Help me pls

help me pls

i'm not vegan or vegetarian but am going raw for a month, don't ask why or criticize

this is second day and my head hurts, like pressure?

any way to avoid this?

i'm taking vitamins so have iron and b12 and whatever

maybe too many bananas?

i read some people experience headaches for a whole month when switching diets this drastically... i cannot have head ache for a month

ty

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3530364/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12761365
diabetesdaily.com/blog/2014/11/research-on-low-carb-vs-low-fat-diets/
youtube.com/watch?v=A4WD8Bm7s_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lead is a great homeopathic cure for headaches m8

Your body has entered ketosis because you're not eating enough carbohydrates. It is now using your fat reserves as the main source of calories to help perform cognitive functions. This is why you feel so bad.

aren't fruits filled with carbs?

could it be lack of salt?

Enjoy nogains

Jesus what the fuck are you even trying to say ?
What have you eaten ? Are you fat ? Any antecedents ? Also I doubt that you'd see any effect, positive or negative on the second day. Could be anything, including the semen overdose since you seem so hellbent on being a massive queer

i don't want gains, just weight loss

yest. i ate 3 bananas, 1/2 mango, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup mixed greens, almonds, and coffee ofc

today so far, 4 bananas n strawberries in form of smoothie and coffee

and just ate two boiled eggs with salt and it's going away :D not sure if was that helped or the pain pill

i am fat, 140lbs and trying to loose 20-35lbs, not in a month

i am not a queer

If that's all you ate yesterday sounds like WAY too little. How tall are you?

i ate that cause i wasn't hungry, the night bf i had eaten a lot of pasta...

i am 5'2

try eating raw meat, like beef but make sure it didn't get needle tenderized because that gets bacteria pushed deep into the meat

gains, even newbie ones, will make you look less fat and burn more calories long-term

>i am fat, 140lbs
lolwut.jpg

are you 5' tall? or are you female?

you're eating too little. starving yourself just destroys muscles not burn fat. This will not make you trap mode you fucking queer.

10/10 advice m8, will do

thanks, i will want to gain little muscle in the long run but for this one month i just wanna lose as much fat as possible

i am 5'2" n f so yes, fat

i think it was the lack of sodium, emphasis on think cause i did take an excederin too

headache almost gone but now hands are shaking little :/

idk his raw vegans do this

ty

If all you're interested in is losing weight how can you be on a board about fitness, with all the talk of what body builders and athletes do to cut and bulk and decide to go raw? I'm all for experimenting with your diet, but for fuck sake, if you're trying to lose weight there are proven methods to do just that. Why are you like this OP? Are you trying to win an argument? Is this doctor ordered? Are you trying to bang someone? Why?

my co-worker told me to do it, said it was healthy and that I would drop pounds of fat

i plan to eat better and more gym time after this month, it's just for a month

idk what to take seriously in this board too, esp since i don't want to bulk or gain much muscle

ty

I know it gets a ton of hate, but honestly, keto is amazing for losing weight. Just diet alone I lost like 80lbs in a year and a half. No exercise, just diet. I don't think it's sustainable now that I'm lifting, but it's super hard to overeat on keto because carbs are so high in calories. You get enough protein, you eat enough fat to satiate hunger and you'll lose fat like crazy. It's just calories in calories out but you're cutting out all the stuff that's high in calories and that don't particularly satiate hunger, and also once you're in ketosis you stop being hungry all the time because your body is using your fat stores.

>but its not good for you

Your body was probably physically addicted to some shit it's not getting anymore.

A high carb, high fiber (80g+ a day) plant-based diet will achieve better weight loss results and is far healthier than keto.

What are you eating? You have to replace the nutrients in meat with plant source, you know?

Low fat diets are proven to be inferior to low carb diets.

How so?

People on low carb diets lose more weight in the same amount of time. As studies show.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3530364/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12761365
diabetesdaily.com/blog/2014/11/research-on-low-carb-vs-low-fat-diets/

recommend me some foods then please? all I find on google is fruits and nuts, ive eaten 7 bananas today.. .

my head hurts again

if ache doesn't stop in a week im done with raw

ty again

i hope you're right and this feeling and pain will go away

Post your fucking diet retard

i did you fag

i only have 2 days

>i don't want gains, just weight loss

>yest. i ate 3 bananas, 1/2 mango, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup mixed greens, almonds, and coffee ofc

>today so far, 4 bananas n strawberries in form of smoothie and coffee

>and just ate two boiled eggs with salt and it's going away :D not sure if was that helped or the pain pill

>i am fat, 140lbs and trying to loose 20-35lbs, not in a month

>i am not a queer

Both of those studies suggest that low-carb is only as effective as low-fat.

