What does a person need to be able to do to be considered "fit"?

What does a person need to be able to do to be considered "fit"?

Does he need to be able to run a mile in 6 minutes? Does he need to be able to do 100 pushups/pullups/situps? Does he need to be able to lift 1/2/3/4 plate?

not fat and above average strength which is going to the gym for 1 month.

by normie standards i mean
by Veeky Forums 8% bf 1.5/2.5/4/5

1/2/3/4 any height or weight

heart rate under 60 bpm

lift 1/2/3/4 and run 5k in 25m

Visible abs. No other criteria.

For me being able to do at least 5 pull ups, 3o push ups without too much struggle and being able to run 5k at a reasonable pace. Everything above that is specific.

Personally?
>1/2/3/4
>At least 1 marathon RUN, not walked like so pussy bitch
>Muscle ups
>12% bf

>marathon run
ill never be fit

Marathons are a meme

t.fatass

t. hot stud

I think your definition of "fit" is closer to an "athlete" one. Not saying it's bad, it's just funny how being fit can have different meanings for people.

I can do 5 pull ups but have to switch to chin ups after that.
I have a lot of progress to make physically (skelly)
Was fit year before last - decent muscle gain all over.
5 pull ups is pleb tier. A minimum of 10 should be the goal

IDK that you need to be able to run a marathon. Maybe half-marathon. I can't think of any reason why any person needs to be able to run 26+ miles non-stop unless you're in the military, and even then outright speed over 2-3 miles would probably be more important than 26 miles of moderate running pace.

Visible muscle gains anywhere, can run 20 minutes without stopping or dying, fat not visible when wearing a medium shirt, looks decent

Objectively speaking within 12-17 percent bodyfat range (athletic range) and exercises regularly with decent strength and endurance

Depends on your height and weight really

A mix of all these things imo

1/2/3/4 pl8 without being too fat to do general bodyweight exercises and have good enough condition to run for at least 30 mins

But for normies youre probably already fit if they can see definition on your arms

>medium shirt
lmao

I can't even do one pull up. I've gone from 145 to 70 in the pull up assist machine over the past month for a set of 5. I'm trying to cut and trying to get stronk. I'll never be fit if the standard is a fucking pull/chin up set. Also when did cardio ever become a standard on This Romanian shoe shining forum?

>mfw I can do 20+ pullups in one set

btw "cardio kills gains" is a meme, you gotta be running to make those sicc heart gainz

Fit is like healthy or beautiful- completely subjective

The more you lift the higher your requirements for "fit" become.

The standard military requirements are a good place for a balanced fitness level because they're designed to weed out unfit and undesirable people but with enough leeway to train almost anyone who's suitable.

Also for what it's worth, most of the people who lift heavy in any gym are unfit- very strong but very unconditioned and very shit at cardio and flexibility, which are all requirements for a good fitness balance.

>Can do 10 pullups
>Can sprint without injuring themselves
>Can run continuously for at least an hour
>Can do 1/2/3/4 lifts

Then you're fit.

Fit?
10-14% bodyfat
Beyond ottermode build
Large arms wide back six pack or a near sixpack noticable leg definition
Able to to do the OPM workout(minus the 10km tha'ts a toss up)
Can squat or bench 3plate
Can complete a 5k.
Can run fairly fast and or perform some action that's fairly strenuous activity for a long time..say...10 minutes and not be out of breath.
Can perform in any athletic endeavor for a long while

That's aobut it.

>>Can run continuously for at least an hour
Someone's been watching too much Bourne

10 pull ups
50 push ups
60+ sit ups
tfw IT band syndrome destroyed my running gains and I have to build back up

I'm an 145lb grill. Have never been to the gym but did 7 chin ups with good form at the outdoor gym yesterday and every dude there's eyes nearly popped out of their skull and the guy next to me looked like he wanted to punch me in the face because he couldn't do 1 or even hold a flexed arm hang more than a second. HOWEVER I have asthma and despite being the fastest sprinter I know I feel like I'm going to die immediately afterward. I can sprint up the stairs alright but going up then slowly is absolute fucking murder in terms of seemingly instant lactic acid burn. I can pick up and carry around adult males, wrestle with horses and work 12 hour days full of physical labour etc. but have such shitty endurance when it comes to stairs or running, I don't know if I can class myself as fit.

I do agree with you but in my opinion the pull up to push up ratio should be more like 3 push ups per 1 pull up and I would go with 15 pull ups, not that my opinion matters anyway

I mean by normie pleb standards

>squat or bench 3 pl8

If you can bench 3 pl8 but can't squat it you're doing something wrong

>fit
>noticable muscle mass
>less than 20% body fat
>capable of lifting weights and running at least 2 miles
This alone will impress most normies.

Clarkes stunt double is hotter than she is.

normies really have no grasp on weight lifting weight, they'll be impressed by 2pl8 deadlifts even though that's bitchweight. They're really impressed by advanced calisthenics, one hand pushups, muscleups, handstands etc. Also not having a gut and visible abs, or at least outlines, and big arms will make a good impression.

This is 98.5% lies.

Deadlift at least 250 kg
Run 10 km in 40 min or something

>fat guy does butterfly twist video

he needs to be able to reproduce.
literal definition of fitness.
stop trying to read into it.

Totally dependant on your body type, size, and how much you want to specialize in any one area.

Right now I'm 5'11, 170, 10-12% bodyfat, but I've let cardio fitness fall off. Last 10 kilometers I ran was at a 10:42 pace, although it wasn't a race.

Currently:
135 x 5 OHP
90 x 3 DB bench
385 dead
8 pullups from dead hang on rings with one plate
Climbing 5.11 Aish for first time leads.

Goals would be:
10 mile run isn't hard, no time limit
Under 6 minute mile
165 OHP x 5
110 DB bench for 5
450lb dead
15 perfect pull ups with a pl8
Climb 5.12 a clean.

But it's hard to get good at all those things at once.

No one fucking cares dude.
No one except lifters and autistic powerlifting dorks who need SOMETHING to hold over the heads of the more fit and athletic people who've been going to the gym for a longer time then them.

Yeah I know.
Who did she blow/eat to get that role?

who here has no intention of hitting 1/2/3/4?

I don't mind 1/2 (i'm not far off of it) but imo 3/4 makes your legs too big to be aesthetic.
I appreciate that for some strength is the goal, but for me something closer to 1/2/2/3 would result in a more aesthetic body that 1/2/3/4

The only right answer itt

according to Dr. Andy Galpin leg strength is the best indicator of a healthy and happy old age so at a minimum you need to maintain that throughout life to be fit.

this is true, people say they "do a marathon" for social media validation and they walk the entire thing.

Yeah, but the only thing you have to do is Squat and Deadlift moderately heavily once every 1-2 weeks to build and maintain that strength.

Anything more and you're just asking for trouble.

I'd say general athleticism, meaning fairly low bodyfat, being able to bench bodyweight and squat 1.5 for reps, being able to run and skip rope without dying, being able to superset or giant set at 10+ reps without dying, some newbie gymnastics moves like l-sit, dragon flag and front lever.

same
pic related

forget it dude. I can squat 2 plates for sets of 12 easily and my legs are nothing special. 3 plates for reps is the minimum if you want good legs.