Why is there literally ZERO VIDEO EVIDENCE of a barbell deadlift causing a SPINAL injury?

Why is there literally ZERO VIDEO EVIDENCE of a barbell deadlift causing a SPINAL injury?

Apparently, deadlifting being dangerous to the spine (not the muscles) is common knowledge and common sense.

There are countless videos of the other common dangers, like bench press snapping shoulders up, mixed grip snapping biceps, squats blowing out knees and quads. But zero (0, nip, nada, zilch) videos of spinal injury due to barbell deadlifting.

We have been lied to by "conventional wisdom". Why aren't people waking up to this like we have to "fat makes you fat" "eggs cause cholesterol to rise" etc.?

Things that are not worth saying because it doesn't address the issue and just shows you are scared of admitting you might be wrong:

>the same reposted image claiming the requisite force to cause spinal injury in a deadlift.
Firstly, this image was made by a butthurt poster who couldn't admit he was wrong. Secondly, even if you believe it, why doesn't everyone who ever deadlifts have spinal injuries from it? Or are you seriously going to say that anyone without injury has never had their form slip?

>spinal injuries take time to develop so we can't prove it was a deadlift that caused it!
This is another cop out argument that is false. The majority of disc herniations are sudden and very painful.

>appeals to "common sense"
>name calling
If you can't do any better than this then you may aswell just not post.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HYIB14cesJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=FnIrLN09CkY
sfu.ca/~leyland/Kin201 Files/Deadlift Mechanics.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=tjW0Elbk0CI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tl;dr lol. kys bitchy manlet.

Stop hurting my fee fees

Stop wrecking your back

are you this OP?

youtube.com/watch?v=HYIB14cesJ4

jesus fucking christ, it looks like it will break any second, got spooked that i will see something terrible, this guy is asking for it

I like how he still does the shitty form when putting the weight back down

Why do we have this thread so often? I don't really care either way, but I am intrigued by how much it gets posted.

Confirmed, whites are actual goblins.

Video evidence can't capture the nature of disc injuries and is unecessary to prove in the face of objective facts.

He just wants attention, it is sad. Ignore and he will give up, they always do

Of course he's also hyperextending at the lockout

Nice cope. Can't provide anything to counter the points so insult OP.

If that image is true then literally everyone who has ever deadlifted should have had spinal injuries from it when their form breaks down. Or are you saying everyone free of spine injuries has never ever let their form slip?

I have to say, those graphs are really bad. They don't help at all at visualizing anything.

The cases of friends I know all happened while homegym-masterracing.

There's also the fact that everyone KNOWING how dangerous this is means more care gets placed into not fucking becoming paraplegic.

I'd hope anyone doing heavy lifts would be taking appropriate care.

That image is a literal complete fabrication made by a guy who got mad at this thread last time it was posted.
Seriously.
Try and find that picture anywhere else on the internet.

> If that image is true then literally everyone who has ever deadlifted should have had spinal injuries from it when their form breaks down. Or are you saying everyone free of spine injuries has never ever let their form slip?
You say this every time and never make a valid counterpoint. How do you know you aren't injured when you fuck up a deadlift and the bulging disc hasn't struck a nerve, yet? Your logic is shit and you're a clueless retard.

It's research cited by the world's most renowned spine expert Stuart McGill. Bing it.

>It's research cited by the world's most renowned spine expert Stuart McGill. Bing

Prove it.
That image is not from his work.

>How do you know you aren't injured when you fuck up a deadlift and the bulging disc hasn't struck a nerve, yet?

I've been deadlifting for 6 years and theres been numerous occasions where my form has failed me due to pushing too hard.
I have literally never had any pain in my spine.

youtube.com/watch?v=FnIrLN09CkY

Jump to 55 sec. Enjoy?

not gonna spoonfeed your retarded ass
*yet

>muh anecdotal evidence is more important then empirical data on spinal health

fucking brainlet

Jesus man

sfu.ca/~leyland/Kin201 Files/Deadlift Mechanics.pdf

OP BTFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, OUT OUT OUT ---> GTFO RETARD!

>thinking 6 years is a long time

nice roll form to activate the entire spinal chain. it's funny to see the ignorant "gym bros" in this forum mocking this guy for doing something the right way.

what's interesting about this pdf is even with good form a 600 lb diddly produce 1200 n forces. so once you start getting up there, the slightest mistake can easily end you. a bad form diddly with 300 lbs or less could end you.

You can't see bones break, let alone your spine.

does this surprise anyone? the human spine didn't evolve the capacity to carry 600+ lbs, there's literally no reason you would ever be doing that.

deadlifts are an incredibly healthy exercise but once you start putting on serious weight you're just tempting fate, imo.

>not gonna spoonfeed your retarded ass

Such a cheap cop-out
>hurr this is true but I won't back it up
You know you've been caught out. Surely if you have a link to prove me wrong its barely any effort to do so.

>mportant then empirical data on spinal health

What emperical data? There isn't any.

But it doesn't. So that article is BS

bitch looked like that fucking thing in jurassic park that puffs up and spits acid

Post fucked up gym injury videos everyone!

youtube.com/watch?v=tjW0Elbk0CI