Neither of these studies put low-fat vs a whole food, plant-based diet, either. Fiber isn't mentioned a single time.

Go look up raw vegans on YouTube. I'm not raw, just vegan. You're pretty much limited to fruit, nuts, seeds, and leafy greens, though.

Yes, but OP is eating mostly fruit. Fucking vegans, yes if you stuck to a very strict diet, managed to balance out your macros correctly, weigh all your food and adjust your diet based on results you'll be great. But if you don't know what the fuck you're doing have no interest in trying to figure out what you're doing and you decide to go raw because a co-worker told you to and just start eating fruit instead of the SAD you're ot going to have the same results as if you just eat when you're hungry and don't eat more than 30g of carbs a day. Fuck I hate vegans, you sanctimonious little shits love animals more than you love people so you give them bad advice. You either tell them just eat lentils and beans to get your protein and they eat too many calories or you tell them to eat at a deficit and they don't get enough protein. You never tell them they need 6 cups of lentils, or 3 cups of tempeh, or 5 cups of tofu. It's just "eat plants bro" then they're fucking hungry all the time because they're eating a shit ton of fruit and their blood sugar's all fucked. 85% of vegans and vegetarians go back to eating animal products, it's just a constantly rotating circus of assholes that saw cowspiracy or some youtube video of a pig with the zoomies who haven't quit the diet yet. Fuck you vegans, remember this when you inevitably go back to animal products, or your teeth start falling out.

>i ate 3 bananas, 1/2 mango, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup mixed greens, almonds, and coffee ofc

That's just as unhealthy as eating only fast food burgers mate. You need a proper source of protein and fat. Your headache comes from a lack of salt. But you will get worse problems if you only eat fruits and salad for a long period of time.

Eat more nuts, vegetable oil, rice and legumes.

i ate like that because i wasn't really hungry yesterday

but i can kind of see how raw for a month will be hard and borderline unhealthy the way im doing it

i will eat raw fruits and veggies all day and then for dinner i will have me some meat and brown rice or something

like that my coworker doesn't know and scream or I won't hear the end of this if i 'quit'

ty a lot everyone

>That's just as unhealthy as eating only fast food burgers mate.

Total bullshit, what are you even doing. Obviously that's unsustainable in the long run because it's so little food but short-term that's very healthy. What do you think are in avocados and nuts if not fat and protein in the latter case. Plenty of raw vegan athletes, not so many athletes just eating burgers.

>you sanctimonious little shits love animals more than you love people so you give them bad advice.

I don't kill people either.

>You either tell them just eat lentils and beans to get your protein and they eat too many calories

The fuck? No one has ever gotten fat eating beans and lentils. If you're suggesting that you need to eat at a caloric surplus just to get an adequate amount of protein you would be very incorrect.

>You never tell them they need 6 cups of lentils, or 3 cups of tempeh, or 5 cups of tofu. It's just "eat plants bro" then they're fucking hungry all the time because they're eating a shit ton of fruit and their blood sugar's all fucked

Fruit doesn't fuck people's blood sugar. I'm not sure where you got this information. Again, I think you're greatly exaggerating protein requirements.

>85% of vegans and vegetarians go back to eating animal products

I've heard this statistic before but you have to think that social norms are a huge part of that

>or your teeth start falling out

swishing water in your mouth after eating fruit is highly effective at preserving teeth

>vegetable oil

Oil is very unhealthy.

How many soda's a day is acceptable?

you're so goddamned dumb or so goddamned dishonest that I want to punch you in the face

Great response.

I don't advocate eating a raw vegan diet by the way.

Foods that are described as "healthy" by dietitians are titled that way because they give you nutrients that a person with a normal diet would normally miss out on. That doesn't mean you should ONLY eat that food. No dietitian would tell you to only eat fruits and and salad.

No non-suicidal vegan diet has the composition described in that post. Half an avocado and a hand full of almonds are not enough to sustain your dietary needs. Fruits like bananas and mangos are valuable for their trace elements and vitamins, not because they supply you with proper amounts of macro-nutrients. They are supposed to extend your diet, not make the bulk of it.

Salad is basically just water and indigestible fiber. People recommend that stuff during diets because it fills you up without adding calories. It's nutritionally worthless for a vegan diet. You would have to eat a wheelbarrow full of salad to sustain yourself.

No it's not. Oil with bad ratios of omega 6 to 3 is unhealthy on the long run. But not all vegetable oils have bad omega 6/3 ratios.

