Be honest

Did you start lifting for girls? I bet it was a major factor for at least 75% of this board.

I started liftin for boys

I started lifting when i was already in a relationship so not really
The reason was and still is,that i didn't want to be a weak fuck anymore

I just wanted something pretty to accompany my pretty face when looking in the mirror really, I spend at least a good one hour daily looking at myself.

I started lifting because I hated the way I look in the mirror. Getting girls was definitely an after-thought

I don't know how so many guys can stand being fat/skinny fat, never going back.

No, I am not single. I started lifting because I suffer from depression and it's the only thing that keeps me in check. If people find me more attractive then it's a bonus.

No not at all

I started lifting to beat the shit out of people who wrong me. I also started lifting to be more attractive. You could say that makes it technically lifting for women, but it's actually more of a power thing in sex.

Started lifting because I was forced to in HS football

SHUT UP

i started when i was a kid to feel older/more manly, then later more reasons came up including girls, to be stronger than other guys for respect, for aesthetic reasons, health, but mostly just because its a habit now than helps me feel good in life. outside of being crippled or something, i genuinely can't envision ever stopping lifting at this point, its ingrained in me on such a deep level that i'd feel incomplete without it.

Started lifting to spite my ex

Then I got way better looking than her and did looksmaxing, got good hair and clothes

Then I said fuck it and majored in finance to get a top tier investment banking job out of school that'll show that bish

Then I started getting involved in philanthropy to show everyone I'm a better and more moral person than her

Then I cultivated a social media profile, etc...

Still hate her. Every day I'm driven to be successful to spite her. One day I really think I can be a US senator and on my death bed, when people ask why I did it, I'm going to say

"Fuck [ex's name here]. She sucks so bad."

I don't lift... so no.

What are you here?
Running, body weight?

Started lifting for a specific girl, continued for myself.

I started lifting so that I could feel better about myself and to try to get some confidence so that I could get girls. So in a way, yes. Still no gf tho :(

Fht

How petty of you.

But then again, some people do say that we shouldn't expect every human in the world to be as magnanimous as gods

I started getting in shape because of a chick.
Then I found out I was just being used to get could get her non-committal boyfriend of 5 years to propose.

Now I get in shape to get chicks into me then bail, leaving them shattered.

No. I just wanted to be big

>used to get could get her

Wow what the fuck is wrong with my hands.

She literally doesn't give a fuck, that's the sad part.

yes, I'm now a healthy weight/attractivish and still no real success because of zero confidence

I don't know how I fuck it up, ive been on like 10 first dates now never had more than 3 with someone

No girl over the age of 21 gets "shattered" from one night stands buddy. You would know that if you actually get laid.

I'm here because this thread presumed that I probably lift for women. I do not. I was stating that fact and explaining part of the reason why.

Yes, I run and do yoga and rock climb.

Yeah. I was getting chubby and feeling bad and I realized no one would be attracted to me if I didn't shape up.
So I started running and then starting lifting.
Now I'm looking better but I need to get laid man holy shit.

Started for the girls, stayed for my shoulders.

I started lifting so I could unironically cosplay captain america.

No I started because Im a manlet and I wanted to join the Army. It worked, now I just lift out of boredom mostly.

You're probably right. They're all venomous, soulless creatures after all.

what the fuck is that word

Be me
Live in nowhere town, nothing to do
Friend took me to gym
Started lifting because it is something to do
Enjoyed it
Got stronger
Developed mild addiction
Moved away, kept lifting though
Never got good looking
Still single

I just want people to be intimidated by me

I pretty much only go to the gym now because it's the only time I get out of the house and get to look at pretty girls

>he couldn't be assed to look up a word he doesn't understand on Google

Me and a few bros started lifting mostly to try and get pussy in highschool. After building a reputation as big guys (for you) around school we then realized that simply being big wouldn't get us laid. A few people then quit and got into dudeweedlmao and started spending most of their time getting stoned with people. They did get laid, though. I'm posting here so I think you can fill in the blanks on what it did for me.

