/routine/

I am SO FUCKING TIRED of 3x5, 5x5 etc. I've been doing shit like that for 6, yes 6 years, but I need something different now.

I've been basically doig squats, deads, flat bench, press, chin-ups on programs such as SS, U/L, 5/3/1 etc. for such a fucking long time that I'm bored to shit.

Sure it worked well, but please suggest seomthing fun with a different approach.
Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bZ1VP7cgydA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PHAT

2 8
F R E E
R
E
E
P R O G R A M S
R
O
G
R
A
M
S

Post Body. I want to know how 6 years of this look like.

here

fuck off m8

SS SL etc are a meme. T rex here I come. No chest no arms big fucking legs. Just do PPL or a brosplit you dyel fucks.

SS+GOMAD

Is this the true power of low volume?

T-this isn't real is it?

Have a look at nsuns routines. Based on a 5/3/1 but with different rep ranges I find myself getting less bored

>sure it worked well

How did you not gain any upper body after doing 531? Did you just skip the accessories or something?

Ive been lifting for 6yrs too. What are your stats at this point. I stopped trying to get stronger late 2015.

S 495
B 385
D 515
Push Press 315(fuck ohp)

>starting strength
>starting
>6 years
i don't think you understand that word user

Stats are beginner because I fucked up multiple times

it's a meme dipshits

Well if you're bored how about adding some new exercises to get good at?

youtube.com/watch?v=bZ1VP7cgydA
You won't ever get bored if you do weightlifting

What does Veeky Forums recommend instead of SS/SL?

Reddit seems to like Greyskull LP.

What are your lifting stats?

After 6 years, you better be at 500lb squat, 350lb bench, and 600lb deadlift.

This.
PHAT is fun as hell and gives great gains.

Here gzclp, more fun and enough upper body volume to look good in t shirts.

just do some power cleans and snatches if you want to have fun

and you base this on your 6+ years of lifting experience and having achieved those lifts?

or on extrapolating your current progression rate to years down the line?

I have achieved those lifts.

I can also attest to this

Here is what I do 6 times a week with fasted cardio when i first wake up (except on leg days and rest day). I also combine it with a 7 minute Athlean X follow along ab workout.

Workout A:

Bench Press 3x4-6 80%
Close Grip Bench Press 2x4-6
Standing Military Press 2x4-6
Dumbell Lateral Raise 2x8-10 70%
Tricep Extensions 3x4-6

Workout A2:

Incline Barbell Bench Press 3x4-6
Seated Military press 2x4-6
Dumbell Lateral Raise 2x8-10 70%
Dumbell Rear Lateral Raise 2x8-10

Workout B:

Barbell Deadlift 3x4-6
Barbell Row 3x4-6
Wide-Grip Pullup 3x4-6
One-Arm Dumbbell Row 3x4-6

Workout B2:

Barbell Row 4x4-6
Chin-Up 3x4-6
One Arm Dumbbell Row 3x4-6
Barbell Biceps Curl 3x8-10

Workout C:

Barbell Back Squat 3x4-6
Barbell Front Squat 3x4-6
Bulgarian Split Squat 3x4-6
Standing Calf Raise 3x8-10

ABC(A2)(B2)Cx->PPLPPLx

PPLPPLx
Cardio 30 mins every other day after workout

then you should know better than to assign arbitrary numbers to where you """"should be"""" after a certain number of years without taking into account bodyweight and differences in lift ratios due to anthropometry

take isley for example, lifting like a decade and barely hits your squat bench mark, doesn't hit your bench benchmark, and blows your deadlift benchmark out of the water by 70lbs

>arbitrary numbers to where you """"should be"""" after a certain number of years without taking into account bodyweight and differences in lift ratios due to anthropometry

They are approximations. After 6 years, if you aren't within 50 lbs of those lifts, then you aren't really trying.

what are your stats? on height weight and lifts

Help. I look like this (no joke) except leaner and more chest. What to do?

r8

>spends 6 years in the gym
>still hasn't learned oly lifts

Learn how to clean and snatch it's not that fucking hard and 100x more fun.

SS. Never SL. GSLP is a meme. ICF is a meme.

