Would you dedicate 45 minutes a day to learning?

I had this thought that I spend an hour a day at the gym 5-6 times per week.

While I have been lifting, I have experenced huge gains physical and other. This got me thinking again Veeky Forums: What if we all spent an hour a day reading a book on business? We could all be fit, smart, and business minded. We would literally be masterrace.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

audible.co.uk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's called school. Humans have been going to it for millennia to enrich their minds. Look where it got them.

I spend an ~hour a day studying Latin and Ancient Greek

It's pretty fun, has linear improvement like lifting, and makes you more cultured and interesting

I spend about 2 hours a day reading or learning about something. It's important not to stagnate.

Yes, I split my free time into 45 minute blocks

everyday I do exercise, mind (learning Korean), skill (practing piano) and also composing music

in total its only 3 hours but its surprising how effective it can be if you truly focus for 45 minutes,

I watch a documentary once a day. And read for 30min+ until I can't concentrate on the matter anymore.

recommend duolingo and lingvist for language learners, both free

This is a refreshingly respectable post, OP.

I applaud you for such an idea.

Life is ideally linear progression. If your progress stopped deload or change programs. Gotta confuse the body

Self education is always going to end up being more important than the small amount schools teach, given the current systems (particularly the American educational system) are built too much with standardized testing in mind, rather than actually cultivating students to continue learning outside of the limited curriculum given to them. We're all victims of this shit brainwashing, regardless of how old we are.

What OP says may seem like an obvious concept, but you don't have to look farther the obesity issues of the first world to see that the obvious doesn't register well with the average fuck. It's not just a good idea, OP. It's something that everyone should be obligated to do.

anki, hinative and hellotalk are also pretty good

>What if we all spent an hour a day reading a book on business?
The reason why businessmen succeed is because that's their full-time job. You're better off reading literature.

I didin't know so many Veeky Forumss were into languange.I've been learning Japanese and Hindi.

t. publix bagboy

I spend an hour a day exercising, be it cardio or weights.

I spend an hour practicing the piano, and I spend the last hour relaxing in bed with a book.

I'm learning Italian. So damn fun. The unweighted dips of languages: easy, fun, aesthetic, you use your arms a lot.

BUMP

Been learning Arabic lately, will probably start French soon.

Also trying to read more books.

/fitlit/
Just read everyday, especially in the evening to get tired
Right now im reading Darwins on the origin of species and a small book about the teutonic order
Dont kid anyone, you spend 2/3 of your free time on Veeky Forums

Sounds like a good idea, this week I'll devote an hour to guitar everyday.

I often get into this and set aside an hour or two a day to keep getting through books or more proficient in some languages. Then I stop after like a week lol back to shit posting.

Literally just listen to an audiobook of either academic lectures or educational books while at the gym..

audible.co.uk/

Trick for audible, after you've had membership for a while, try to quit. They offer you the next 3 months for half price.

Honest question, would appreciate answers.

Whats the purpose of reading literature? How does it inprove my daily life?

Lifting makes you bigger, more respected, everything in the world becomes lighter and you become harder to kill (lol)

What does memorising the entire book of socrates or whatever fitlit recommends do for my daily life? Whenever i ask on their boards i get either an ad-hominem or "youre just happy being knowledgable". Ive never once couldnt fix my cpu or change my car tyre because i didnt know what plato said on chapter 16. Their answers all just seem like a long winded way of saying "we like reading". is there any tangible benefit if i dont enjoy reading? I have some free time but is it even worth it picking it up as a hobby if i dont care much for it?

Neat, Im getting close to fluent German

Literature helps you to self improve because literature is an expression of human interaction. Often in literature the setting does not matter at all.
This concept is called Death of the Author. The idea is that the context it was written in does not matter, but the values, ideas and concepts of good literature are timeless and educational to the reader.

If you really think literature is useless because it cant help you change a tyre then you are looking at it all wrong. You should come away from good literature feeling changed, and with a new perspective on yourself, and the book should stay with you in your mind for your whole life.

For me Frankenstein is a very important piece of literature as it shows so much how guidance to a child is needed.

Haven't read Frankenstein, what am I in for?

Nature vs Nurture
science vs nature
Romantics vs the Enlightenment
Beauty vs personality
repressed homosexuality
Prejudice and discrimination
Religion vs science

Somehow all from the mind of a teenage girl

Sounds fun, was Mary Shelly a one hit wonder?

Self-education may not get you a superficial degree, but it will get you a fulfilled life. Not like a materialistic brain-dead moron like you would understand what that is.

She's written other good works but only Frankenstein is famous