Now I lift to try and channel hatred and sadness into something sort of productive. It's going great so far.

I regretted being in certain girls.

I never regretted being in a gym.

started lifting because i was 6'1" with 11 inch flabby pipecleaner arms and looked like i had recently been reanimated

now i'm 6'3.5" with 17.5 inch arms that are one of my best features

no i started lifting when i was 19, i already gave up on my chances of having sex with women at that point.

height gains how?

Dying your hair grey, why?

Negative, I began lifting so that my vessel would be capable of satisfactorily enacting my will upon the world so that I might one day be your god emperor and lead the sentient pudding pops of the world in to glorious gains.

real answer: started lifting at 16 and am now 21
meme answer: inverse-squats

yes, this girl used to always say she liked me but I was too thin to date...it motivated me to bulk up. ran into her a few years later pumped up at a bar, she still wanted nothing to do with me. in fact she went home with a different guy that night. I cried myself to sleep after dreaming about how different things would be the next time we meet with my newfound gains. it really hasn t changed anything overall except few more 'mires but really hasn t been a big game changer.

Used tobe skinny fat. Started by just getting skinny, now slowly bulking

Dunno if it makes me gay but I just lifted for aesthetics. Was sick of being ashamed every time I took my shirt off.

I started lifting because I wanted to look good, and was mad at how many beta males are out there today. Decided to take it upon myself to be a symbol of masculinity.

boy i get hard for platinum hair

No.

I started lifting when i was 15.
Was tired of being skinny, i wanted to be like batista and lashley from wwe.
People used to look past me and push me around, girls wouldn't talk with me and shit.
I started lifting because i wanted to be fucking muscular, most importantly i wanted to be respected.
First year i was lifting for aetshtetics, i was 16 so it was some fucked brosplit.
But i over ate so instead of being ottermode i was fat with some chest and traps.
No teenage girl wants a dyel tom hardy.
So i forgot about women and started to lift for strength, so far it is working out well, but i am starting to get mires form drunk girls and sober guys.
I wonder if it would be easier if i was gay annon,

i started lifting at 25 i had gain some weight and started getting random headaches. At first i could ignore them but eventually they became a problem. Once i started having a healthy lifestyle they went away. I have no idea if it was the change or if it just went away.

It was part of the reason I said it was god, country, my race and girls

of the happiest most blissful periods of my life was towards the end and after hell week for football in hs

just the way i'd wake up, so blissful and rested, i'd stretch my body and every single inch of it felt good. working out felt good, it wasn't the strongest i ever was but it definitely was the most fit
why can't i let that be very meaningful to me?

>not using weed for bulk gains
Pity.
But seriously I hang out with people who smoke (if they aren't losers they actually throw some big parties) and I only take a toke every few hours, barely get high at all and I get to mingle.
Only group of people I can actually just sit down with and talk and listen to music.

lmao make some fucking brain gains
>>>the library

I started lifting for wrestling in highschool. Getting grills was easy before lifting. Was an emo boy twink.

I lift because I don't have friends and it was a way to not become depressed.

This. Tired of being a skinny faggot.

High standards?

Yes

I started Iifting for girIs, and i'm stiII Iifting for girIS, so fucking what?

Was a skeleton then puberty hit and with access to easy money I became a fat fuck who couldnt do one pushup. Fearing for my gym grades I started going to the gym. Thats the only reason really.

It's not about how you start, its about how you finish :^)

I started lifting to make myself feel better, so I would feel more worth of women. In a way, I kind of do lift for women, but not directly for them. I lift to feel better about myself so I can feel more confident around girls, not to impress girls because I know they don't really care that much about muscles and low bodyfat, they kind of do, but not enough for it to be a huge issue.

