Have a penis

>have a penis
>taking ballet
Tell me what I'm in for

All the

Hey OP
Ex male ballet dancer here. was at the professional level in russia.

Its gunna be way harder than you expect. And in a very strange way. none of the technical training involved is gunna make sense to you in the beginning. Stick with it, and enjoy the potential gains that you cant even imagine

protip. if you a serious about studying it, dont study ballet at one of the 'local ballet studios'. they have no idea what they are talking about/doing/teaching etc. they just dont know what to look for regarding proper technique. if you sre really serious (especially if you are a guy, and have some natural talent) there are TONS of major schools that will want to scoop u up and train u. most likely for free, giving u a scholarship, depending on your body type, natural flexibility, proportions, height, legs, feet, etc

btw. what country are you in?

If you're looking for social interaction with ladies, take "modern dance" or something less intense. I took a class and it was alright at least.

I'm not nearly as serious about this at all as you are and I'm too old for it even if I wanted to be.

I'm in the US and just wanted my workouts to be prettier and graceful and as a complement to other hobbyist level dance training.

But now I'm curious about your experiences in the Russian ballet scene and would like to hear about it

I'm 5'9 and otter mode I guess?

there's two outcomes and they really depend on you
>be young faggy looking twink
>get bullied relentlesly
or
>be atheltic adult who can dance
>swin in batshit crazy dancer pussy

>Tell me what I'm in for
Pussy, a fuckton of pussy

youll have really nice feet

Pussy and snide remarks

>be young faggy looking twink
That's kinda my goal though so great?

>get bullied relentlessly
Nah I'm not in high school

>Nah I'm not in high school
then you good nigga, you're in the second category

>OP is a faggot declining pussy and lifting
abort thread

I would rather do 5 years hard labor than ballet.

Not because I think its girly, but the labor would be easier. You're gunna have toes of stone.

is it true that all ballet males are homosexual?

also what about anorexia and bulimia in the media?

>fantasize about become an amazing dancer
>have never danced in my life
I envy you, OP.

many are, but much less than you would think.
the male ballet culture is actually very jock'ish, and machismo. prob due to that many of the things that males have to do in ballet have to do with jump (how high you can jump plays a huge factor for males in ballet, so alot of it becomes a bro'y competition between classmates, who can do this particular jump higher, or who can do this trick better)
and another of lifting girls overhead (the partnering aspect). there are many different overhead lifts that guys have to do with girls, many of them one handed, straight press, etc. again, so a lot of the time it will devolve into a bro competition of who can do what lifts, with what girl, who is stronger, etc.

as for the second question. unfortunately thats pretty much the case, ESPECIALLY with girls.. rarely with guys. but girls get really insane....i remember, there was a fad that swept my academy, that in order to 'lose weight' (obviously these girls were already on the frighteningly slim side) they would only eat one snickers bar the entire day, and thats it. breaking it up throughout the day

man just go for it!
what you can do, is look for something call an 'Open Class'
those are classes for people that dont really have any training, or arent doing it seriously, and you can just hop in and take a class!

>That picture

God knows I would

What kept you sticking with ballet?

Yo feet is gonna be fucked up lookin like you pissed off some hammer happy mobsters and you're gonna spend a bitchton on shoes. Good for boosting agility but you're gonna have hooves for feet, breh.

Source: I banged out bitches who did ballet since they were kids and they feet was god damned horrible.

thanks for response

will a 27 years old, 105Kg powerlfiter be successful in ballet? or maybe is better to have it like a hobbie

you kids talk like such faggots on here it's unbelievable

It's probably going to be hard as hell for you trying to move all that mass around, but it'll be a good compliment to lifting. It'll help your flexibility, mobility, and control, all of which transfer over to lifting. Yoga is also good for the same reason.

>grew up always wanting to do ballet
>my two older sisters both did it
>I wasn't allowed to because my dad didn't want me to be gay
>forced into soccer, baseball, basketball and football
>did poorly in all them
>have high arches (I've been told this is perfect for ballet) and I'm very flexible
>I'm now too old and too stiff to ever get into ballet
>Even if I did, I would be too insecure in my masculinity to enjoy it

I was born to do ballet, dad, not play football. Why couldn't you understand that?

To make things worse, I now see pictures of male ballet dancers on instagram. They are living the life I always wish I could've had.

well, it depends on what you mean by successful,
if you mean, simply -will you be able to do it-, then of course, you will be able to do a ballet class reasonably sucessfully. (of course not the same as someone that has been doing it for years and years

but can someone that has never deadlifted before, deadlift the same way that someone has been deadlifting for years and years? of course not. give it time, and there really is no limit to how good you can get

Am a ballet grill ama

it was honestly just that I was naturally disposed to be good at it. so i had natural talent, and the bodily facilities for it. and it just opened doors on its own.

and also vanity...i was the most vain mother fucker ever, when i look back on those days.

you train 6-10 hours a day, in front of a mirror, looking at yourself, training your physique and more importantly technique. = vanity that is unparalleled by any other discipline. serious professional ballet is the pinnacle of seeking an ideal aesthetic of form. (perhaps besides aesthetic bodybuilding)

how uncomfortable would a male or tranny ballerinos/ballerinas make you feel in your classes

thats not true for males. they dont wear the same type of shoes that females wear

for females, it for sure true. their feet get fucked up beyond belief. but fuck me i like it. (fetish??

Is it common for older (20+) people to try ballet or is it mainly dancers that got into it as kids who keep doing it?

>their feet get fucked up beyond belief. but fuck me i like it. (fetish??
Sounds about right, foot binding used to be a thing

What this user saidIf I'm 21 would it be weird to try dance/ballet? Is there anyway to get placed in a class with grills like anywhere from 6-12yo?
Asking for a friend.

why didnt you just tell him you were gay
then you could have done it