QTDDTOT

Drogon edition.

How many times per week can I do swim HIIT without overdoing it BUT still reap its benefits?

Keep in mind that:
>I don't lift
>Trying to lose fat
>Therefore on a calorie deficit

Many issues with what you just said.

1) "I don't lift"=TERRIBLE decision making on your part. You need to lift, even if it is just some basic exercises like bench press, lat pull downs, leg press, etc. If you do not lift while losing weight, you will lose JUST AS MUCH MUSCLE AS FAT and end up skinny fat.

2) Swimming is great exercise, but HIIT is a meme, and a stupid one at that. If you want to burn fat, do low intensity cardio between 60% and 65% of your max heart rate, typically between 120 and 130 bpm. Majority of calories burned here come from fat, without causing you to lose muscle.

3) Since you are in a calorie deficit, you need at least 48 hours between bouts of resistance training, and maybe even a bit more so you can recover. So you could do three days a week of uphill treadmill walking, and three days a week of lifting with some HIIT swimming at the end.

Remember: every pound of muscle on your body burns 30 calories per day. Maintaining or gaining muscle is the easiest way to stay lean over a long term time frame, and look the best as well.

My buddy benches 300lbs but cant ohp 110lbs. Is he fucking up?

search the catalogue before making a new thread

No but he needs to do slow work with one arm dumbell overhead press, specifically trying to contract the delts. 3 sets of 15 with a lightweight over a few weeks=much bigger delts, and also a lower risk of shoulder injury long term. Should also do external shoulder rotations to hit side/back delt too. They are probably underdeveloped compared to his front delts.

I have super unstable shoulders and had to deal with this myself.

Thanks bro. Ill suggest it

When doing lateral and front raises, my right shoulder clicks and pinches.
If i do it alot, it starts to hurt a bit.

Is there any kind of stretching that can improve this?
Or am i just stuck with crummy rotator cuff ligaments forever

Can I go into extreme disproportions if my muscle composition makes me X-dominant (where "X" in this case means "quads"). I am finishing stronglifts next week and even though I have deloaded my squat twice without having to, symmetric strength still tells me that my squat is 14% ahead of an average lifter on my level, whereas my OHP is 10% behind.

Help I keep losing weight I'm not even trying to anymore.

I'm 5'6
I weigh 136
I used to be 155
I'm clean bulking but I I've dropped another 3 pounds within like 2.5 weeks.

What the fuck I want my manlet super strength back.

EAT MORE

>HIIT is a meme, and a stupid one at that.

You have no idea what you're talking about

It's good because intensity from low HR from high HR burns alot of calories.

Maintaining the steady pace is good but HIIT burns more calories.

>bulking
>lost weight

either an extreme shift in hydration/fiber currently in your body,
ORRRRR you're not eating enough

Do band pullaparts, shoulder dislocates, facepulls, and external rotation exercises. Pain and clicking should reduce. Otherwise see a PT.

whats the average weight for someone who is 5'7"

I was originally going to cut down to 155lbs but my body isn't looking like I had hoped the closer I get. Is 135lbs a better goal?

Im 5'5', mny ideal weight is 139,
137 maybe a bit low for you but we all different

When will we see more of the other two dragons?

Also what is this new 5 mins of cardio after lifting is enough meme I've been seeing. Is 5 intense mins of cardio post workout enough to keep your ticker in gear?

I'M TRYING NIGGER.

EX 4 EGGS BACON AND FRIUT YRSTERDAY
2 6OZ CHICKEN BREAST WITH BROCCOLI
PASTA WITH CHIKEN
A PIZZA

I work in a kitchen so all of these I got in a day.

so you're not actually counting calories? That's probably your issue.

>4 eggs
320 cal
>2 slices bacon
80 cal
>Fruit (2 pieces)
120 cal
>12 oz chicken breast
540 cal
>pasta (1/2 cup)
200 cal
>pasta with chicken (?????)
500-800 cal depending on portion
>pizza (depends on size)
300-1800 cal

At worst you're eating 2100 cal (which is barely sedentary maintenance for me) or you're eating over 3k a day. And I doubt you're burning enough for 3k not to be enough.

