/fat/ - "this is for you future son" edition

Let's work hard now, so that we can live a longer, healthier life for our sons. We will help them and teach them and love them more than any father to have ever lived before us. We will suffer in blood and in dust, so they'll be able to suffer a little less than us.

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous Threaderino

Am I fat, /fat/?

180cm 76kg for the record

Anyone got good recipes for slow cooked (basically broiled) chicken? Mine turn out alright but aren't super flavorful. I'd like different rrcipes/styles so I don't get bored as fuck from eating the exact same thing

probaby not, but you must look flabby without a t-shirt or you wouldn't ask otherwise

I already lost 20kg. Still huge moobs.

so lose more

I looked no different to anybody from 300lbs to about 170

cant tell, post a picture with even more clothes on

>so lose more

That's the plan senpai

I wanna lose at least 30kg more.

>still huge moobs
c-can we s-see them

That's gay bruv.

I have too many cheat days

Like 2 days a week I eat only unhealthy stuff like candy, pizza, chocolate and ice cream until I feel completely full and even sick

fuck off
nothing wrong with wanting to see a m8s tits

Only naked pic I have

I have some fucking awful love handles. They've been getting smaller but still... Feel like I'll never get rid of them.

hard to tell, men accumulate fat on the belly, not on the back

how the fuck are we supposed to tell you if you're fat or not with those shitty pics?

fuck you fat fuck

>complains about love handles
>they're blocked out by
pull it together man

i'll take it this is the CONFESS post

i had a cheeky shawarma this evening father
it fucking sucked so i had two cheese toasts right after

I'm slowly but surely losing my motivation for the gym
I don't like exercising or lifting, and I don't get the "runner's high". Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic about losing weight and getting muscle, I just dread going to the gym

I've tried googling what to do but all I get are either clickbait Mom-Science articles telling me to eat quinoa and drink tea or BBF threads telling me to "evaluate your goals bro.........."

I think part of the problem is I have to go after work, which already drains my energy and willpower as it is

Do 1-2 rest days and you'll be motivated again

Lost 1.2kg, 20kg more to go before I become middle of the healthy weight spectrum.

Started running but fuck me I can only run for like 2 minutes before my legs start hurting whereas I can do 2 hours no problem of anything else. When I finally conquer running it's going to be the best thing ever.

Get a gym buddy

>nothing wrong with wanting to see a m8s tits
Fucking homosexual.

Get you a whole hen, gut it and get the head off if it isn't already. Shove it in a pot with water alongside some root veggies like carrots, onions and shit. Boil that sucker for about an hour, hour and a half, and enjoy your hen. Is good shit, I assure you.

Not him, but any tips on how to get a gym buddy?

Step 1: Get friends
Step 2: Ask one of them if they want to workout together

Meddl leude

YEAAAÖÖÖÖÖÖÖHHHHHHH

I'm fat as fuck. Been on a

>tfw you want to take that monthly progress pic but you don't look any different ;_;

Jesus fuck I am messed up /fat/

greentext story of my life
>turbo fit karate kid until age 6, started getting sexualy abused and beaten repeatedly and systematically
>love for food gained
>disgusting fat fuck until age 19
>good qt friend sudokus because bullying
>Get crazy fanatical, drop from 138 kg (310 lbs?) to 78 kg (180??)
>Compete in juniors section of my nation's strongest man competition, life is gud
>Finish equivalence of high school and get selected for med school in '14
>Get involved in vehicle crash in july '14, needed until june '17 to recover
>allowed to start medicine in 4 weeks from now
>ate myself turbo fat again due to depression and abuse PTSD, weighed today, 112kg
I want to kill myself /fat/. I feel like such a fucking failure. I have thing crippling fear of missing out ever since high school, I wanted to do some catching up during my medicine study with qties. I had the body.

Atleast I started seeing a therapist since 2 weeks ago for the depression and PTSD. The feeling of failure is causing me to have suicidal thoughts anons. Should I just keep my head up and try to do some catching up once I lost all the weight again?

>Should I just keep my head up and try to do some catching up once I lost all the weight again?
Keep going user. You can make it. First the thought then the action.

