Being a 170cm / 5'7" small boy I really started wondering if training for strength has any point...

Being a 170cm / 5'7" small boy I really started wondering if training for strength has any point. My genetic max is about the same as some tall dude's stats after 1 year of training. I really do love powerlifting style of training, I like lifting "heavy". But it feels so futile when I'm so crippled by my height that I will never achieve any remotely impressive numbers.

As a manlet, is there any point in doing any other style of training than gymnastics / calisthenics? It's literally the only area of "strength" where small boys like myself can excel.

I'm slightly taller than you and trained powerlifting for years. I also loved it, but realized that it wasn't for me in the end. There's a point in it if you want to compete, otherwise no. This is, however, true for big dudes as well. It's because BP, Squat and DL are actually unimpressive exercises in themselves. For me, I understood that I respect someone who can C&J 2 plates more than someone who can BP 3, so I decided to become that guy.

Now I do a mixture of weightlifting, bodyweight training and cardio and am a lot happier. You actually have a good point admist that defeatist attitude that smaller guys can excel in calisthenics. At the highest level you can do pretty awesome shit. Instead of seeing it as your only option, I suggest looking it as an opportunity. I know I do.

I invite you to rethink what your fitness goals actually are, and moreover stop being such a whiny pussy. You're not actually comically short. What is holding back is your attitude.

I started lifting because I was a weak skinny cunt. Now I powerlift because I get physical pleasure out of heavy lifts, it's almost masochistic. The other reason is that I've found that the only source of confidence I have in my life is the extremely childish fact of being stronger than someone else. If I'm in a room of people where nobody looks like they can outlift me, I feel comfortable and confident in that among these people I am the best at what I do, and I can tell that from a glance.

For that record, I have been thinking about trying weightlifting for a while but I don't know anyone who practices it nor is my town big enough that I could find a group of weightlifters to teach me the lifts. I stumbled my way through just about every injury there is learning how to squat properly, and the olympic lifts are far more technical. I really don't want to just retard my way into those.

Sounds like you're just a bitch.
There's plenty of 5'7 lifters who are strong, I don't know why you're using your height as an excuse. Ed Coan is like 5'6.

Why do you care so much about your height?

You sound like you enjoy lifting so lift!

Who the fuck cares about your height. It's your life. Don't let the deadbeats push you down.

Seeing a shorter and smaller guy lifting heavy weights is much more impressive.

if you dont compete its not about the numbers you can lift.

It's about how good you look and how many puuns you can smash.

But I'm objectively ugly and autistic. So I already lost.

just lift and reach your natural potential. Sometimes drunk chicks dont care about personality ;)

Quit being a faggot and just lift to be the best you, you can be. Jonnie Candito is 5ft 7 and has incredible strength.

don't fall for the height memes here

I'm 5'10 wouldn't want to be much taller

>tfw 6'3 but wanna be 6'2
feelsbadman

atleast women still prefer 6'3 over sub 6'

Jon snow is 5'8

Also what? Since when do lanklets get stronger faster?

Taller people have a higher natural potential than manlets, i think thats pretty obvious. They have a bigger frame to put more muscle on. There is a reason why all the world strongest man competitors are all over 6 foot.

Well you dont have to be nearly as imprsssive since youll probably be dating midgets 5'3 and below considering your height. Its not hard to be impressively strong to a midget

You realise small dudes can lift more you fucking brainlet?

Franco Columbo shat all over Arnie in max weight lifted.

But being short is hetter for gain retard. Tallfucks need to do way more work and lifts are way more risky because of long levers. You might be a weak bitch but it's not because of your height, m9.

Being tall doesn't mean you have a wider frame. It's why HEIGHT FACE FRAME makes a distinction between the two. You can be a tall string bean and, unless you've got a face as well, you'll still get tossed by the wayside.

>trying to find reasons to not grind for you LVLMAX

Just go do some neck exercises if you are that bothered by your height

Doing it for women....

>unironically calling yourself a small boy
Might as well mtf at this point, faggot

I don't know man. I'm doing all the things any adult would do but I really don't feel as if I've grown up any since I was 17. I really feel like a boy among grownups.

>Jon snow is 5'8
and he's aware of that

>Missandei is still around

I quit watching sometime in season 6 or 5 I dont even remember. I fucking hated how much screentime she got while being the least interesting character in television.

Not OP, but I'm almost 29 and 5'5"

People still call me boy.

Seriously man ? I'm 5'8 and you're around the height where you've hit the actual jackpot for making gains.

If you are like 5'4-5'5 you may look "bigger" and thicker than anyone but at a certain point you look super stocky and actually less tall, people probably will judge.

If you are 5'7-5'9 you are the same height as girls or a few inches taller so it doesn't look "odd". You will look more muscular and more full then guys taller than you. You won't have that tall "chad" look but you will look the most muscular and won't give off that overcompensating turbomanlet vibe that normies associate with lifting.

Look at the height of most mr Olympia winners, what's their height ?

I have no interest in bodybuilding. A great body can't salvage my personality or face anyway. My height is an issue due to performance.

Banged a really hot girl few months ago just coz i look similar to that actor,
she was a point or two hotter than me
She told me
>"you're my jon snow"
Since im 5'8 she was more right than she realizes