Is there any point to using barbells over dumbells? I'm a poorfag trying to make a home gym...

Is there any point to using barbells over dumbells? I'm a poorfag trying to make a home gym. I don't have enough money for a rack to bench in, so should I just dumbbell bench in order to not end up executing myself?

>I don't have enough money for a rack
save up nigger

Yea definitely don't save your money. Just spend whatever you have now on really shitty equipment

You are fcking poor but want to build a homegym? Seems like a wise decision

Just floor press my negro

>barbell
>pl8s
>squat stand

Pretty cheap desu

>Pretty cheap desu
no it really isn't, compared to just getting a gym membership (free showers too)

My house also has free showers so that's kind of a moot point.

Barbell is cheaper than getting dumbells from the range of 10kg to 60kg,

Plates can be bought pretty cheap, and they are cheaper than DBs per kg.
barbells are also more versatile for strength.

If you fidn good offers then your home gym will pay itself back after ~1.5 years of a cheap gym membership.

Thats what i got here, in Norway. where weights are very expensive. And cant be bought used.

You have free water? I find that hard to believe

How much did it all cost and how much weight do you have?

My water bill is at a set rate, doesn't matter how much I use the price is the same.

you can take showers for infinite time? Holy fuck

Nigga just keep the water running 24/7 in all taps

i get this. but you might actually be better off getting a gym membership for x months, using what you have gained from there and applying that towards decision making purchases of at-home equipment. i think this is the best option for you, since it sounds like you're pretty much gonna buy equipment eventually.

what you could get right now is a wedge pull up bar. i think that's really all you need at-home as of right now.

I have a bar and 90kg of plates in varying sizes. i had to buy everything brand new as getting something used is nearly impossible.

But it costed me $440, and that also covers the freight. A squat stand here costs $220 which is the cheapest one, but its easy to make yourself if you know how to weld, or know someone who can help you.

If you can buy stuff used then its going to be a lot cheaper. And this is Norway. Everything exercise related is very expensive.

I still find it weird that people have to pay for water. I live in Alaska so that's never been an issue...

But that's only 110kg, you will outsquat and -deadlift it in a matter of months and will have to buy more

Wow dude those 90kg of weight sure are going to last you a lifetime, it's totally not like you will be out of weight after your deadlift warm up

>I don't have enough money for a rack
Just build one, my guy. I mean, you DO know valuable basic construction skills and how to use tools, RIGHT?

keep all your taps running 24/7 and see anything changes.

Just buy more weight. Just because i only bought 90kg this time, doesnt mean i will not buy more in the future. I still go to a gym, and i use this for upper body exercises on days im being lazy.

But everything brand new, and i still pay less than 2 years of a regulare membership. If i make the squat stand myself(which i did) and would be able to buy everthing used it would cost a lot less.

do floor presses faggot

Couldn't you just bottle the water and sell it? I mean if you pay a fixed amount just keep it running at all times and sell it forward

Technically as long as they are cold

There's actually no way for them to bill me. My water comes from the ground. So unless I dry up the aquifers I'm good. And water that's drained into the septic gets filtered and released back into the ground.

Downside is that the closest gym (which doesn't even have a bench) is about 30-40 minutes away, so I've decided to wrestle bears, instead.

Just get some spin lock dumbbell handles, can usually get them fairly cheap at a sports store/second hand
Dumbbells, pull up bar/gymnastics rings, bench and a kettlebell is what i would recommend for a true poverty homegym, ive used this in the past and still do on days i cant get to the gym
You can make fairly good gains with this, obviously lower body training will be lacking due to no squats or deads, but a nice heavy kettlebell should train your legs alright
Would recommend a push pull split, since a strength routine is pretty much out of the question
Anyway good luck OP you povo fuck

if youre a poor fag then dumbells are fine, buy adjustable ones though might be more expensive but its worth the investment

you could do weighted pushups for chest
one armed db presses for shoulders
one armed rows for back
weighted pullups for back, get bar though
one armed dumbell cleans for traps
curls tricep ext etc all doable

only issue is legs really, maybe one legged squats

you need to get a dumbell bar and buy seperate small iron cast plates if you wanna do it right OP

sk8board squats bruh