If that's you and you genuinely think that's fat, I reccomend seeing a therapist.

fick di

I've skipped a week already

Too autismo for one and I work out at the club house of my mom's retirement community so there's no one to go with

fucking hell
if I was in your place, I'd no joke give up completely
if you can recover from that, you're a better man than me

Well what amazed me about myself was that I had 0 loose skin despite losing that weight in a little under 7 months. I think that is something that kind of gives me a goal or something. I really mean zero loose skin

I'm currently 29% bf. Is 20% by xmas a realistic goal?

Of course you should go on. You pulled yourself together once you can do it again, fuck that accident. And you got in med school, got so muc ahead of you.

Reposting @apple

My real name

>finish sizable breakfast
>still have gnawing hunger

Fat people just don't eat enough.

Think about it:
Eating less = Your metabolism crashes
Eating more = Your metabolism fires up

That's common knowledge and lots of studies confirm it. Real life also agrees because only skinny people eta a lot and only fat people diet. In fact, I would be hard-pressed to even name someone fat irl that eats a lot. All fatties I know don't eat nearly as much as the skinny people.

So - eat more, train more. Be active. Do it like the skinny runts.

Disclaimer: I'm not American, it may be different for you Americans, living in the fattest, dumbest country in the history of mankind.

>have fat friends
>they've been losing weight but not as seriously as me
>convince 'em to work out with me whenever we hang out
>just like pushup competitions and shit like that when we're drinking or wahtever
>talked about starting a fight club a few times
>want to actually do it

Any of you guys ever started sparring with your bros just for some casual fun?

I've never really been much for fighting, but I kind of want to start.

what you'd call a lot and what fatties would call a lot are two different things

Family hasn't seen me in months
I have been on a /cut/
They are proud and hugged me
I have lost so much weight
They don't understand but the fat to muscle ratio in lbs is very different

Just losing 20-30lbs and you could look like a different person

I wanted to lose more weight at a faster rate, but I think I will be fine losing weight low and slow...

>fat fight club
i'd watch that movie

They had Bitch Tits, and Edward Nortan was kind of flabby.

I think they even let Bitch Tits keep his shirt on when he fought.

No, fighting is fucking stupid and you'll just injure yourself. Especially if you guys
>don't know how to fight
>fight without proper equipment
>fight outside a ring

You achieved glory once, you can achieve it again, the mere fact you've done it before is undeniable proof
Keep on marching space marine, become doctor man and get that six figure paycheck to rub on your bronze god body

CONFESS

Okay mom.

How about someone who isn't a fucking pansy?

>with your bros
Where do you think you are? /soc/?

hes teasing you

next hes gonna ask if he has a small dick without showing his dick
and youre gonna ask for one

Started going to the gym about a month ago
I've been staying away from free weights for now because intimidated. Sticking to weighted machines like lat pulldown, chest press, etc. before doing 20 or so mins of cardio.
Been eating significantly healthier since last month however haven't been starving myself.
Started 103kg
Now 103kg
what do

been awake for 7 hours and only eaten 100kcal today, busy day
kinda don't wanna ruin it coz it's weigh day tomorrow, I know I'll get mad hungry after work tonight though

>I don't like

Not good enough.

There are many things we don't like but are actually good for us

Like wise there are many things we like (say, overeating) but are actually shit for us

Stop going by what you like or dont like, and go by what is good for

Metabolism is a meme user did you even read the sticky

im fat

>Eating less = Your metabolism crashes

False. Short tem Fasting (24-48hr) increases metablism

>Eating more = Your metabolism fires up

Not always. If you ate shitty processed foods, it will acgtually dampen your metabolism.

I tried to kill myself but the rope snapped due to my weight.

I understand discipline wins over motivation 100% of the time and I do force myself to go
But when I go when I'm not motivated I half-ass my lifts and spend an extra altogether 15 minutes fucking around on my phone

Make sure you adequately rest. Most of the time for us non fit people, it's mind over matter.

People who've hit their physical limit envy you, because the only roadblock to progress youre facing is yourself. They have all the motivation and discipline but they simply cant push any farther (less they risk physical damage).

Be well

How many push ups in a row can you do

Good form, chest to floor?

20 is a real struggle, 10-15 on average.

>sizable breakfast

How to not make it 101.

lack of proper nutrition
what was your breakfast, did you have all the food groups?

