/fat/ - All In Your Head Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

cdc.gov/healthyweight/losing_weight/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Skipped the gym yesterday because I had an appointment I couldn't miss.

Walked 5 extra miles (10 miles total) to compensate, which is roughly what I would have done at the gym anyway.

There's no way this is right is there? This satisfied me for the day, and I felt full but it's so little calories, I could've had candy, I didn't, but I feel like I must be inputting things wrong here

Not pictured is two hard boiled eggs for breakfast and a 6inch Turkey and ham sandwich

Did you measure things yourself? If not, it could be inaccurate.
Did you include any fats used for cooking? Could be inaccurate if not.

Or, you could just be fine eating at that amount, which is good. I've been fine doing about 1300cal a day for the past month or so.

>go walk for an hour through my subdivision
>track it with the Samsung Health app
>says I burned 1200 calories

That seems grossly overestimated.

what's that name that fatties gave to eating whatever you want
natural eating I think

In 326 days there hasn't been a single gap in my food diary.
I would like to ditch it eventually, but it's become ingrained in me to log everything that goes into me (no homo).
I don't feel I'm at a point where I can eyeball calories and be comfortable with it.
Will I ever?

thats a big subdivision.

There is no way to perfectly track calories from exercise, unless you were running that whole time I doubt you burned 1200 calories.

I walked 3 miles. A lot of it was uphill though.

Walked. App says my pace was 3.2 MPH.

cdc.gov/healthyweight/losing_weight/index.html

Thoughts?

this is all good advice

Rule of thumb: 100 calories to the mile, whether you are running or walking.

I've been on a good trajectory of weight loss for the past couple of months but I want to gain muscle too. How many reps should I be doing if I want to achieve both? Or is this too vague of a question?

FORGIVE ME FATHER
CHRIST ABOVE

Maybe.

I'm getting to the point where I feel like I could ballpark some things, but definitely not others. I eat a lot of the same foods, though.

You'll be able to eyeball staple foods.
You know how much an egg is, right?
Eventually you get better and better at figuring it out, will still have to periodically check on foods you don't know though.
Just be comfortable that you are eating a good diet and aren't overeating, I rather check my scale once a week and see if my diet is working as opposed to checking every calorie.
If you are gaining weight, then go back into calorie counting for a while.

I'm legit considering purging when I get home seriously, holy fuck

That amount is what I eat everyday, eating satiating foods is much smarter than just eating less.
I've nagged about it for a while but you to fill yourself up you got
>fiber (spinach)
>protein (chicken, turkey, ham)
>fat (mayo)
>volume (assuming soup, probably drinking water throughout the day and tomatoes are good volume for the little calories)

If you have these 4 things checked then you shouldn't feel very hungry, your diet could use a little more fat (more filling) but if you aren't hungry you aren't hungry dude, as long as you are getting more than 1,000 calories a day you SHOULD be getting the necessary nutrients (if you're eating veggies).

You went over 1000 cals, just eat 1300 calories for 5 days and it's like it never happened, learn from your mistakes.

Don't do that, you stupid asshole. Deal with your mistake like a man. Eat a little less over the next few days to compensate.

2800 calories (forgot to include the soda) in one meal? I'm sorry but this time it needs to be done

If you are planning on lifting follow a beginner routine and incorporate cardio into it. If you only do cardio and lose weight you are most likely gonna be skinny fat.

By beginner routine I mean something like ss or sl or even ppl if you have he time

Intuitive eating?

>I can't hack it so I'm going eating disorder mode

Never going to make it.

2800 calories is a lot. But divide it by 7. That's 400. Just add 400 to your deficit for the next week Jesus dude.

yeah that's the one

My diet is 1500 a day, I can't eat 1100 a day that's too little

So eat fucking 1400 a day.

Or stay at 15 and just remember your fuck up.

If you purge, you are walking a path I can't follow (and you will never fucking make it because purging means you aren't actually dealing with your failure, you've learned nothing)

You are trading mental health for VERY minimal physical gains, fucking up your esophagus and teeth for what you could fix with jogging a little more or fucking eating 1400 calories for a while.
Or like the user said, just eat 1500 and know that you are going to have a week of poor results, but will be back on track the next week.

Big problem with the populace of fatties and even Veeky Forums, being so ashamed of failures that you give up or do something retarded.
You get lazy and gain some weight?
Don't give up because you feel bad, get back up on it pussy.
You eat a little too much?
Don't purge you cunt it's unhealthy for mind, body, and soul.

Get mental gains broseph, I just went on a 5 day vacation and fucked up a months of progress.
Should I have not done it?
Absolutely.
Do I feel bad?
Only a little. I can get that progress back within a couple weeks with hard work (not retarded purging) and a couple weeks is no time at all.

