will literally think you're a computer wiz if you show them a hotkey, can reset a router or can do an excel function. Do something actually IT related and they will think youre the next Steve Jobs. If youre cunning you can charge em out the ass too, just dont let them see how easy it is.

sure, I got time

>get this one basic bitch freshman as a client
>says she mainly wants to focus on toning arms, belly fat and butt
>UNIRONICALLY says "I don't want to get bulky I just want to tone"
>whateveryousay.png
>make her do barbell lifts
>constantly complains that the weight is too heavy, the lifts are too hard, and that she doesn't really want to build a lot of muscle
>would see other PTs making clients do shitty meme exercises, especially cable leg extensions as a glutes exercise
>"why can't I do stuff like that" she'd ask
>"because they don't work as good as squats" I'd say
She dropped me as a trainer after 3 weeks. Good riddance, I prefer skellys to train

>It's too heavy!
>It's too hard!
>Why can't I do something easier?
I honestly never understand why these people go to a gym. They should just buy a treadmill and stay at home.

see

Every turned a skelly swole?

This is exactly why I wouldn't be able to cut it off as a trainer. Literally the remedy for everything is to bust out heavy squats but mother fuckers don't want to do them.

>sharted while squatting
who hasn't

will I get in trouble for calling out the strength guy for not knowing his shit?

I'm a year in and about 1/2/3/3.5, how long would it take to reach 2/3/4/5?

disabled veteran here.
My trainer isn't there to help me gain or lose weight/muscle. I've never needed help with that and it's stupid to ever hire anyone for that.
He is there to ensure I keep proper form and research what I need to workout at each step. It's painstakingly slow, but most of my pain is disappearing.
Trainer should only be used as an extreme, if you want a show body or if you're literally too fucked that you working out might make things worst.

My favorite client was the one that made the most progress. Literally hungry hungry skelly, put him on a modified SS, had him read the book, taught him all the lifts, all that good stuff. Kid ate like a fuckin beast too, probably too much actually. Started out barely able to squat 135x1 and after half a year I had him repping out lmao3pl8

not the OP, but 2pl8 ohp is by far the most difficult of those four goals. Probably at least a couple years but depends a lot on body weight and leverages

what the fuck is up with your ohp:bench proportion and squat:dl proportion.

Don't have nearly enough info to make that call

Don't get a strength coach at a commercial gym and you won't have to

are barbell hipthrusts gay? i feel like they would make me a faster sprinter and a stronger athlete when pushing something/someone, in a way that is not stimulated when doing squats and deadlift

How to get bigger dick

only do them if you want to look like a chick getting her panties slid off. You'll be fine with squats, DLs, and other lower body exercises

convince your doctor to prescribe you HGH

>cable leg extensions as a glutes exercise
>don't work as good as squats
aren't these different types of motion?
Don't EMGs show more butt focused exericse causes them to contract stronger than squat?
the squat simulates "jumping" motion, where as something like a cable leg extention would more simulate the pushing drive needed to propel yourself forward rather than upward?
Shouldn't you want to do both types of motion?

i want to run faster, not jump higher.(tho that is a nice bonus)

t-nation.com/training/dispelling-the-glute-myth
this is the article causing me to question it

Help me with highbar squats m8. idk what is wrong

Not if you could barely squat 95 for one rep like she could. As a beginner, doubling your squat will give you infinitely better butt gains than twitching your leg around attached to a weight stack pinned at 5 lbs

How do you explain acronyms to the people you teach?

don't do them. Low bar master race my friend

uh...tell them what it stands for of course

not op but lifting stuff wont really help you run faster.
what will help you run faster is running...try harder to beat your time each training session.

vitamin S should do the trick

Why are you guys so fucking useless? I had 2 sessions with a PT since it came with the membership. Told her I was training for strength and se made me a (((personalized program))) that was made up entirely of 4x12 supersets.

how much do they pay it down

this PT is a basic as fuck "hurr durr skwatz and bench" bitch.

