/plg/ Power Lifting General

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B6MgarMJ_3ifWlpJTUFGc2h3Tmc/view
youtube.com/watch?v=dlHBXrO9tU0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

perro caca

Mine heart

I'm in such a difficult position in my life!!!

Talk to us about user

I don't know what job to chose and get stuck in a 3 year commitment with.
Or if I wait a year and "attempt" to get the job I wanted with no guarantee.

I don't know what to chose and I'm running out of time

need to get to 10%, have been dieting for a few months

but i really just want to eat a surplus to support my training and get strong

Do something you like, so maybe something fitness related. You can become a physical therpist for example.

Or if it doesnt matter if you like the job or not and you just want to get by, do accounting.

Oh perhaps I was too vague. Basically I'm about to sign a 3 year contract, and there are about a dozen roles to chose from.
The role I wanted, I failed to get and can't reapply for 12 months, and even then I'm not guaranteed to past the entrance exams if I do wait.

So my plan is to take a 3 year contract and then try again for my dream position in 3 years.

Out of the dozen positions to chose from I don't know what I'll enjoy.
I don't know why I'm even telling you because you can't chose for me I guess.

What type of positions/jobs are there?

You can tell me anything user, talk your heart out, i will always be there for you.

Hey guys I'm a new trip, Natty!

I'm a girl, my lifts are 315/220/415 @ 180

I also like to draw!

Have any proof?

hi natty, it's nice to meet you :)

Post webm of lifts nerd

No webms yet, but you can have one of my cartoons

Hi

No vid no did

Why would I post my video in a sex offenders rehabilitation general?

this is why everybody makes fun of this general

Because if you're going to attention whore you can't half-ass it

we are good people here

Whats this? A man jealous of my strength? Oh

stu mcgill's big three - how many times a week? any other stu mcgill memes i should be doing to prevent back injury?

Piss off perverts

>Wanting someone to post proof of themselves when people have claimed to be someone else that they aren't repeatedly on this general
>Perverted
Fuck off

You fools it was me all along

Where'd you find those cancerous comics?

Female """"""""""humor""""""""""

Nattycomics.com

I love Robert Weissman and I don't care who knows!

to reiterate; this is why everybody makes fun of this general

Nobody cares dino

drive.google.com/file/d/0B6MgarMJ_3ifWlpJTUFGc2h3Tmc/view

This is the author

Nobody cares Dino

Nobody cares dino

Nobody cares dino

Wouldve been nice to have a drawfag in plg :(

We have one dino you newfag

If you count tracing that is

Opinions on these? I've read the heel is squishy which is making me hesitant to buy them but I want a shoe with less heel height than the typical .75

I wish rogue would just make those do wins again

I want to switch from benching/squatting/deadlift

Into

Ohp/squat/clean
For rugby

Thing is,my squat is advanced lv (5+ pl8 high bar oly-style), though my clean lags behind at 2.5 pl8, my OHP is left behind by a fucking mile where it sits at 1pl8 barely even though i bench 3 pl8 for reps

How do into programming with such massives differences between lifts?

wtf i was OHPing 135 for reps when I benched 225x1, and I didn't even train OHP

42th for sheiko

Any easy tips for knowing when your squat form is good?
Like lining you feet to the mat or something

Your options basically boil down to hitting your weak spots more. Maybe work on just maintaining your squat while looking to improve your clean and OHP by hitting them more frequently. Looking at ratios for squat:clean and bench:press you should have a lot of room for improvement in those lifts off your base strength. Sure ratios aren't perfect and there's a lot of variation between individuals, but they give you a rough target.

Aside from hitting cleans/OHP more frequently, you might look to working in push press, jerks, and C&J.

classic sean

Why plates are colorful?

Are those the Powerlift 3.0? I have the 2.0, and they're a perfectly adequate shoe. I'm pretty sure the 3.0 is mostly the exact same shoe.

Anyone saying the sole compresses is a jew trying to sell you $200 shoes you don't need.

Get cancer

Big waits for big weights

Can't wait to bench in 10 hours from now!!

I'm so excited :)))

Try some Texas Method. And switch to low bar squats.

You can do Power Cleans 5x3 on Volume day, do OHP on Volume and Intensity day ever week, doing moderately taxing close grip bench 3x8 for your pressing activity on Light day, add 5x8 dips to either Volume or Intensity day towards the end of your workout, and probably curls 3-4x10 at the end of both VD and ID.

