Do you guys think that people who 1/8, 1/4, and barely break parallel when squatting know they are fucking up?

Do you guys think that people who 1/8, 1/4, and barely break parallel when squatting know they are fucking up?

Or do you think they legitimately think they are going ATG? I'm tired of seeing this shit all the time.

>inb4 reddit spacing, op is gay, and why are you looking at niggas squat

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YNvXZ7p7Z8E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Reddit spacing

Post ignored, please kys

>ATG

Complete meme. You squat to where the natural arc of your back begins to bend.

When I first started squatting, I would quarter squat but I had no idea I WAS quarter squatting. I was getting horrible knee pain from my shit form so I decided to really nail down my form. Then came across Clarence and decided to legitimately go for ATG. But to answer your question, no most people don't know they're still that high. It's a combination of ignorance and egolifting.

I think they just don't know, maybe they think they're parallel and that's it but they can't really tell. I always wondered this myself.

>going to parallel is bad for you knees bro
They know, and they think they're right

>saw a kid with $250 worth of gear squatting 185 for 3

I dont care about them because I focus on myself when I go to the gym

>unironically caring about things that other people do in the gym that don't affect you or anyone else
Jesus Christ

As I deeply believe that people in general are bad unless they want to prove otherwise, I am quite sure most of them are ego-lifters. Example from last week - there is one guy, who looks like a regular fatso working construction sites. He started with doing shitty barbell rows (5 inches ROM), then shitty deadlifts that were neither normal deadlifts nor romanian deadlifts, while of this was happening I have been doing my squats and watching this atrociousness. Normally I would do 5x5, but my squat is already surpassing other lifts, so I did ramped-up sets and then some pause-squats and this shithead first loaded around 50-55% of what I had on the barbell, he did some quarter squats...then loaded almost exactly the same weight I had during my last set, unracked already shaking and trembling and then pushed himself to do 5 reps 1/8-squats. Funny thing is that I am working with really low weight, I mean, come on, I am just a beginner, I am not there to impress anyone, but to do my job and leave. While this fucking fatso couldn't get over the fact that someone weighing probably 60-80lbs less than him is actually stronger.

this

It's just being new and not confident.

You think 135 is the minimum so you start with that but it's too much.

at least break up the essay a bit, that block of text hurts my eyes

It was nothing of value, but I will make a tl;dr version for you.

>tl;dr - meeting weaklings, who desperately want to lift as much as anyone stronger than them.

I think they don't actually think that have to break parallel to get a good squat.
Saw a guy doing it in the gym today, maybe down to 45 degrees and it wasn't even 2pl8. I think they are just so bad at squats compared to upper body that they can't stand the idea of doing the amount of weight they could going below parallel.

This is why I unironically enjoy CrossFit. If your form isn't correct, the coach will come and fix it.

This is dependant on form and core strength so no.

My back used to bend with the weight I "thought" I should not low at all. I got bad back pain from going low from buttwink.

I worked on form, went back to squatting 95 pounds, and got lifting shoes. Started back over and got my form checked.

Now I front squat 3pl8 A inches above G.

Obviously exceptionally long limbed people will have some limits, and you can build big legs without atg squats or even any squats, but most people can also atg if they try.

I've actually gone back to pure BW squatting just to iron out my form. I want to be able to pull off pistol squats before I go back to barbells.

Also it got really fucking annoying doing low bars at the gym and every single time some douche coming up to tell me my form is off, and then when I ask them how they just tell me I'm supposed to "cradle it on my shoulders". I went back to high bars because it would happen every time I went to the gym.

youtube.com/watch?v=YNvXZ7p7Z8E
Maybe they will correct during a training session, but this doesn't even need any commentary.

I find lowbar super uncomfortable; not just on my back, but also my arms.

>tfw 6'3 and can't lowbar squat

It's easy to think you're at parallel if you just blindly trust the mirror in front of you. But you'll at least be close to it. The people who go nowhere close, who even knows... they probably made NO attempt to learn proper form and either a dumbass friend showed them or they literally made it up on their own.

>185
gear? you mean shoes and some knee wraps?

This