What are the best accessories to get jacked arms? Dumbbell curls, dumbell press, anything else?

Overhead tricep extensions.
Your classic dips (not leaning forward) which you can make weighted too.

You should be good to go. Chin ups too as a general accessory to both biceps and your back

you really want to know the answer to that question?

The one about the dragons.

Meant for

As tempting as it is... No user. I'll keep it a surprise :)

thanks famalam, will try it

you speaking from experience? or are you a Veeky Forums guru

Thanks bruh.

Currently just doing squats, dead, and bench/OHP 3 times a week. Gym sessions are typically 30 minutes.

Would doing some dumbbell curls, tricep extensions, and dips 3 times a week be too much?

Also, if im going for mass, should I do low-rep high-weight, or does it really matter?

What are some good stretches if I'm doing SL 5x5? I usually do some that I already know after I finish my workout but I don't think I'm hitting all the muscles that I used

What's a good breakfast that's fast and can be eaten in a car?

>must have 25+ grams of protein
>must be made the night before
>must supress hunger for 3 hours

Why not a protein shake?

Never made a shake the night before, and normally I'm hungry in about an hour...but if I can make a hardy shake that can sit in the fridge all night....sounds good to me!

tuna/mustard/rice is a good combo

I do a shitton of shoulder- dislocates before any upper-body exercise, great mobility and warmup

Love Tuna

Is being a 6'5" lanklet an excuse/reason to have a shit squat?
I can both bench and squat 245lbx3 right now, however I can easily leg press 400lb+

Damn, I know what I'm breaking nofap to

Are breakgast cereals that bad? Bought some since its been years since I ate them and noticed shits fortified with vitamins and stuff
Dunno about the sugar

Any advice for an user who is coming back to running/exercise after a 3 month break? I had my torn labrum repaired in May and I've finally gotten the go ahead to start running again.

I'm completely drained and dead after a measly 2 miles and my time is shit. Granted, I've recently moved to a place with a massive elevation difference than where I used to live, but I'm suffering knowing how weak I've gotten. Any runners out there who went through a similar situation? How did you manage your return?

Any thoughts on stacking DMHA with caffine? Im thinking of just doing a 150mg stack of each.

I wanna add pendlay rows and hack squats to Texas Method. Which days should I add them? Both on Intensity day?

>is a meal of pure sugar bad
READ the STICKY

avoid sugary cereals like the plague. Eat something oats or eggs and protein for breakfast.

That shit is horrible for you. Eat oats with whey and maybe a little honey instead.

We fuck me my restaurant dosent list he cals I thought it was enough :(

Will back extensions help me feel less soreness on heavy deadlifts/squats days?

any kind of shake/smoothie,
add a lot of fiber/oats if you're worried about feeling full

probably best to pre-load your blender and take the 30 seconds to blend it in the morning instead of letting it sit in the fridge overnight

i eat healthy all the fucking time
Sometimes I just feel like eating thia or that and I wanted some gda lden grahams since I used to est that shit qhen I was skinnyfat and didny lift and happened to notice its fortified with hella good shit

Every time I try to do a pull-up I crunch up my body
How do you prevent this as a noob

no
you may squat/deadlift with rounded lower back without noticing

Couple running questions in one. First, why the fuck is running outside so much harder than a treadmill? Makes me feel like my first leg day all over again, barely able to walk upstairs I'm so wobbly. Second, after running for a bit my skin gets itchy as fuck wherever my clothes are touching, namely around my legs. Is there a fix for this? Is that why those runfags wear tight clothes? I've just started taking my Cardio seriously so tips would be appreciated.

When do leg press numbers start being impressive?

Any proven bodyweight routines or could you guys point me in the right direction? Every one that I find requires more equipment than I have or is a total meme

It's fortified with memes. It's unequivocally horrible for you. If you're going to make an excuse, then just eat it as a cheat meal or something. I definitely don't recommend eating sugary cereal long term when there are better and tastier alternatives that are far healthier.

