Is exercise really as transformative as people say it is?

Is exercise really as transformative as people say it is?

I ask because I have been exercising and none of the magical stuff has happened yet:
-I haven't gone from a skinny virgin loser to a fit Chad with a wife and kids.
-I don't feel like I have much more energy in general.
-I haven't gained significant mental clarity and focus.

Is it all just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/size-vs-strength/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8201909
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/75/6/1012.long
strongerbyscience.com/your-drug-free-muscle-and-strength-potential-part-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Damn, you should probably kys

Are you losing weight or trying to gain it?

If the former, of course you'll have less energy, you're taking less in, and you're expending more. It's when you are trying to get shredded as FUUUARRKK that you start feeling all those things.

Bump. I've lost 40lbs and feel basically the same.

How long have you been lifting/calisthenics

Yeah, how long?

It took me about six months of lifting 4-5 times a week to really start to feel transformed. Now I can't go a day without the gym and my confidence and test have shot through the roof. Been lifting about 2 years now.

Protip: don't focus on your body, how you look, or all about the future. Focus on the challenge and joy of pushing yourself, of feeling your strength, and testing your limits. If you have the right perspective, everything else will come in time.

I started lifting about a month ago. I'm 36.

I've already noticed a change. Not in terms of appearance, but I can feel connections inside my body that weren't there before. If someone interrupts my workout day I get cranky.

I can't wait to see how I feel in 5 months.

maybe you should try training instead of excercising

you will always feel "normal" because you are human, as a human you are still prone to emotions, being challenged, enjoying your life etc.

stop being a bitch, it wont make you superman but it improves your life a lot

>If someone interrupts my workout day I get cranky.
Thats just autism, not lifting related.

Fair enough, I'm HFA.

You need steroids for the wow effect.

I thought that was common knowledge?

Just use roids, wtf are you doing with your time.

This

depends on your hormonal profile
with very low test you can workout for years and still look like shit, while others get away with 6 months of brosplit and look great.
frame is very important since it determines how many muscles you can put onto your bones

> 1)A ton of factors influence strength beyond muscle size and skill with the movements used to test strength. The strength of individual muscle fibers, normalized muscle force, muscle moment arms, and body proportions can all have significant, independent effects on strength.
> 2)Just as there’s massive variability in muscle growth – some people gaining a ton of muscle in response to training, and other people gaining very little – there’s massive variability in strength gains as well. Normalized muscle force (how strong a muscle is relative to how large it is) can increase up to 39% for some people and decrease by as much as 5% for others, in response to the exact same training program.
> 3)Early on in training, there’s a very weak relationship between gains in muscle and gains in strength. Gains in muscle mass may explain as little as 2% of the variation in strength gains for new lifters.
> 4)For more experienced lifters, gains in muscle mass may explain up to 65%+ of the variability in strength gains, highlighting hypertrophy as a key factor for strength gains in trained lifters.
> 5)Training style has a big impact on the ratio of strength you gain relative to size, with heavier training generally producing larger gains in strength.
strongerbyscience.com/size-vs-strength/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8201909
>Effect of body build on weight-training-induced adaptations in body composition and muscular strength.
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/75/6/1012.long
>Relations between frame size and body composition and bone mineral status
>2d:4d digit ratio

strongerbyscience.com/your-drug-free-muscle-and-strength-potential-part-1/

>and none of the magical stuff has happened yet.

thats because you look like shit.

you belond to the same kind of faggots who say
>im lifting since years where is my confidence and the girls
It doesnt matter how much you lift, how strong you are, how dedicated you are.
It only matters how you look.
You can lift for 20 years, and if you look like shit you wont get anything out of it, including girls

OP image is a waste of a good twink desu

>started lifting 10 months ago
>got gf
>going out more
>women hitting on me all the time
>confidence skyrockets
>feel better about myself in general
>more assertive, intimidating, dominant
>can comfortably be around people knowing no one will judge me because I'm a skeleton, and if they do give me dirty looks its because they're jealous
>people miring left and right
>realized the world aint so bad

And this all started slowly happening 6 months ago, so I don't know what the fuck you're doing OP. I could've accomplished this without lifting to be honest, but /r9k/ memes brainwashed me into thinking its impossible. Getting fit made me feel better about myself and confident and as a result of that I was happier and people around you notice that and react positively.

>thinking lifting is magical

You need to work on those other things too, user.

post your stats

Pretty much.

The redpill you should take away from Veeky Forums is that any body noteworthy is the result of roids.

Not to take away from the hard work and determination, but don't expect anything above completely mediocre if you are natty.

Roids are also not just for pure mass in terms of body building, I use the term roids when really I should be using 'fraud' mental clarity and such things you're after will come from being a fraud also.

It's actually pretty amazing. Just let it sink in, and then go about ordering your first cycle.

Sadly this guy is right
I've been lifting for a year and still look like shit, so I don't get a fucking thing as far as confidence and being treated d by people goes.

pretty much a meme and what people want to believe.
its the same weird fucks that go "what do i even DO on rest days guys??" the same shit you do with the other 14 hours on workoput days dipshit.
lifting is just such a small part of life, i dont even like it when people call it a hobby.

as this user stated here. You actually look good, while OP looks shit but thinks lifting in itself is enough to turn things around.

this 100%

i've been cruising for a year on test-e with very low dose aromasin and i have the perfect balance of hormones it feels incredible. i've never been depressed even though i've had some tough workloads at uni and i have days where i get constant dopamine rushes and am just in an incredibly good mood for no reason

10/10 would recommend

t.lifted for a week

Lifting won't be the cure to all your problems but if you are a sit around autist then it's a significant stepping stone to getting your shit together,