Zero

>No it's not. Oil with bad ratios of omega 6 to 3 is unhealthy on the long run. But not all vegetable oils have bad omega 6/3 ratios.

youtube.com/watch?v=A4WD8Bm7s_I

>Salad is basically just water and indigestible fiber. People recommend that stuff during diets because it fills you up without adding calories. It's nutritionally worthless for a vegan diet.

Are you brain dead?

>oil is bad because high fat foods clog up your artieries unless you eat protective foods

This is an argument against fat, not an argument against vegetable oils. And you require fats for proper function of your body. So this entire retarded argument is moot in the first place. Yes fat clogs up your arteries. That doesn't mean you shouldn't eat fat.

Eat proper amounts of fat to keep your body healthy and eat proper amounts of vegetables to protect your arteries against clogging. And the fats you should eat are unsaturated fats from vegetable oils with good omega 3 to 6 ratios.

>i don't want gains, just weight loss
>Where do you think you are.jpg
The former is the fastest, healthiest and most efficient way to 'weight loss' (read fat loss). Quit whatever spot reduction or other stupid weight loss memes you bought into

Please look up the nutritional value of salads before shitposting further.

Please go to www.cronometer.com and add a few cups of spinach, kale, and whatever other leafy greens you want. After that I want you to come back here and tell me that you were being retarded.

yeah, it's like that guy doesn't even eat 100 cups of spinach a day, what a retard

Do you know how much fucking spinach and kale you have to eat to fulfill your nutritional needs you retard?

You do realize micronutrients exist, right?

Yes read my fucking post again

Leafy greens don't just have "traces" of vitamins and minerals you dumbo. You clearly didn't do what I told you to do.

First of all salad doesn't equal leafy greens. Second of all the point is that salads and leafy greans are not supposed to be the bulk of your diet because they only give you micro nutrients, which you could also get from more compact food sources.

i just threw up after eating little piece of bread and my head ache is getting worse. Can eating only fruits for a day really cause this, I feel terrible

>Can eating only fruits for a day really cause this
No, something you ate probably upset your stomach. People water fast for days without stomach problems. Headaches come from lack of salt and trace elements. But it sounds like you didn't stomach something you ate. Or maybe its psychological.

What was your diet like before?

>Both of those studies suggest that low-carb is only as effective as low-fat.
No, if you read properly, then you will see that low-carb is more effective on the short term. On the long run all fat loss diets equal out and the rule of thumb calorie-in/calorie-out rule applies. There is no reason to choose low-fat over low-carb when your goal is fat loss. You can consume a lot of fiber in either diet, so I don't see what your point is.

>You can consume a lot of fiber in either diet, so I don't see what your point is.

High carb whole food plant based diets are superior in terms of fiber consumption. I guarantee you no low carber gets more than 80g of fiber a day.

80g of fiber per day sounds kind of bonkers in the first place, but look up the fiber contents of legumes and nuts/seeds like pistachios (10g per 100g). It's not hard to get enough fiber unless you go full keto.

Why? This is stupid

There's a lot of evidence showing that our ancestors ate more than 100g of fiber a day.

Doesn't necessarily matter. Just because our ancestors did it, doesn't mean it is optimal or preferable. If you go far enough back in time, then you will find ancestors eating all sorts of shit that is indigestible for us now and would even make us sick in the long run.

You're right, but a lot of research is being done on MORE fiber being healthier for gut bacteria. The for RDI of fiber is most likely too low as it is.

This probably due to a lack of carbs, as another poster mentioned.
Fruit has nowhere near the same profile as wheat/grain.
Eat brown, wholemeal bread or pasta, or supplement your diet somehow.
Hope this helps.

While it is true that most people don't eat enough fiber and a suggestion of eating generally more fiber is a good idea for the general public, overdoing it is also not a good idea. There is such a thing as small intestine bacterial overgrowth, caused by too much fiber.

And there is a balance of gut bacteria in your intestines and not all of them feed on the same types of fiber. It can lead to an imbalance of gut bacteria, where certain stems overpower other beneficial bacteria stems which leads to digestive problems.
Like with most nutrients, too much of it isn't good for you either.

norm American diet, was not the worst nor the best. i didn't drink soda or fake juices but i had the occasional burger not from McD's or such. pasta, potatoes, no rice for a while now that I notice. meat, eggs, bread.

but this last week I managed to eat A LOT of junk, my CO worker told me to eat anything and everything a week bf so I had no cravings... so i had dominoes, kfc, lots of ice cream, and popeyes. things i didn't really eat bf. I had fast food maybe 3 times a year.

after throwing up i feel better, headache is less. everything came out, even smoothie from this morning, felt very acidic idk if that matters

idk if it was the diet or what but learned: don't do drastic diet change based on co workers advice

n thanks a lot everyone