Not the same user but I'm pretty sure steady state is actually better for burning fat. With HIIT, you're mainly burning calories during and a little bit after it. But with LISS, your body will stay in that oxygen deprived state for a longer time afterward. This will cause your metabolism to increase for a longer time than HIIT would
That being said, HIIT is obviously better for cardiovascular health

He probably has weak stabilizers or weak triceps. Or maybe he's just new to the movement. How wide is his grip on bench?

Milk or oats, man. It's easy to mix 60g of oats into anything, especially if you blend it up. 60g of oats is something like 225cals and 6g of fiber? I have it twice a day so that's an easy 450cals and 12g of fiber out of the way. Milk is also a god send, at least 150cals in 1 cup of whole milk. If you're worried about sugar or lactose, fairlife has milk with only 6g of sugar per serving and no lactose

I've been doing 6 sets of 15-20reps for biceps (hammer curls and some barbell variation) 6 days a week and I definitely feel and see a difference. Some user claimed 18 inch arms and recommended it, I'd say it's worth a try.

That's actually kinda fair if your legs make up most of your body. Just find what works for you bb

Just recently tried out Ape Shit pre workout which is pretty much the same thing. It worked really well, I'd say it was just as good if not better than Mesomorph

I usually do rows on volume day since I diddle on intensity day. Hack Squats would probably work best on intensity day after you hit your new squat max. Good luck bb luv u

Keep your heels up, either in front of you with your legs straight (harder, works abs more, will also keep you from swinging) or behind you with your knees bent. It's also a strength thing, it'll get easier to keep straight as you get stronger

M i l k

I

L

K

Recoveringfat here, lacking muscle knowledge - the part in red is bulging upwards, for a flat stomach is that going to go down to be flush (so weight loss) or will the lower part rise up to make it flush as I build muscle, or both?
>how do get flat stomach - I do crunches, twists, leg raises and a variety of planks

Honestly normal coming out of a beginner compound program like SS or SL. You can just plain get more out of your entire lower body chain on a squat than you can on OHP at first. There are many more, much larger muscles and they will adapt better to linear weights.

Solve this by making sure to work more on your upper body pushes when you hit your intermediate program, also don't forget to balance your pushing with pulling. You don't want to get chest/front delt dominant and have a weak back/rear delt set.

use myfitnesspal or some shit.
guess ingredients and portions. you don't need to get it perfect, but it's a good idea to at least get a rough idea of how many kcals and macros you're gettin

Breakfast sammiches. Also as others have suggested, oat shakes. Toss some fiber in there for extra fun.

Lanklet should increase your lever arm, and thus difficulty, on both bench and squat. Unless you have proportionally long femurs, you just need to squat more famalamadingdong.

what are some stretches/exercises for correcting scoliosis?

Visited gym for the first time on wednesday. Never done anything physical pretty much, kinda skinny fat. My arms and chest are really sore, especially triceps and pecs. How do I know if I can do a workout tomorrow (saturday) or not? I can move and lift stuff but it hurts quite a lot and especially moving my arms up or behind is really bad. It's not a shooting pain or a sharp pain, it's the doms kind but really bad (I said I've never done anything physical but I did do a beginners course on muay thai 3 years ago after I lost a lot of weight so I know doms)

I'm doing SS and the book says I can add chin-ups if I want to. The problem for me is that the main exercises leave me too tired to them at the end.

My question is this: would I be cutting into my gains if I do 3x5 chin-ups and 3x10 push-ups on my rest day?

Also, if it matters, I can only get to 4 chin-ups on the first set (then 3 and 2 on the second and third set, respectively). Getting up to 8 is my current goal.

if it hurts then dont bother. the first time will always be the worst and after that itll get better, theres no point trying to push it when you're in the "moving is agony" phase. maybe just some light stuff at most to help with the stiffness.