If you INSIST on high bar squatting for some reason, a 4 day TM/split kind of deal might be better, to let you get more hip extension type training in. For instance, on Monday do your 5x5 squats, then something like SLDL or good mornings for sets of 5, then barbell curls 3-4x10. On Tuesday, do your OHP 5x5, then power cleans (probably 5x3), and then dips 5x8. Rest on Wednesday. Thursday do heavy squats (5 RM, 5x1, a couple doubles, a double and a triple, something like that), drink some milk, and do heavy deadlifts (5RM, 3x1, a heavy triple, a couple doubles, etc). Probably best to rest on Friday after this, then on Saturday do heavy OHP, followed by close grip bench for sets of 8-10 as you prefer, and possibly some more curls. If you INSIST on "ab work," Roman Chair sit ups can be done after everyone on Saturday.

And do the Rippetoe Standing Bench Press OHP for max realizable strength gains.

All this is, of course, training for the off season. Actual gym work is going to have to be cut back heavily when you're practicing multiple times a week and then in a violent car wreck on Saturday

haha ok raffy

Yeah the 3.1s actually

How much do you squat? I was reading at 405+ the compression starts to happen. And most of my working sets are in that range

Any veganbros powerlift?

How'd you into rugby user?

whats the diff between 3.0 and 3.1?

for pic related, what is the prescribed rest time?

No idea. New color ways only probably

who here /squattingeveryday/?

My best squat is 272.5 kg

ok raffy

Is this a good form?
youtube.com/watch?v=dlHBXrO9tU0

What did the fat powerlifter mean by this?

He could probably stand to use a slightly wider grip on the clean, just to help with racking, and he pressed out the first jerk, but nothing he did was too tragic

nice doggo

Me.

PLOP PLOP SPUTTER PLOP

Sean o'neil is dropping out of my butt right now. Wet, stinky, creamy even?

This will be a multi wiper for sure.

Time to flush these turds back to toronto.

droppin some Norman Khan into the toilet

First three turds came flying out

Not sure if I need to dispose of any more khan at this point

Think I'll wait another five on the toilet and see if anything else comes out

ditch that routine I got a new better one coming up

so that doesnt work?

That guy doesn't even lift.

yup

Wow rude. I used to be able to do 12 reps, i just stopped cause i didnt like them and they went to shit.
Testing rep max today BTW.

I think that volume is too high in the later weeks yall probally cant recover from it

imagine posting the same plain shitposts year after year
now imagine living in toronto
on top of that imagine being a fucking paki named sean

36 bodyweight pullups is nothing.

Why am I racist? That guy looks cool but the fact that he's brown upsets me

>that guy looks cool
Dont be fooled by his teddybear appearance
he is a narcissistic alcoholic weak faggot

Where did you get this

Doxed!
Sean btfo!

I have to be a man and it's HARDER than I thought

so where is the new chinup progress routine?

I test my chin-ups today and whatever number decides the fate of the chin-up program.

So you better pray for me

Tell us about it, Manchild

ok ok ok here it is

ive been thinking for a while, and I came to a conclusion to make a 'program', well more a guideline that is self adjusting. To make something self adjusting we need to test your max reps every session. After your max we go to backoff sets

so first thing you do is
1x max reps
whatever number you hit, multiply by 2, this is the total rep goal for your back off sets. Lets say I hit a 4 rep max on chinups, so right after I do 8 total backoff reps, reminder to do these in a very submaximal way, 8 sets of 1 or 4 sets of 2 is a good goal. If your max doesnt go up from session to session up the total reps, could be anywhere from 2 to 5. Adjust rest times to difficulty

to sum it up(yeah im bad at formatting sorry)

how to increase chin/pull up guideline

1 or 2 times week
1xAMRAP followed by max reps * 2 for total reps in very submaximal sets

GODdamn im smart

Forgot to note that to adjust it to obeseness or twinkness when calculating total reps for the backoff sets you could multiply it anywhere from 1,5 to 2,5 just try the 2 first and see how you recover

Okay does this work on weighted pullups?
grizzly bears
Like adding 2.5kg when I reach 10 reps and starting over?

Dear chin-up guy. I got 7 chin-ups after 95% bench.

so if every week i can only do an amrap set of 6 bw chinups , theres basically no increase on a weekly basis

They're just chinups.

All you have to do is do them every day.

it would depend on how much you do weighted

nice
you do amrap of 6, and then you do backoff sets with 12 total reps

if next time you still get 6 then you basicly up the total reps so volume goes up. Also monitor weight everytime because this can impact your progression

grease the groove works indeed, some dont have a pullupbar at home and/or are lazy so this is for them

whats the new chin-up program for my new 7rm?

see>42472014

The deal was you spoon feed me and do the calculations for me

Seated rows are the best

what do i get out of it

What do you want?

my squat 1rm is 3pl8 and i've been lifting since november last year

can i save this doggo user?

november 2016?