"Fat Studies" is returning to Oregon State University

campusreform.org/?ID=9570

>"Fat Studies" is returning to Oregon State University next spring, when students will be able to earn three credits to explore “forms of activism used to counter weightism perpetuated throughout various societal institutions.”
>“My course now frames body image disturbances more as a function of oppressive societal structures than of individual pathology," Patti Lou-Watkins explains in a 2012 academic journal article.

>Oregon State University will offer a spring course on “fat studies” in order to teach students how “weight-based oppression” is a “social justice issue.”

>According to a syllabus for the course obtained by Campus Reform, students will examine “body weight, shape, and size as an area of human difference subject to privilege and discrimination that intersects with other systems of oppression based on gender, race, class, age, sexual orientation, and ability.”

>“I grew to embrace feminist pedagogy in terms of course content as well as classroom practices,” she explains. “My course now frames body image disturbances more as a function of oppressive societal structures than of individual pathology."

>The three-credit course, however, is not the only of its kind at OSU, with another class called “Women, Weight, and Body Image” similarly examining “weightism as a system of oppression that interacts with other systems of oppression” such as “sexism, racism, classism, heterosexism, ableism, and ageism.”

This is what academic feminism looks like. This is what the best and brightest, most educated feminists in the nation teach their """students"""

This is an actual course taught at a public university. This is what Oregon is spending their tax dollars on.

Students are spending their parents money to take this course. Students are going into debt to take this course.

This is what modern victim culture has lead to.

Just look at all of the real resources for this real course!

Welcome to [current year] anons

Has college become a meme? I wanna go for kinesiology but socially Im an outspoken person with right leaning views and I'd hate to get booted out for "hate speech" or "wrongthink"

It all depends on where you go and who you hang out with. But if you study a real major you should be fine. The SJWs have a lot of influence but most students secretly hate them

This is why the US is "anti-intellectual". Because these are the kind of fucknuts who see themselves as intellectuals. End the federal funding for this shit.

You'll be pretty safe if you just keep your opinions to yourself. Also depends on the college.

I had a lot of based professors throughout my biology major including one discussing hypergamy in female humans. Definitely depends on your major

Thanks obama

>I stand

Only when you have to.

>I stand because everytime I have to get back up is a struggle

They are strong independent women who don't need no man
But they do need to crowdsource getting up off the fucking ground

If you do kinesiology then you better prepare to become an athletic training slave for no pay for your whole undergrad career or have a significant disadvantage when applying to pt school

Is Oregon State a meme school? Why would anyone other than delusional fatties take this class?

>implying half the colleges in the country don't have a bunch of delusional fatties now
also non-fat feminists might take it too. Making other women fatter still helps them by lowering standards for women even more than they already are

I thought I would hate Women Studies, but it was one of the best courses. But it required the teacher to be respectful of other people's ideas. In my class people were yelling and blaming each other daily. The teacher was so far left and power-bottom gay, but would play devil's advocate for both sides.

>Day 1 the teacher asked us to get out a sheet of paper and stereotype everybody in the room.
>I didn't hold back
>He then collected the papers and began reading them outloud.
>First paper read
>She looks like a nice person
>this was the moment I knew I fucked up
>Second paper read
>he looks like he'd be willing to help you out with anything if you asked nicely
>oh man I fucked up
>my paper is up
>the teacher looks like a power-bottom
>skinny black dude with a rolling backpack in college, too easy
>only a lesbian because her strong female role model of a single mother wasn't a good teacher and forgot to mention male influences can also be beneficial to her over the past 20years
>that guy will drug your drunk, 4 out of 5 chances he gets
>oh hell, it's the typical annoying girl * 3 trope
>finally ended it on
>guy with a ponytail? What a fag.
>I was the guy with the ponytail
>the entire semester, they all tried to find out who that prick was that did it

The chaos was amazing. Never would have taken it if it weren't required for multicultural credits, but still, it was an enjoyable class. But these don't look like the kinds of classes that foster independent thought, but rather, just blaming their fridge of genetics.

And not without assistance

I'm going there this year. Definitely not a meme school, and it's really good for engineering which is what I'm studying. This fat studies shit is cancer though.

>But these don't look like the kinds of classes that foster independent thought
Virtually no women's studies courses do. You had a very rare exception. Most women's studies professors are just trying to brainwash students into their cult, and the people who major in women's studies are only looking for somebody to affirm their belief that men are evil and the world is out to oppress women.

lel

I'd love to a slender, toned, attractive female and attend these classes wearing the bare minimum which the school will allow, just so I can enjoy oppressing my thin priviledge on everyone.

>crowdsource getting up off the ground

my fucking sides

Kek

>americans

Saved

the only reason you should attend a college is to study engineering or computer science

imo these trades should have seperately funded institutions too, but apparently i'm a tard

I mean objectively it is a social issue and if you are studying social science then it is a worthy issue.
Not saying I agree with their shit though.

>respecting people for their shapes and sizes
Okay not butthurt at that.
>internal hunger cues, nutrition, and pleasure
At least they are honest with pleasure. Evolution doesn't result in bodies that are healthy in every environment, internal health cues are shit and you said pleasure and nutrition in the same sentence, these people are not nutritious.
>weight bias is not indicative of health behaviors
It is as we call in real science "a direct correlation", the other shit is stereotypes and discriminatory. True sometimes but people should try to strive to be less judgemental.

There are some shared relationships but it's important to remember fat people are in charge of many fields (and in the country at some positions), they are not heavily discriminated against. Comparing your feefees to blacks being beat to death and hanged is shitty.