I was in the same position as you a week ago.
>went to gym for the first time last thursday
>friend coaching me, we did arms on thursday and chest/back on friday
>after workout on friday could barely lift my arms to the top of my car's steering wheel
>really bad DOMS on saturday and sunday, rest on both days
>monday rolls around, still sorta sore but well enough to get back to the gym
>worked out everyday this week without being too sore
Although I did do legs for the first time on Tuesday, and I'm still recovering from the initial DOMS of that, but I managed to do legs today. Give it a few days user, you'll feel better.

Hey bros, newbie question, I've read the sticky but it doesn't address this:

I really want to lose weight, specifically my beer belly. Right now I'm on a caloric deficit and doing cardio 3 days a week. But I don't have any muscle so I'm scared by the end of the process I'll look really skinny and unattractive.

Is it cool if I start lifting while on a caloric deficit and doing cardio? I mean will I get any muscles at all, and is that even healthy/safe?

It's definitely healthy and safe, you just wont see nearly the same results you would if eating a surplus.

The choice is yours.

P.S. This exact question is explicitly answered in the sticky you cuck.

What makes free weights superior to machines?

Machines still build decent muscle mass right?

Some machines are good. For isolation.

But the majority of exercises are performed better with barbells/dumbbells.

I have the ultimate question.

If you exclude lifting from your fitness lifestyle (cardio and perfect diet only), does that automatically mean you'll end up with a skinny fat body?

Ive been getting some contradictory info. Some say you can get a decent slim bod. Others say enjoy being skinny fat. Who is right.

I've seen it mentioned that planks >60 seconds will lead to hypertrophy.
Is this true and if so what's the upper limit before you stop making gains?
As in, if I can do a proper plank for 3:30 has it become to easy?

Bump

You won't be skinny fat

Women should be around 135 at your height

Is there any way of effectively estimating calorie content of a food for which you have very limited information on? As in, eg. homemade foods that you didn't yourself make?

I like living with my parents at 26. Why is it weird if I don't want a partner?

What free macro tracker apps do you guys recommend?

Best back and chest routine to get a 60 inch chest? I'm on gslp and have 180lb bench and 165 barbell row. Thinking of PPL from here on or Jacked and Tan 2.0

Wanting to be alone isn't weird, but living with your folks at 26 is. If you're studying it's fair game.

If people keep giving you shit then just tell them you're 'looking after' them. That'll pull some heartstrings.

I get lonely living on my own.

been doing SL for six weeks. failed DL at 175lbs today. I felt like I could handle the weight fine, but the bar was slipping out of my hands, and by the fourth rep I had to stop because I thought I was going to drop it. it was an oly bar with shitty knurling, but it never mattered before

my question is should I just always use a powerlifting bar and not worry about it? or is this indicative that I need to do something more to improve my grip strength? 5'7 140lbs female

How strong do my main lifts need to be in order to be a good firefighter?

6'0 158lb skeletor. Mainly run, also swim and lift but of course all that activity tends to mean I need like 3800 cals a day but I am never disciplined enough to eat that much everyday.

>lifting for six months
>23 FFMI
>supposedly (genetically (?)) excellent
wtf

To be competent, I'd say you need at least a 4pl8 deadly.
Lifting 180 kg in optimal conditions means you should be able to easily pick up heavy shit off the ground in suboptimal conditions, and have a fair bit of core strength for any sort of thing that needs it.
Any other compounds also help, but are very much less important.

tldr eat more

Every time you lift, do this:
>do a couple light deadlift reps to warm up
>load bar with ~60% of 1RM (doesn't really matter how much as long as it's approximately 60%)
>lift it, hold it until your grip is about to fail, then lower it
>rest a couple minutes, repeat two more times
This will increase your grip strength a whole lot in a relatively small timeframe, and it's light enough not to interfere with recovery from "real" deadlifts, so you can do it every day.

Also are you using gloves? If yes, throw that garbage away.

no gloves. ty, I will start doing this

Farmers walk..do 3 times a week walk about 40 feet...

Does it matter if you have less full rest days if you're working certain muscle groups with the same frequency? I work out 3 days a week doing a push/pull split, but get tired during the middle of my workout. Would it be bad to split up each workout over 2 days so I'm exercising 6 days per week?

The routine I am following says to rest 4-6 minutes between lifts. Is this right? It seems like a really long time to rest.