By months I meant a single month of progress, could you imagine gaining like 20 pounds in 5 days?

ok does this sound autistic / weird?
lately what has been helping me is whenever I have the temptation to cheat / eat foods I am no supposed to eat, I tell myself (out loud, whisper, or in my head) "no" or "you are not allowed to do that". It fucking works. I used to try to reason with myself as to why cheating wouldn't be good, but now I'm just authoritative with myself.

Hey fatties! Keep going! I believe in you!

Ate 920 calories today, tdee is 2080
gud

people always do mental gymnastics to allow snacking, why not use those techniques the other way round? whatever works for you user

Of course it works! You listen to the things you really think. Actually thinking "do not do this" instead of just being vaguely aware that it would be bad is a pretty different thing.

That's why a lot of people around here have low self esteem. They berate themselves for failure without realizing they are doing far more damage for responding that way. They look for support from the outside when if they just supported themselves they'd be feeling much better.

My belly look like a fucking face
>just

shave your chest and L O N D O N

ugliest pair of tits i've seen

No bully pls :(

>body covered in nigger hair
well at least you got trips I guess

Im italian

What the hell is wrong with your hair

I didn't shave it for 7 months

>harder workout than normal
>hungrier than usual
>eat a bigger dinner than I normally do and feel like I'm about to explode
>447 calories below my calorie requirement to lose 2 lbs a week
Probably explains why I lost 9 lbs in a week, I'm eating way below my TDEE

Another weekend another weekend shitposting on /fat/

im confused
my chicken breast pack says 110cals per 4 oz so my 339 grams/12oz is 330 cals, why is your 200 more?
is it just the brand or am I miss-calculating my chicken?

Maybe he used olive oil and it's part of the total calorie count?

and no, you're not miscalculating, but it can change a little according to the brand.
(100g = 95 kcal, 103 kcal, 110 kcal, etc)

i hope so because i just about panicked thinking i have been eating an extra 200 cals a meal and not realizing it.

Bone and skin, not everybody eats boneless skinless. Or maybe just

I didn't even consider he was eating bone/skin
ok thanks, panic adverted

hi anons, pasta always seems to make me hungry like an hour after eating. I use whole wheat pasta. I'd assume its the carbs, but it seems pasta in particular is bad for it. what can I swap the pasta itself out for? I have it with a bunch of veg and chopped tomatoes and some parmesan.

You could just not swap, and omit it.

Or throw in some meat. Try rice, or beans, or both together.

3 day streak under my limit
best I've done in 4 weeks
little victories

beans sound like a decent substitute. might throw some chicken in too. good ideas, thanks

I don't want to freak you the fuck out but it's boneless skinless

I buy HEB brand and I can't recall seeing the calorie count on the package
I'm gonna be honest with you I always ALWAYS choose the highest calorie count on the tracker even if I know what the packaging says, it helps me out but I don't know my friend

Follow your packaging

You could make zoodles or bake a spaghetti squash. Wheat's glycemic index is astronomical, which is probably why you get hungry.

Yea I rechecked (twice) and it's 4 oz 110 cal and I usually have one breast per meal which is around 10-12 oz for 300ish cals
must be the brand,
for a second i thought i was eating an extra 600-800 a day.

needless to say , was a "holy shit" moment.

can anybody recommend me a protein shake/supplement that has low calories?

good point, totally forgot about veg spaghetti. is there a database for glycemic index anywhere like mfp? could find much except short lists on Google

I heard some brands add water, to increase weight. I guess that could decrease calories per 100g or whatever

Funny I checked my fitness pal and it says the chicken I used is 113 per 4oz. I think it just displays it weird I don't know man

You're fine I'm sure

It's been proved that protein is the macronutrient that fills you up the most, so as other anons said include more meats in your food.

So /fat/ what are some unexpected benefits you've experienced since losing weight? I've significantly cut back on drinking alcohol and fapping

>finally looked at myself in the mirror for the first time in months
Bigger motivation than anything else, fuck I'm fat

Less anxiety and somehow less fapping but only because my endurance is A+ now, so the amount of time is the same.
More and more mires but it seems empty because I feel like they only fetishize my more polarizing traits (really long hair, 6'6", manic).
Need to calm the fuck down and hit the gym though, accomplishing the amount of shit I have done in the past few years gives me confidence but I still will have a panic attack if I step into a library alone.

Just get the purest protein you can. Look on labdoor for the highest purity stuff. You can't break the 3cal/gram limit though so there is a floor there.