Nothing works as well. It's been proven over and over again. If it doesn't, you're doing it wrong.

glad to see this in here. gzcl approach in general is more fun than anything else.

is it ok to workout on more days, but with shorter workouts on each day? Right now I'm doing an AxBxAxx push-pull split, but I have low endurance and I feel like I'm out of breath and fatigued for my later lifts. My last workout I went really hard during my deadlifts, felt like I was going to throw up, and then went home. Would it be worse to do a routine like A1 A2 B1 B2 A1 A2 x, where A1 is deadlift, A2 is rows and pullups, B1 is squat, B2 is bench and OHP (and alternate A and B each week). Does it matter if you have less full rest days if you're working certain muscle groups with the same frequency?

R8

Monday
Bench 3x5
Pull-Ups 5x5
Lateral Raises 3x12
Dips 3x8
Chest Flies 3x8
Hammer Curls 3x8
Preacher Curls 3x8

Tuesday
Squats 3x8
Calf Raises 3x12
Hip Thrusts 3x8
Plank 2 Minutes

Thursday
Bench 3x5
Pull-Ups 5x5
Lateral Raises 3x12
Dips 3x8
Chest Flies 3x8
Hammer Curls 3x8
Preacher Curls 3x8

Friday
Deadlift 1x5
Sumo Deadlift 3x8
Plank 2 Minutes

please respond

I would recommend doing higher intensity and more mobile core workouts, for example, a minute of rock climbers or single leg planks

This can't be real

A
Bench 3x5
Squat 3x5
BB Rows 3x5
Pullups 3x8
Tricep pulldown 3x8
Leg Curls 3x8

B
Deadlift 1x5
OHP 3x5
Front Squats 3x5
Seated Row 3x8
DB Incline Bench 3x8
EZ Barl Curl 3x8

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx etc

How is this?

Can someone recommend me a good pressing routine? Or at least explain nsuns? Found a template but don't understand what % I'm working off of. Currently doing TM and failed my 1x5 at 245 today, recently been hearing it's total ass for upper body

Who /MachineMasterRace/ here?

>tfw never did a squat, bench or dead in my life

>Nsuns
>Total ass for upper body
wat

What Nsuns you doing? Theres several programs? Are you using the spreadsheet? Show me your spreadsheet friendo

>nsuns is shit for upper body

Bro wtf, nsuns has you benching three times a week and OHPing 2 times a week, how the fuck is that ass for upper body. You're probably half assing your workouts. That shit got my OHP to 185x5 and still going, and also got my bench to 275x3.

I separated my AC joint and it needs a few months to heal.
I need a killer cardio/conditioning routine to replace it with.
Also if you have any good PT exercises for my dumb ass that'd be great too.

What do you mean by higher intensity? Higher weight and fewer reps?

>no bent over rows
But why though?

My bad friendos, I meant that I've heard TM is ass for upper body. I've heard that nsuns is great for upper body, I just don't quite understand what the program is. I've only managed to find a template that shows the reps/exercises but not much else

I get what you mean, I love barbell rows but beginners normally can't even tell what back muscles are after staring at media screens forever. Dumbbell rows help introduce them to their upper back and some barbell rows and face pulls could get introduced into T2 and T3 after 4 or 6 weeks.

That's quite useful thanks

You have been general strenght training for 6 years then jump on a pl split like westiside.

Then the problem is yoo

All iv got is DBs, a bench and a place for pullups/dips

So this is my bastardization of a split.

>monday
Bench 3x8
Incline 3x8
Tri-Extension 3x12
Dips 3x12

>tuesday
Curls 3x8
Close Pullups 3x12
Curl over Bench 3x12
Farmer Walks 3x60

>friday
Standing press 3x8
Lat raises 3x8
Bent over raise 3x8

>saturday
Chin ups 3x12
Hyperextensions 3x12
1arm row 3x8
shrug 3x8

>sunday
squats 3x5
calf ext 3xf
db lunge 3x8

Check out Greg Nuckols 28 free program. Personally I prefer 5x5 on squat, but you can change it as you like.

OP here thanks guys gonna try GZCL

Is this plan a meme to trick me into injuring myself?
I feel like it has way to much volume

If you have been lifting for 6 years and learned so little that you can't make an interesting program for yourself you should probably end your life.

You spent 6 years doing exactly what you were told never learning why or thinking for yourself.

This is your body on starting strength.

Get a PPL or 4 day split routine.

Post a 4day spilt pls.

Wow what a terrible program, It's like you tried your best to make the shittiest one possible

Training your body parts once a week is a no no