Watch asslean X video on lateral raises. You can do them wrong.

You're a beginner lifter. All of your lifts are shit, and none of your muscles are overdeveloped. Focus on getting bigger and stronger.

Eat more, retard. What do you expect us to say?

>chicken breast
>broccoli
>eggs
>fruit
>"why am I losing weight wtf!?!?!?"

Do a bunch of curls and pressdowns 3x per week. Do forearm curls also, or a wrist roller. People with big upper arms and no forearms look retarded.

What are you tying to achieve? For general mobility, Starting Stretching (yes, really) is a good place to start.

>1 serving of myprotein mass gainer
>1 scoop of mocha whey
>2 cups of milk
>2 teaspoons of instant coffee
>blend it with ice

I drink one of these each morning before I head to work at the hospital. I typically drink it between 0600 and 0630, and it keeps me pretty full until 1100-1200. High protein, and has some caffeine.

There are 6' 5" lanklets that squat like 800 lbs. Get stronger.

Plain bran flakes with cinnamon are okay. High in fiber and actually have a few grams of protein. Low calorie. No added sugars. I would definitely eat something with protein in addition to that though, like 1-1.5 cups of Greek yogurt.

Lifting for more than a few weeks will make you stop feeling sore. Assuming you aren't squatting only once a week like a retard. Then you might be sore every time, because your training frequency for that movement is too low.

Literally never. Every fat faggot can walk in and leg press several hundred pounds. Also, different machines have different leverages, so you can't just compare with people from other gyms. Leg press is just a squat accessory.

Go to a gym and lift weights.

That gets smaller by losing weight. You don't need to lose weight though, because you're already a skinny cunt.

The optimal rest time if you're training for strength is: "as long as you need". Sometimes it's 2 minutes, sometimes it's 15.
If you're training for aesthetics and your routine calls for 4-6 minutes rest, then your routine is shit.

I think it is a strength routine, so that makes sense. Thanks for the response.

Depends on the scoliosis. Neuromuscular? Treat the underlying illness and strengthen the core and spinal erectors. Use rods if necessary. Idiopathic? Pretty much the same thing. Congenital? build a time machine x failure, 3x per week. Lots of core work with hyperextensions and light deadlift will likely be helpful for you.

Do your chins on lifting days. Rest days are for rest. Not lifting. If you are "too tired" to do them, then your work capacity is shit and you need to fix it.

Don't do chin ups to failure. Do a bunch of sets of 2 to start with. Then try a couple set of 3, followed by a bunch of sets of 2. Escalate until you're doing a bunch of set of 3. Then a couple sets of 4, and a bunch of sets of 3. By "a bunch of sets", I mean like 10 total sets. Do this 2-3x per week.

>t. 20 pull-ups weighing 190 lbs, and 115 lb weighted pull-up

You should DEFINITELY be lifting right now. Fat beginners can, and will, gain lean body mass while losing weight, if they lift weights and keep their protein intake high. Everybody that cuts without lifting ends up looking like a disgusting mess. Like a skeleton that was dipped in molten ballistics gel then left to dry. Start lifting now.

You'll either be skinny or skinnyfat. At least do some push-ups or something ffs.

Why would an endurance movement lead to hypertrophy? Do weighted planks. Put a plate on your ass. Yes, doing an isometric body weight movement long enough to listen to half of Freebird is a waste of your fucking time. Jesus fucking christ

Look up the ingredients online. Are you stupid or something?

If there's a better bar, use it. Also, use chalk. Also, use hook grip or mixed grip.

Any healthy adult male that regularly strength trains should be able to achieve 1/2/3/4 within a year for 1RM.

The whole ">25 FFMI = steroids" thing is bullshit. Read Greg Nuckols article on it.

If you can't finish your routine, either your routine is retarded, or your work capacity is shit. It's probably the latter. Do your fucking workout and build your work capacity.

It's on the long side, but not unheard of if you're milking a linear progression program as far as you can. I would rest 10 minutes between sets when I was doing 325 lbs 3x5 squats on SS.