It is greater for women but that's because men are so visual.
Don't know where this "on par with race" comes from.

Continuing my autism.

Not at all, I have a professor that would jokingly say sand niggers.
Only social programs are like that but not even as bad as you think, I took many music electives for fun and they were far more tame than the internet wants you to believe.

Always was curious women's studies were a thing, at least as a major.
I can see the justification for a social science major with specialization in sexism or something but women's studies seems overly specialized and skewed toward half of the population.

>college compsci
just as retarded as most of the liberal arts

Depends on the concentration. Not the guy you're responding to, but my focus is cybersecurity which is probably more down to earth than the software design and learning technologies people

Americans please tell me this is fake

>counter weightism perpetuated throughout various societal institutions

What is weightism?

Does this refer to the huge body of evidence that being overweight increases the risk of all sorts of diseases like diabetes and heart-related diseases?

Macquarie university. Literally Australia's equivalent to community college

Why hate Australian uni's become so shit m8?
Where did we go wrong?

>tfw you will never be walking down the hall with powdered donut stains on your pants and mustard stains on your shirt when the crew team comes out and asks your tubby asks where you are going and you respond "fatso studies"

It's not just us anymore user. The fatness is spreading. Most western countries have already been taken over by feminism, HAES is soon to follow

>analyze size as a social justice issue at the intersection of oppression
>author of the struggle to re-define fat identity

I don't even know what to say at this point anymore

Yes lets teach people that being fat is fabulous when it causes diabetes, heart disease and makes you less attractive to the opposite gender (obviously they delusionaly think this is something they can change if they bitch long enough).

Oh, and they are both fat and women, what a surprise

more

More like dickinwifesson

>Weight discrimination has increased exponentially over the past decade

Gravitational force is a constant, last I checked.

heartily kekd

bumping because not ready for thread to die yet

>Massey University
seems about right

>Substantia
Kek

You're 5'8 and have a 300 ng/dl test level don't you?

Nothing is more oppressive to fat people than the actual physical weight of their own bodies. Yet it never occurs to them to lose weight. Indeed, they CHOOSE to be oppressed every time they pick up a fork. So why is it society's fault?

6'6" and 220 lbs actually (not that heavy I know, I try to stay lean).
Can I ask what particular thing you disagree with cunt?

>literally citing Tumblr blogs

What the hell is y'all's problem? This is just abortion 2.0. Let em gorge themselves until they die at 30. This is natural selection sped up by stupidity. Death is better than a stupid tax anyways.

the upside is that you can still get a decent job with it even if the coursework is trash

Tess Holliday has two kids. A lot of fatties reproduce before they die. And with colleges literally teaching courses telling women to get fatter, it just skews the already skewed standards so normal guys feel like they have to settle for a fat girl

I know I'm just being bitter, but so what? Only a fool could fall for this. Besides, they'll all answer for it in the end.

THINK OF THE CHILDREN

>guys feel like they have to settle for a fat girl

There a plenty of guys out there with a bbw fetish, who prefer fat girls.

That's the thing, guys have a lot of different preferences when it comes how girls should look, but it doesn't work the other way around.

You really care about the offspring of stupid people? I know it's nature and nurture, but we might as well spend more resources nurturing those with favorable natures. When you standardize things they go to shit because
>we're only as strong as our weakest link D:
Look at college education.

>plenty
There are a few. Most of the time though it's just a guy who didn't want to be alone, and realized the world is full of fat chicks now

>the world is full of fat chicks now

That's true. Most girls are a bit on the chubbier side these days, especially those 20+ of age.

I don't mind a bit of chub as long as they're not actually fat. And if they're fat, it better be in the right places and with a normal looking face, which is quite rare.

>weight discrimination is on par with any other forms of discrimination

Wrong

Reminds me of Dave Chappelle's response to cops saying that blue lives matter and that they are persecuted in the same way.
He pretty much said that they had the power to take off the uniform, and that if he could have stopped being black he would have done it years ago.

>he would've stopped being black
Fucking bullshit

same user

But my tuition dollars are being used for this shit.

Not a meme but very liberal.

Were a sanctuary school for undocumented immigrants.

>Definitely depends on your major
Physical sciences are rooted in reality. Social sciences are rooted in feels.

>fat acceptance and and HAES isn't a part of the liberal ideo-

What was Michelle's pet project?

>I'm going to spend thousands of dollars a year in borrowed money to learn the skill set for a specific field of work with little to no jobs available for the already oversaturated work force
You tell me

>fat studies
Have they done any comparative studies of their contributions in the workplace?

>multicultural credits
What the fuck is this?

Wew, just the design of the slides, wow

why are those considered retarded? honest question i keep seeing peopel say that around here yet plenty of guys in this field

I'm not certain what the requirement was specifically called. But there was a checklist of things needed to satisfy the requirements for undergrad at my college. Two of which were at least one multicultural course and social studies course. Multicultural could have been met a bunch of different ways. History of Music and History of Movies were both on the table; but then I would have to get a social studies class outside of that. So I opt'd for Women's studies, which met the requirements for both and actually let me choose an elective relevant to my degree or interests.

I think it's in there to make sure that students all become "well rounded individuals". Because specialization in a field is stupid, right?

what's with all the Jewish names in there

Such plebs. This course is an abomination, but the outrage is over the top. This is probably a 3 or 400 level course that will only be taken by advanced wizard bull dukes. No way this is a general requirement.

I really want to enroll in OSU just to take this class and troll it nonstop.

Same. Show up in a tight tank top every day, carrying a gallon jug of water and constantly making small talk about diet/fitness