I recently got back into working out because I fell in love with a girl I was very close with and that went to fucking hell so I start doing sets of pushups whenever the suicide ideation creeps in

I did but my sex drive has plummeted recently, kind of concerned about my test levels as I had pubescent gyno

>Lifting
leads to
>Strength
leads to
>Confidence
leads to
>Charisma
leads to
>Girls

in a certain way, yes

Fuk off weeb

Nah, I was always good looking and good at talking to girls
I started at 15 because I wanted to supplement my track training and then I heard about Zyzz and thought being jacked looked cool as fuck which further motivated me
My motivation to get huge has gone but I still lift for health and sports

No l started lifting cause l wanted to get stronger and bigger,lm kinda handsome so girls were i terested in me allready

>Knee bone
connected to
>Thigh bone
connected to
>Hip bone
connected to
>Boner bone
connected to
>Girls

Nope, I started lifting to be able to beat the shit out of my drug addict dad.

I lift for girls and there's nothing you can do to stop me, damn it!

Drug Addict Dad has the acronym DAD.

I started lifting because I watched my two overweight parents be miserable all the time. Now everytime I call my dad he talks about how he's spent over a quarter of a million on medical equipment for my mom.

do 2d girls count?

Nope. Did it for strength.

i started lifting cuz my puss smelled like garb
now it smells like feces
thanks assholes

I started lifting for the girls, yes.

I started lifting out of revenge because my oneitis dumped me so I wanted to win her back. But now I feel great going deep on lmao3plaet.
There was a corner where all the big guys hung out in. They've left, now I'm the big guy

Nah. I had to start at age 14 for football. I saw some arm defintition for the first time in my life and became obsessed with it.

lmao all this work for a girl that doesn't give a fuck about you anyway lol

I didn't start lifting for a Girl. I started lifting for a Gurriel. Yuli to be exact. My gay boyfriend.

Based Yuli

literally me

>Did you start lifting for girls?
LOL maybe when I was a KID. That was decades ago though. Being an ADULT, I know that's bullshit, doesn't work, so if you're not improving your athleticism for yourself and only yourself, then you're a fool. Women want INTERESTING and INTELLIGENT guys, with sense of HUMOR, makes them LAUGH and ENJOY themselves. Sure, they like PRETTY boys, but if in the first 5 minutes you can't say or do things that INTEREST her, then you're DOOMED and may as well just excuse yourself and walk away.

Seriously, you guys on Veeky Forums place way too much importance on 'getting a girlfriend', unironically, and what's really ironic about that is by doing so you're actually SABOTAGING yourselves so thoroughly that women will NEVER want to get with you. You have to be CHILL and do things that interest YOU, get educated, become a WORTHWHILE person for someone to invest time in. Just being a half-erect PENIS on legs that stares autistically at womenl, with a thin line of DROOL running down the corner of your mouth ain't going to get you anywhere, laddies.

This POST made me KEK

Started lifting because my new friends did, then I surpassed them on all levels except physical and became a player who doesnt really lift nor am I shredded but still I get a lot of nice girls since personality improvent.

Gotta work out that confidence if you want them girls, but dont stay dyel though

>not dying your hair gray

I see based Yuli 81 times a year

I started lifting when my ex fiance cheated on me
So maybe?

I want this picture but uncensored and google is being fucking terrible... anyone halp?

I Actually started lifting when I was in a relationship to improve myself and my toxic succubus gf at the time hated it.

I started lifting one holiday because I was bored and my friend proposed that, since we had talked about this some time before. Girls like muscles, but that's just a bonus, I still lift 3 years later because I genuinely enjoy it.

I'm married, so no, I didn't start lifting for girls. I started lifting because I got chubby and wanted to look aesthetically pleasing.

I got raped and was tired of feeling so vulnerable, so no. It's just a nice bonus.

Started lifting because I'd wake up with back and neck pains every morning, and I was 191cm/65kg and looked like a total skeleton plus I felt extremely weak for my height.

Now I'm 84kg and feel and look much better, still my final goal is to reach 100kg.

Story?

That's more of a side affect, I started to get comfortable in my body. Being fat since you were a little kid does some weird things to your psyche

I want to see your face now

I was sad after a break up and thought it would help me get over my ex and make me more attractive to other girls