Concerning 1/2/3/4, where would barbell rows fit into this? Should they be between OHP and bench (like 1.5 or 1.75)...

Concerning 1/2/3/4, where would barbell rows fit into this? Should they be between OHP and bench (like 1.5 or 1.75)? Or equal to bench or greater?

Around bench weight

.85 of bench weight

the same or more than the bench press.

>clean form bent over row is 1.5x my bench

That picture is stupid. Both of those rows are legit.

I see there isn't much consensus.

This is the correct answer.

Another interesting question would be where they rank in terms of awesomeness. I'd say
OHP < bench < deadlift < row < squat

How is OHP the least awesome? It's one of the manliest exercises in existence.

why is the first 1st and 2nd pic bad? a bit of bend on the back will ruin all your gainz?

Puts more pressure on the wrong parts. Its to prevent injury

(((objectively))) wrong.
bench < squat < row < diddy < ohp

Works the least muscle, has the least aesthetic benefit. Maybe it's just that I hate it because I'm not a manlet so I kind of suck at it.

Nobody can argue that squats are king. For deadlift they actually suck major ass except if you do snatch grip DL, then they are decent. But row still dominates all but the king.

i think you overdosed on memes

It starts engaging your lats and leads to cheating by moving your back in the lift (Eve if not on purpose).

OHP engages more than a bench press. You are using you core for stabilization and hitting your Delts, traps, tris, and serratus directly.

Also the fact you are lifting a rate from the ground to over your head using just strength makes it rather manly.

The best way to feel the core work is with the military press, where you keep your heels touching.

Still you lift the least weight thus it is the least manly.

Going by just weight it would be, I guess:

Deadlifts > Squats > Bench >= Row > OHP

But I hardly consider rows a "manly" exercise in concept, although extremely important.

1/2/3/4 is a rubbish standart though.

Yes this is obvious although since I switched DL for snatch grip DL my row became about 10% stronger than my bench, improved my posture too. Can recommend. Also you should buy my book about how rows and snatch grip DLs are awesome.

Row

>that guy in here who sucks so bad at OHP that he spents his time making makes and shilling against OHP

>has the least aesthetic benefit

This is the physique of an individual that trains shoulder by OHP. If only somebody had told him about lateral raises. Poor fella.

The little manlet that at least has this one thing going for him, natural proficiency at OHP.

The ratio seems reasonable, that's more what I meant, essentially how should it compare to a bench press.

>Lanklet upset his ohp sucks.