Been lifting for one year

>Been lifting for one year
>Went from 135 pounds to 160 pounds at 6'1"
>At least doubled the weight on every lift
>Still look DYEL

How much longer until I start to actually look like I lift? Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/BenchStandards.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't be too hard on yourself.
You went from Ausschwitz to a normal guy. One more year and it looks like you lift (hopefully)

>i've been lifting for a year

gotta eat big to get big OP

That's excellent improvement for a year. Keep it up, you're tall, it's gonna take you longer to get to the athletic weight because you gotta put on a larger amount of musclemass to look athletic.

Wow, Ethan, great work, keep it up, proud of you.

This lol

Damn you loom great, faggot
keep it up.
i suggest obsessing on one muscle group and try to put estra sets and extra reps on that exercise while keeping everything else normal.
i.e. this is chest month, next month is bicep month, then abs, back, legs, etc.
keep going until you hit everything. I got huge results when i was obsessive on arms for a period of time but never cared too much on anything else really fast.
also take creatine.
this may sound autistic. im sorry

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

0 times 2 is still 0 friendo

but on a serious note, what are your current lifts and routine

Don't measure yourself against others, focus on your own improvement. You're already in a much better place than you were a year ago. If it that time you could get the body you have now wouldn't you have been stoked, and taken it in a heartbeat?

As long as you're improving, sticking to your diet and improving your lifts, you will continue to put on weight. Whether you start to look non-DYEL in 6 months, 1 year or even two years is irrelevant, as long as you get there. And I believe you will OP, keep going.

For the main lifts, I've been doing 125 on bench, lmao1pl8 on squat (I only just started doing legs regularly), I do overhead press with 30 pound Dumbbells (haven't tried it with a barbell yet) and I don't deadlift because I'm too autistic to do it without hurting myself (I wish I were joking.) These are all for 10 reps btw. Can't post my full routine right now cause I'm on my phone and it would take ages.

Thank you! I'll keep at it.

I've been taking creatine, it's the only supplement I bought that actually works besides whey protein.

Your progress is solid m8 especially given your very beginning stats. How many days a week are you in the gym?

>I've been doing 125 on bench
Hm, user...
exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/BenchStandards.html

Good point! Honestly going into it I didn't expect to make any gains because "muh genetics." Thanks for the encouragement, I'll keep going no matter how long it takes.

When will you skellies learn

25lbs in a year is on the low end; you're probably not eating enough. Are you actually counting calories/macros? I was super fucking skinny before I started lifting (bodyweight) and I thought I was getting enough food until I actually checked how many calories I was eating and realized I needed to basically double everything. I would aim for a little under a lb a week - some of that will be fat obviously but the alternative is slow gains.

Either way, you look way healthier than you did before and if your lifts are improving, than you're doing it right. Progressing slowly is fine, fitness is not a race although we all like to see results immediately.

ignore this, i forgot you said 10 reps

Just commenting to say that this is good advice

Make it a goal to gain 1 pound per week every week from now until Easter while progressively lifting heavier, then reevaluate where you want to go from there.

In all likelihood, you're going to be bulking until Christmas 2018 before cutting if you're serious about this.

I know some people are shitting on you, but I see pretty decent progress. I don't know how much you monitor your diet, but you may have been able to eat more calories. Overall though, you are on the road to a nice build. Keep eating and lifting.

This. OP you should be gaining about 30 lb muscle / year, not including excess fat

Same guy here, just to expound on this a little more for OP, skinny dudes always overestimate how many calories they're eating (and fatties underestimate). For someone of your height, you need to eat A LOT of fucking food to do the standard 1lb a week (which is why I wouldn't try to hit this, it's going to be more than you're comfortable with). This is kind of the great manlet advantage as they don't have to shovel high calorie food constantly to gain weight. The other thing is that if you're using an online calorie calculator, don't pick "sedentary" like a fucking moron like I did when I was younger. If you're lifting, you're exercising which burns calories and that has to be factored in.

Anyways, I recommend doing a rough estimate of calories and macros. Calories are stupid easy for everything except dinner: if your breakfast is eggs, toast and sausage for example, just count how many of each and add that shit up. Shakes are a great way to add calories and protein and won't fill you up too much, plus you can basically put whatever the fuck you want in them and chug two a day for 1k-1.5k calories easily. Dinner I honestly don't even bother with. I love to cook and if the shit I'm making is complicated I just kinda figure it'll be around ~800 calories for a meal. The key here is to be diligent but not super anal - keep in mind all of these things are estimates and you don't have to eat exactly the same thing every single day and perfectly count every fucking gram of carbs just to get Veeky Forums. Also don't be like the dumbfucks on this board who let their obsessiveness destroy their ability to enjoy food and just have chicken and rice every single night. Adhering to a strict regimen has advantages, but it will make you miserable if you don't allow for any type of spontaneity or """cheating""".

Well that's fucking why. EAT MORE. This is the piece of advice new lifters never take. Eat more. You have no idea how much your lifts will increase in such a short amount of time if you do. That squat will hit 2 pl8 in fucking 4 months or less if you do. That bench will be sitting around 175 for 5. Diddy? Fucking 2.5-3 pl8 ez. Just fucking EAT.

lots of protein and fats. Meat and peanut butter. Complex carbs before workouts. My nigger you'll be making it in no time.

Since its summer I'm going every day. During the school year I'll probably go 4 times a week.

I've been counting calories but not macros. I will start counting macros though because I don't think I'm getting enough protein. And shit, I did in fact pick "sedentary" haha. That explains why I wasn't gaining as much weight as the calculator said I would.

I like the shake idea, I'll probably make some of those. I naturally have literally zero appetite which was how I ended up in skelly mode in the first place. Drinking calories seems like a good solution. When I got my wisdom teeth pulled and couldn't eat I was drinking an 1100 calorie shake every day so getting calories from that should be ezpz. Thanks for the advice!

Holy shit man, you are really doing great! One more year of the same should have you looking like you lift, no doubt. What's your routine?

Can't post the full thing right now but basically I'm on a 3 day split. Day 1 is chest, biceps, back, day 2 is triceps, delts, forearms, traps, abs and obliques, and day 3 is legs. And thank you!