I'm sure there is. You really just need to know the high ones though, if it's medium or low you can eat it and be fine.

>I've significantly cut back on drinking alcohol and fapping
I've also stopped drinking almost completely, but I think that's a cause, not an effect. I'm kind of the opposite when if comes to fapping, since I am not allowed to do it unless I stuck to my diet and exercise plan that day. I've lost 15 pounds.

So it seems fucked up bodys and trips are related

I'm down 17 and I think I've cut back because, even though I'm still fat, my self confidence is rising every day I stick to my diet/exercise because plan. I used to get home and pour myself a big glass of whiskey and snap a few off to dull the pain. Now I get home after an 8hour shift and 1 hour of exercise and feel fucking amazing. No need to dull anything so no need to drink. Not sure about the fapping though. Maybe I'm just to worn out after exercising since I exercise right after work from 6-whenever

I was on a water fast for 40 days and lost 10kgs. Now I haven't lost weight for two weeks now. I tried eating again at less than TDEE (Eating 1200 when TDEE is 2000). Still can't lose anything. Is the weight plateau real or just a meme? I thought the whole metabolism slowing down was a meme

>abs no longer visible

I JUST KEEP LETTING ME DOWN
LETTING ME DOWN
LETTING ME DOWN

Man forget about it. Don't eat less to "make it up" or "compensate" shit happens. If you try to "compensate" you are just gonna make yourself want to splurge even harder next time. You messed up today, your goal now is to not mess up tomorrow. If you do, that's okay too. Your in a marathon not a race. Try your best and stick with it.

>abs have never been festival

IT ALL COMES
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN

>water fast
found your problem

>festival

Visible. What the fuck?

Why. Its been proven to be effective

>chocolate thunder from down under

What literal shitposter decided to name a food item after what sounds like a hilarious euphemism for explosive shits?

AND WHO APPROVED IT?

I'm in the same boat. Was eating really low calories per day on keto and my weight hasn't moved in a week while eating well under TDEE. I guess the metabolism just needs time to get used to it again or some shit.

>not showing abs off at a festival
I wish that I could turn back time
'cause now the guilt is all mine
can't live without the abs from those gains you love.

Week to week fluctuations should not be worried about, most likely just water weight/shit weight.
Once you hit over 2 weeks is when you should readjust.

10kg for 40 days of water fasting? That's unusually slow. Did you do any exercise?

>lost a shit ton of weight
>people waaay fatter than I trying to give me advice on dieting
>they're getting bigger
>I'm making gainz

No exercise. Had a few cheat days in between. Lel

I always feel bad when i look at this thread

Lose weight is hard when you are fat, you have to change many things and do many sacrifices

Hope you people all make it

Blessings

>I thought the metabolism slowing down was just a meme

You could've lost 10kg in as much time by just a sensible diet and exercise, but you played yourself.

Jesus, and you didn't even actually do it for at long as you said? Why the fuck didn't you just eat at a deficit?

Thanks for the support ,it's sad some people actively hate this thread.

I'm down 50 lbs in 5 months, feeling great.

320 today, no change from yesterday, V5lbs from start.

3.2mi on treadmill today, 23.8mi overall.

Found out I have a tiny chance of getting to run a leg of the Olympic torch lighting ceremony. That would be really cool.

I love you /fat/ bros

I've been visiting Veeky Forums for a long time and these threads are great, particularly the fat Wojak oc's.

I hope you all make it, I went vegan a few months ago and if I were to give some advice to help with weight loss it's "fill up on vegetables". I struggled with getting under my calories until I went high fiber, now I'm fine.

GET OUT FAST FOOD REEEEEEEE

Your weight, right now.

300 starting end of June, 276 since I weighed myself last week. Hopefully less by this Wednesday when I weigh myself again.

Whole Food Plant Based #1

and?

148 kg. Though I'm about to get up for work and might weight myself in a sec.

time for that 48 hrs fast bros, uncontrollable urges result in yet another binge fest

when will my body realize no, no you don't need three sandwhiches, a bowl of cereal and blueberries, a donut, half a cookie, some blended strawberries and coconut milk, bacon and egg bites, a bowl of leftover goulash-

my fucking god i'm disgusting holy fucking shit my ancestors look down upon me with shame in their eyes, as they search for the rest of my family but can't even see them due to my massive fucking size and degeneracy

band camp in five days, visible abs still within reach, let's go /fat/, it's time to
>kick it into high gear

86 kg but some of It might be water weight since I had a fuckton of simple carbs and sugar the past few days

I don't know. I can never know.

I gain three pounds every second. Soon, my love handles will consume the bay area.

>gain three pounds every second
thats about 3.90 usd for you burgers