/Calisthenics/ General

Post your workout routines, anecdotes, info etc!

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19l4tVfdTJLheLMwZBYqcw1oeEBPRh8mxngqrCz2YnVg/edit#gid=2032740838
youtube.com/watch?v=GIlyJnJuLGk
stevenlow.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/OG2ChartsPrint.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bowt to do some training in the local park. It's a nice sunny day after 3 weeks of peak British weather (torrential rain)

-Sprints
-Flexibility and Mobility drills

P.S. I can outrun, outmanoeuvre, and outclass any of your weight lifting chumps with my supreme athleticism. Enjoy your rickets!

Bamp im new to cal and would like to see some routines
>i...is that you mathew?

Just came back from training. Had me a good vitamin dense brown rice meal with eggs.

nobody has the links?
throwback to before the webm

Lmao.

>'Mummy, why is that boy running backwards and forwards by himself?'
>'That's a man, sweetie, I think he's a little bit special'
>Cut to a scrawny white dude, trying to ease into the splits while talking to himself and reciting his favourite anime scenes

i really don't understand this constant downtalking on fit

hur dur my routine is better than yours

isn't the whole purpose of this board self improvement?
the last time i saw autism condensed this densly was in the Jordan B Peterson threads on pol

I have been following Overcoming Gravity for this year. Have increased my pullups from 3x3 reps to 3x10, the most I've done at my life!

Also do Stretch Series by Coach summer.

Highly recommended.

>P.S. I can outrun, outmanoeuvre, and outclass any of your weight lifting chumps with my supreme athleticism. Enjoy your rickets!

Anyone that posts something like this ironically or not deserves to get talked down to.

also. check'd

okay true i actually didn't read that the first time

also first time i roll fucking quads and its on a rant...

Why do you recommend them? Do you do the Thoracic Bridge stuff, that requires you to put your legs really high and do table push ups? I've been really inconsistent with them and want to change that. Thinking of doing them twice a week, cause it's easier to not give up (since it's supposed to be once a week and a lot of rest days)

i read it in my head in the same voice of someone who says "don't hit on me silly boys"

3x8 pullups
3x8 dips
3x10 pike leg lifts(+5 for each obliques)
3x15 sec lsit
3x30 sec face to wall handstand + trying handstand without wall
3x1min wall squat hold
100 calves raises
30mins of yoga for stretching
Every other day

I've noticed a huge difference on weeks where I don't stretch intensely, I feel tense and my ROM decreases. I doesn't have to be that routine, maybe try some yoga a couple days a week. But definitely do something.

Also after trying the Foundation series for a year and getting nowhere I like the OG system better. Much more information and rehab/prehab can be integrated in the routine.

Also my routine:

Box HePU 3x10
Pull ups 3x10
Ring Push up 3x10
Ring Rows 3x10
Pistols 3x6 each leg
High Step up 3x10 each leg
L-Sit 4x15s 30s max right now

I have been increasing at least a rep in each workout. 3x a week full body routine. Stretch on rest days and light cardio. 5'10 manlet 178lbs

Very impressive, Im doing some right now!

You need a lot more variation in your ROM. e.g. for triceps dips can be exchanged for circular dips

awesome!

If you have a chance, get a pair of rings, the best 20 dollar I spent in my life.

really? Foundation works for me but I changed a lot of stuff? I only have this saved docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19l4tVfdTJLheLMwZBYqcw1oeEBPRh8mxngqrCz2YnVg/edit#gid=2032740838
but I haven't read a single line from OG, and haven't tried a single exercise.

Do you have any idea how far you are into the program? like 30 50 or 80% done or something like that

Also my routine:

Current Routine
Workout A
FL- Open Front Lever 5x20s
sPL - tuck Planche (haven't trained in weeks)
HBP - Bulgarian Dips 5x5
RC - L-sit Bulgarian Pull ups on rings 5x5

Workout B
MN- L-sit 5x30s
SL- Side Lever Block 5x15-20s [stop video at 5 sec - it's a hold not a press] youtube.com/watch?v=GIlyJnJuLGk
HS - lmao still doing wall hs

Legs - whatever you get from the Front split and middle split stretching videos lmao. calf raises and side to side squats

Im still on beginner, but I'm in no rush.

Checkout the progression charts for OG, the main difference I found is that Foundation establishes define progressions, reps and if you fail an exercise you have to "go back to the beginning". OG lets you swap to a different exercise that may improve side skills/muscles so that you can keep moving forward.

stevenlow.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/OG2ChartsPrint.pdf

Well this is only for calistenics i also do partner acrobatics and contemporary dance so i think i got enough of variation

Ah yes, you sound sorted mate. Funny I started with Calis and then progressed onto dance performance.

Weightlifters are so 1 dimensional they lift and thats their only hobby, lol, poor bunch of suckas

Wow you are really ahead, congrats bro

Can't agree more there mate

How are you supposed to do the piriformis stretch from the Middle splits - MSs6. Can you give me any tips, because I don't feel anything

Can I do calisthenics on the days where I'm not doing SS?

i just started calisthenics after a break. to me its alot of muscle memory and not letting my form get ugly. i fell doing a front flip and my leg took awhile to recover from that

Yeah you can do some. Looks like you have no idea what you are talking about, though. I think you intend to do some light exercises like pull ups and dips. Your question sounds like
>can I do olympic llifting on the days where I'm not doing SS?

You can expect the same progress with calisthenics as the progress you would expect to get from doing olymping lifting on rest days.