Shoes thread

Im willing to drop some money on nice lifting shoes.

Any recommendation?

Is raised heel actually good? Isnt it unnatural

Thank you.

there really is no difference between the $20 and the $200 ones. Both have A. a raised heel and B. a flat sole

Call it unnatural, but low highbar squats will be easier and you will not get injured using them

an in compressible flat sole, i meant to say

Adipower is good but expensive, the same can be said for the Nike Romaleos 3.

Powerlift 3.1 is merely okay, no TPU heel.

Adidas Crazypower weightlifting shoe recently got a huge price drop on amazon, it's the cheapest Adidas and the quality of the shoe is as good as the Adipower while still being better than the Powerlift.

The Leistung series have a 1" heel, and are expensive.

try wei rui
real decent, cheap, beginner shoe

just wear some fucking running shoes what the FUCK

-t. person without the expensive ones

the expensive ones are actually better, more stable, less compresable, (look nicer)

there is a reason you dont see Olympic athletes with shit shoes

cause they are shit

D O

N O T

R E C C O M E N D

B E G I N N E R

S H O E S

just go balls deep and buy the expensive ones NOW instead of shit ones at first then good ones later

fucking poor people are so stupid

Romaleoe 3s are straight shit. The strap will tear the buckle, the tongue tears easily off and it's completely garbage...don't buy the 3s

don't get fucking lifting shoes. they're completely overrated

I use Powerlift 3's by Adidas,
i really like them, no issues with them whatsoever.

adipowers are all you need. dont listen to people saying buy the cheap shoes. Buy some adipowers and only wear them while lifting im sure they'll last forever. They are pretty aesthetic too which is nice.
t. someone who bought adidas powerlift 3s and switched to adipowers

t. person with romaleos 2, ackshully

You will find little difference, other than a psychological one, between a $60 shoe and the top end. Olympic shoes are no great feat of engineering - literally a solid sole and a raised heel.

And yes, olympians buy the best because its their lifework and they need every edge and they train with them everyday. Do you think somebody posting on this shithole needs the most expensive shoe out their for their purpose?

Vs Athletics has a great one that I like more than expensive pairs.

Further, the adistars, one of the most popular designs, are a wedge of wood ffs. They are nothing magical.

I have power perfect 2's which I bought for about $90 and I've had them for 5 years now. Invest in a pair of wl shoes if you can, it's worth it.

lift in flats or go home

you guys are fucking retarded. all you need are black chucks. They are 40 bucks and will last ~2 years if you only wear them for gym use

>t. lowbar shitter

There really is no point in getting them unless you're going to train C&J and Snatch.

If you're thinking about getting them for squatting or some shit, don't. Spend the money on protein or treat yourself.

If you're not convinced, buy some powerlifts, use them for a few sessions and if you like them return them and purchase the adipowers/romaleos/leistung/etc.

If you don't like them, return them and keep lifting how you were.

Pro-tip: use amazon

hah jokes on you faggot i havent hit legs in a month

the reason people fucking fap to those shoes are because of how good their construction is.

You buy some shitty powerlifts, their heel compresses, sole starts detaching from inside of shoe, etc.

you buy adipowers/romaleos/etc you get your money's worth as is with every product.

Also the wedge of wood is not compressible but handled shock really well and reduced joint damage.

>Im willing to drop some money on nice lifting shoes.
>Is raised heel actually good? Isnt it unnatural

Please don't buy lifting shoes.

You clearly don't understand what they are used for and if that is the case you won't understand when you would need them

Don't be THAT GUY walking around the gym doing every lift in some fitness accessory that helps on 2 lifts

Are there any high heeled lifting shoes (1 in.+)? Ive heard adidas leistungs are good but thats guap, hoping to minimize investment

running shoes are retarded, sole compression eats into your ability to drive up and makes your balance randomly different for every rep. like squatting on a bosu ball

I don't understand the point of buying weightlifting shoes unless your moving some serious weight tho, seems ostentatious and faggy. like bourgie bitches with perfectly coordinated "running outfits". converse are fine

I am not denying more expensive shoes have better construction, nor am i denying certain shoes can be very poorly constructed, but OP is asking what shoe is best for him.

He is probably not C&Jing +200kg regularly if he is here asking these questions, let's be real. And since their is virtually no difference between say wei rui and the powerlifts for a recreational lifter who is just learning squats, its not appropriate to recommend top of the range.

It's like deciding you want to play golf one day and going out and buying the most expensive club set you can find.

If he stated he has been lifting for 2-3 years, wants to get into competitive lifting, which shoe for me?, then yes, I would recommend as you, but he didnt.

i have the adipower, they're awesome

>isn't it unnatural

so are barbells, shut the fuck up fagit

so overrated that literally every world class lifter uses them

Nobody on Veeky Forums is world class. Nobody here needs them.

Agreed I either rock converse or socks

>WHAT IS A SPONSORSHIP
Brainlet confirmed

Quick question guys! Is this girl at work attracted to me?:

>Would stare at me, I would look over, she wouldn't stop staring even after I looked over
>Places index finger on lip as we talk
>Reveals personal information third time I've worked with her
>Get her phone # no problem
>Points feet and torso towards me as we talk
>Eye contact
>Bats eyelids
>Whenever she's busy over text and doesn't reply right away she apologizes for it
>Texts first

Btw she's older than me. I'm 18, she's 21. What do I do????

Barefoot/minimalist is best for your kinetic chain.

Using gear to patch up your weaknesses is a one way ticket to snapcity bub.

>If you're thinking about getting them for squatting or some shit, don't. Spend the money on protein or treat yourself.
Some people have bad ankle mobility and olympic shoes help. I've got money to blow so I use olympic shoes, they are more comfortable and stable than chucks.
You fuck her in the butt.

The crazy power is on a huge discount on amazon.com for some sizes OP, I would get that as it has TPU unlike the Powerlift.

bunch of retards in this thread. any runner knows about heal-to-toe drop, most elite runners wear 1-3mm for training and its what you should wear when squatting because its basically bearfoot. go to a sports store and google each shoe until you find a few you like with a low heel to toe mm

Real tired of brainlets who get emotionally upset that other people are using shoes to improve thier workouts

Any in the Power Perfect 2 price range and over should be good. Can't really go wrong with the Adipowers.
I wouldn't go cheap and buy the Powerlifts 2. The heel is lower and you're just gonna regret not buying the more expensive ones sooner than later.

Is it worth getting lifting shoes if I high bar squat? Or are my converse fine?

>the most expensive club set

how much of a poorfag do you have to be to make such a comparison in a thread about 200$ weightlifting shoes?

Literally every sport has a specialized shoe. You don't tell a footballer to wear running shoes. You don't tell a wrestler to wear running shoes. You don't tell a golfer to wear running shoes. You don't tell a skateboarder to wear running shoes. Etc etc.

>It's like deciding you want to play golf one day and going out and buying the most expensive club set you can find

That is what you are supposed to do, more or less. You won't buy another set for a very long time, if ever. So you buy quality, something that you can grow into rather than out of.

>rich people are less careful with their money than poor people

oh, sweety :)

Power Perfect 2. Our boy Clarence used to move some ridiculous weight in these so they good, I use them myself.

Nothing fancy, just dig the style and they have a flat heel

sup dyel

is this bait or are you just retarded

They're actually a great shoe, I've had mine since they day they dropped and I have no issues. Take better care of your shit.

I only regret getting white.

Why would you wear squat shoes to deadlift you mongaloid?

That guy probably takes his shoes off for everything. walks up to the rack to do curls, stops and removes shoes first.

No, you are the retards

>High bar squatting in converse

lol