Actual performance based PT here.

The glutes are a massively powerful muscle group and will definitely help you run faster. Weighted hip thrusts with proper core activation will far exceed squats in their development.
Other pros are building a better pelvic position. most people will sport some sort of anterior pelvic tilt and it will massively help with that.
Always identify your weaker muscle groups and high performance muscle groups and give them some focus and attention.

If you have a over active muscle group. for example (hip flexors) you need to identify the antagonist muscle groups and train those to move forward in performance and reduce injury rates.

to answer some other questions "how do you get clients"
I use fanatical prospecting and either SPIN selling or challenger sales.

We dont use food plans cos only athletes loosely adhere to them.
learn how your body uses different macros and you can make a better decision.

Calories in and calories out is a meme. the equivilant of saying an ounce of fluid is an ouce and therefore it shouldnt matter where or what i put in my car.

I am dating a previous client. have slept with 3 in 4 years on the job.

i spend roughly 4 hours a week reading the latest research. you could if you wanted to but i can drip feed and build programs for people who just want progress and dont get a hardon for the latest EMG stats.

>her
>she
found your problem mate

Well it's not like I had a choice. The gym assigns them and I can't exactly bitch to management that they gave me a woman. That would be horribly racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic/Islamophobic/bigoted. Very problematic.

It was full of KB and TRX meme shit too. Needless to say I threw it in the trash and started a real program.

Actual working PT here.
roughly $1 a minute. I am a sole trader so i rent a space in a gym the standard in my area is about 180-200 a week for a license to use the gym. i dont split my money with te gym the rent is a flat rate.

I work roughly 25-30hours a week

what routines do u give completely new skinnyfat dyels
do u make them do SS? or some typical 5daybrosplit

ever had a real qt3.14 as a client op?

Actual PT here.

Calories in is a meme.
i could feed you thousands of calories a day and starve you to death or minimal and make you fat. Your body will burn different macros at different rates and use them for different things. Protein wont be converted to glucose and fructose will be turned into fat in the liver before it is converted back.

Eat a whole food diet with high protein, fibre, fats and starch. smash back dextrose intra workout for a nice little energy and insulin boost. build up or tone down the volume you are eating until you start seeing the scales move in whatever direction you want

I wouldn't be caught dead assigning someone a brosplit. I usually start with a base SS/SL type program template and modify it to fit individual needs like how much time we have to train, imbalances, weak muscle groups, etc

yes but I was too shy to ask her out

5-3-1 build to a full undulating periodized program later probably concurrent

ahh k thats good, all the pts in my area are pretty weak and only give out advice on doing brosplits with supersetting everything with lots of cardio 30sec rest etc

Accountability. You have an appointment and your trainer is waiting for you. People are lazy and unmotivated. You're paying someone to keep you focused and spend time at the gym efficiently.

Everyone can use a trainer.

How do I know when I need to take a "rest day"? When my muscles hurt?

It depends desu, AAAI is a one weekend course but I heard the cert test is hard to pass
I'm currently doing NASM and the first thing in the book is actual anatomy and some biomechanics, then it goes on to training and how to go about training clients with sample exercises and such. It's funny, I see why some PTs are idiots. If you didn't have any lifting experience before starting a course you'd probably end up being one of those idiots having people bicep curl on bosu balls

Certification, that's it. You can be DYEL as fuck and still get a job as a PT as long as you're certified
source: dyel trainers at my gym

dont ask clients out or even think about it you dumb fuck, its a job

She will come back once motivated enough

>This guy gets it.

I'm in the same boat working towards my NASM cert. If you were to go into it with out any prior knowledge you will be hawking Dr Oz maymay level shit to your clients. To me, there is some useful info but a lot of it seems pretty gimicky.

Do any of you operate out of your home gym?

Do you actually need a degree or it's just matter of looking good and knowing stuff?
Wouldn't mind babysitting some fatso for decent paycheck.