If I can force myself to go one month without eating fast food, will the craving disappear?

If I can force myself to go one month without eating fast food, will the craving disappear?

Yes.
To be honest it will probably take 1-2 weeks for it to go. The first few days, maybe a week, are the only hard part. But it only takes 1 or 2 days to slip back into the habits of craving, so be vigilant.

Replace soda with tee or homemade, very light mixtures of juice and water.
Maybe try eating some shitty burger so you stop the craving. Once had 2 disgusting burgers that were clearly not fresh and it stop my appetite for any fast food for a long time.
Maybe eat a burger while watching some fat person being bathed by someone else.

Learn to cook, it's not hard to make things that taste good and are healthy.

As someone who lost over 100 pounds I can tell you the cravings will never fully disappear.

You make the mistake of giving in and you'll want it bad.

Two months.
After a while you'll just take a bite be disgusted with it and stop. Seriously.
I used to drink mountain dew like it was water. But once i went off of it...I couldn't stomach it anymore.
It was fucking disgusting.

Same for basically all soda's now.

You merely have to break the lifetime of subtle brainwashing and ingrained emotional attachments to the food and be self aware about it.

After that, it's all gravy.

it never went away for me.

fast food, to me, objectively tastes like shitty, nasty, stale grease; but my brain nonetheless associates it with warm childhood memories, comfort, and (momentary) joy. and also, convenience, since i suck at time management and cooking is a goddamned chore.

it's a constant struggle.

It will go away for sure, I don't drink soda at all unless i go to burger king that happens once maybe twice a month, and i never feel craving for it.

ive substituted diet soda for soda, but ill always go for fast food if i don't control myself.

gosh i want a chicken mcgriddle right now.

> Drink two liters of coke a day for 7 years
> Stop cold turkey, just water/milk/coffee

Don't miss it a bit. Whenever I drink soda now (every few months when I'm drunk, usually as a chaser) is feels like heavy syrup. Took less than two months to be repulsed by it.

Once a month is not going to kill you, nor your gains. Jesus fucking christ.
You could go twice a month, twice a week or even every single fucking day if you feel like it.

Just adjust calorie/macros and go for it.

The cravings will only go away if the food you crave is not in your house at all.

This is hard to achieve if you live with other people.

Yes. I used to have a terrible addiction to soda. Forced myself to go a few weeks without it, and the craving completely disappeared. It'll probably be the same for fast food.

There's nothing wrong with fast food just don't eat too much of it.

it wont take that long but yeah

Imo people who still crave them are undercutting salt and carbs (like eating only salad) so that if you actually eat salted veggies and fruits, the cravings pretty much disappear. As for fat craving, try coconut oil it's super healthy.

Maybe not one exactly but the craving will lessen to a once in a blue moon kind of craving.

I o d i n e
o
d
i
n
e

>try coconut oil it's super healthy
ok mom

Just ask the fast food workers to undercook your shit, suffer through the next day or so of horrible food poisoning and watch as your cravings for said restaurant disappear.

P O T A T O E S

the craving will never truly fade. All you can hope is that you will gain more willpower to resist it.

100%. I had taco bell a month ago and ended it there. Week 2 or so I stopped craving it.

Another user mentioned iodine deficiencies cause the cravings. I grabbed some of that + selenium. Maybe that's part of it? Maybe it's just avoiding the food entirely, or perhaps both?

I honestly still crave Mcdonald's fries so fucking bad sometimes. Like I would legit kill several people to get it once the craving hits full force

something beyond just salt, fat and sugar is in those fries man, I'm telling you

Don't get the idea that you should never eat fast food again, especially if you are used to eating it everyday.

You should actually cheat every once in a while.

Old Mcdonald's fries? Yes

The ones I had most recently were really meh and not worth it. Think they are using a new oil or something but they don't taste the same.

It took me a week so loose any cravings for food purely because it tasted good. My last fast food before my cut was McDonald's and I got a bad burger so I didn't miss it at all.

>amerilard thinks going one month without fast food is an achievement
never gonna make it

Fast food makes a man strong

Look at Jonnie Candito

thanks for this and @op, I'm gonna make it.

It's a scientific fact, not a mom thing dumbass. In countries where they use it as their main fat source like Sri Lanka, heart disease is literally non-existent. It's more than a correlation though, the nature of their fatty acids protect against oxidation whereas omega-6's highly used in NA promote it.

Don't do diet soda, there's proven studies showing that it slows your metabolism far worse then just drinking the sugar.
*I am just some random guy on the internet, feel free to do your own research, I just suggest that you look into at the least.

The craving will stay
I'm lifting for 2 years and following the diet, but ordered some McD today

man I don't understand people who like mcdonalds/junk food, I went to mcdonalds the other day to try this premium burger, it was shit plain and simple, I ordered some mcpatatas (they don't serve them everywhere apparently) and they where the only half decent thing there, they still tasted like they were just defrosted but still bearable, after that I swore that I would never go back again, but I actually did that the last time I went, and the time before that so I know I will end up going in a year or two and have the same shitty experience

no fast food tastes good.

people love them because of psychological reasons and past conditioning.

CHick fil a is good

Once you start liking them, you start loving them. It's an addiction, your body craves the chemicals. That's why I want to "reset" my taste buds, so I can realize just how disgusting this shit is.

You are all talking about the fast food like how i feel about cigarettes.
What the fuck does McDonalds put in their shitty burgers?