/fat/ is not for shitposting

Ham and Cheese croissant
Bowl of eggs, beans, and cheese.
Total about 750 calories probably.

eat some fruit
you're probably lacking it

You're right, unfortunately the place I ate was out of fruit. I think an apple or some grapes would be great right now.

chop them up, chuck it in the blender with ice and have delicious drink
add a sweet fruit to balance it

bet you dream about girls fucking faggot

probably like 7 or 8. I have massive body but relatively weak hands and because of that it's hard to lift it body up from floor.

I'm asexual, so no.

That's just a fancy word for low sex drive

Since I started exercising I've become rapey as fuck

Maybe. Lifting didnt increase my sex drive desu.

>not having sex
at least im the middle of sex when i decide i dont want to have sex
quit being ultimo faggimoto

>when you eat half of your calorie intake at the beginning of the day and you're starving rn

Niggas, any ideas for a super filling, reasonbly low cal breakfast?

i normally have gOats (half cup oats+ one cup milk+1tbsp pb) but it isn't filling for some reason anymore. same thing with eggs (3 eggs, halftsp olive oil), it used to be great but not filling anymore. what can i do? am i missing something?

it really hurts my day (mentally and even physically i guess) when i dont have feel good and/or "satisfied" in the mornings

>quit being ultimo faggimoto
Yeah, i'm just going to quit my genes.

are you getting all your food groups?
you're probably missing one of them, and are hungry from lack of proper nutrition

never usually wake up until dinner time
try that

I was under the impression that the five food groups were a myth. If you're asking if I was eating shitty, then yea.

they are fully real, my friend
different foods have different nutrients, the "5 food groups" is just a general thing to ensure you hit most of them in a given day

Any books your recommend for this info then? I guess I fell for another Veeky Forums meme

fat fucks

my cheat day was just a regular /cut/ day with a whole tub of ice cream added.

bought a shitload of junk food today
Think I'm gathering food for winter or something
haven't eaten it, don't plan to

i eat a 1/2 cup of oats mixed in with a greek yogurt packet before the gym. that's about 300 calories.
after i do my 2 scoops of protein and a scoop of metamucil. that's another 300.
so 600 in the morning and i'm filled up until lunch time 12~1 pm.

why would you eat a whole tub
why not make ice cream recipes for more deliciousness but equal calories

>peanut butter cookie dough
>1,440 calories
>36g protein
it was a very justifiable decision for a cheat day

3 cups of rice and 3 cups of sow cooker beef
2 cinnabons

My only mean for today though (12PM)

>been going to the gym for years
>since 2009
>back then it was fun, workout and trying to achieve 2pl8
>now it's meh, it's a hassle like a morning piss
>came back from multiple injuries from accidents and working
it's getting old, i can see myself go full dad bod in 10 years. I used to imagine how I could live my life without the weights and exercising . But now I see why there are a lot of people who quit after decades of fighting the impossible relentlessness of gravity. It's old for me,and I'm not even 30, however I'm close. It lost its luster like most other hobbies in my life. I wish i could go back to being 19 when everything had this zest. even during boredom things seemed like they had a bright side.now I feel like I'm trapped in a fishbowl, the world seems so small. I jut wish I can go back to being that young again, fuck lads the hope has gone. The only reason why i lift is because of pure habit.

I see the young kids going to the gym feeling happy and joyful thinking about their next iron goal meanwhile I'm just trying to grind it out and get through the gym session. Again, it used to be a joy rather than something I had to do. Songs aren't bringing me enough for escapism. I download new music but i just revert back to lazerhawk and other music in my mp3.

My NFL team plays today, I think I'm going to go HAM on pan made popcorn made with coconut oil instead of butter.

40,i weight 235 btw

No one forces you to exercise. If it's such a hassle then quit.

>made it to 7pm on 650kcal
unusual for me, and I leave for work in an hour so the day is practically done
do I take the extra deficit and suffer MFP's abuse or grab a snack before I hit the road

Why root veggies?
They are starch filled and overall worse for weightloss than any other vegetable due to carbs and lack of fiber.

>overall worse for weightloss than any other vegetable due to carbs and lack of fiber
But they give fullness.