Give me one reason why I should not apply to join the Canadian Forces(or at least the reserves)?

Give me one reason why I should not apply to join the Canadian Forces(or at least the reserves)?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Pay
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NZ Armyfag here (infantry), the job is shit for the pay youre getting. Much better off doing dairy or forestry.

I dont know how it works over there but not being a slave to the government for a significant portion of your youth is pretty nice

Canadian military is literally best paid in the world tho

>not being a slave to the government for a significant portion of your youth is pretty nice

Then you'll be a slave to your boss... How bad could it really be?

A quick Google search says otherwise

They're not the same but you know that

My quick google search said otherwise
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Pay

Pay ranking from highest paid military to lowest paid military:

Canada[1]
United Kingdom[2]
United States[3]
France[4]
Germany[5]
Japan[6]
Russia[7]
Italy[8]

How is it not? Are you under the impression that every role in the military is a combat one? Or that Reserves does particularly much, especially in a country like Canada?

They pay for your education and you make pretty good money, it's definitely not bad.

>raking based on captain pay

They're extremely disorganised. I remember having to supply my own sleeping bag and my last paycheque issued to me had nearly expired it was so late. Although that was a decade ago

cause then you have to run all the time
be a firefighter and get paid to lift

What does combat/non combat have anything to do with what I said?

Are you going to be an officer?

Possibly.

Because I thought you were implying that it's risky.

Otherwise what you're saying makes no sense. You get paid better than most jobs you'd do without an education/specialized skills, you get much better benefits, pension, you get your university education PAID FOR.

What exactly is being a "slave" here? How is it bad?

you'll be asked to die for brown people

Not every role in the military is a combat one. Also canada mostly does peacekeeping, you're more likely to die in a car accident than get injured.

I think we need to clarify between enlisting and commissioning here. I just assumed OP would be enlisting, in which case I don't think it's worth it. However if you commission I'd say go for it, then you'll actually be making money.

I think it's different in Canada.

yeah, just like the "peace keeping" mission in in afghanistan for the past 16 years. kek

Oh horrifying..

The number of Canadian Forces' fatalities resulting from Canadian military activities in Afghanistan is the largest for any single Canadian military mission since the Korean War between 1950 and 1953. A total of 159 Canadian Forces personnel have been killed in the war since 2002.

>A total of 159 Canadian Forces personnel have been killed in the war since 2002.

I'm pretty sure more people died in car accidents driving to their gym since 2002. Or died squatting or bench pressing.

Do it. I've met a whole lot of military people and they've all said that it was a great experience

better ways to die then a bomb being dropped on you in a FF accident, or bleeding out after your everything below your torso gets blown out due to an IED

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure all NATO members countries have militaries with the same structure for enlisted and officer ranks

Put my app in two days ago, got an email back to setup an appoint already. I already went through all this in 2013 and did the aptitude test but applied for some dead trades, so it got closed. Put in for Infantry, Vehicle tech and crewman. Pretty nervous and idk about vehicle tech or crewman. The most interesting jobs i found for me.

that's out of 40000 servicemen though or 0.5% fatality rate. that's MUCH higher than the odds of dying in a car accident which are only 0.013%. and that's over a LIFETIME.

The risks of that happening, once again, are very very small.

Once again, not every role is a combat one in the Canadian Forces.

Even if it was, you're more likely to die in a car accident on the highway than in combat. You don't go on the highway and start worrying about how you're driving a piece of metal at 100km/h and everyone else is too and that if they hit you, you will die a painful death or possibly be paralyzed, missing arms/legs, etc? do you?

see

>Put my app in two days ago, got an email back to setup an appoint already.

Damn, that fast man? I remember hearing it takes fucking months to years lol.

Forgot to add but major thing i am worried about is hearing loss and how my joints etc will fair. Also most of the time you get put in some pretty dead end towns. Also the crewman position, i don't know if i want to die in a old leopard tank when a sabot round flies into it and i get molten metal sprayed on me.

Well two of the jobs i put in for are in demand and who knows when the appointment will get setup. The last time i went through all this it dragged on for literally 2.5 years until they finally told me they closed my app. Really bad taste in my mouth with the Toronto recruiting centre, i would avoid it.

Lolll

I went to the Barrie recruiting center when I was 16 years old, they were really rude with me and barely answered any questions.

fair enough, guess it is kinda bad but still worth

So enlisted

>still worth

you sure you want to say that when the donald starts shit in NK and dumbfuckistan invokes nato article 5

I'll desert and use my dual citizenship to flee the country.

That way the enemy won't kill you but the government will, smart move

I'm kidding, lol nothing's going to happen dude chill

You never know my man, if you do end up joining good luck

Thanks man. If anything i'll join the reserves and make like $35k a year while going to University for free.... literally no downside.

>Toronto

Well, there is your problem. Haha.

I've considered the army life in the past because it seems volkish but my concern is winding up in a conflict which I don't agree with. Would hate to feel like a pawn in some new world order bullshit. If we had a military more like Switzerland's approach I would be way into it. The focus being on defending your nations clay and doing public works/disaster relief and such instead of foreign (((interventionism))). Who am I kidding, I'm probably too fucking old for that shit anyway (mid 20s)

>$35k a year as a reservist while going to uni
I think you might need to clarify with a recruiter user

You'll probably want some military experience for the racewar, buddy.

Don't think just fucking do it. Life is like a snow globe sometimes you just have to shake that bitch and see where everything falls into place.

Do it, best decision I ever made. Preferably a spec pay trade, and not the Navy

DO IT FAGGOT