What's the point of deadlifts?

what's the point of deadlifts?

to lift something of the ground

you look at that and tell me it's not the most intensive core exercise ever

this one looked more like oly lift with all that changing position he did

What the fuck was that guy thinking?

>his spine's face when

kinda off topic but i'm trying to get into oly lifts like power cleans and snatches should i be doing these lifts on the same days i'm deadlifting? I'm pretty good at deadlifting and i think i def have the strength to do those other lifts pretty well i'm just sure how to time them in my routine

that question alone tells me that you are a noob at lifting and should go fuck yourself.

If you can't lift death, how do you expect to handle life?

>When your lifts are more dangerous than your bails

these are the guys who post hard to believe records of theirs and give you advice, now everybody can see how that is achieved

what a retard

i mean, shit form of course and all but he almost had that back-snappening 300 kg deadlift achievement

you should do a real program. instead of asking clueless mongs on Veeky Forums how to fuck up your own programming

It's called the deadlift, because the weights start and you end in a "dead" position.

fun

Destroying the back of thousands of young men thanks to ego lifting

No other exercise works your glutes and hamstrings like the deadlift.

Moot point though because 95% of retards just lift with their back anyway.

to snap your spine

To jerk off with other cavemen about muh pull

there is no reason to be alive if you cannot do deadlifts

To develope strength would be the most obvious point. You will never be strong unless you work up serious numbers in some form of squat and deadlift.

It also builds mass, though not very well since it´s eccentric portion is generally hard to control and fast as fuck for most. Stiff-legged deads or deficit deads with focus on the eccentric portion would be a better choice for mass.

However, building your strength also allows you to use heavier weights and cause greater hyperthrophy. Since the deadlift developes strength in your entire posterior chain, core, forearms, traps and even delts, just increasing your deadlift will allow you to go heavier on a lot of excercises.

If you can't deadlift at least 3plaet then you have no business even going for hyperthrophy yet. No amount of 1plaet rows or unweighted pullups will ever make you big. If you´re happy being a 160 lbs twink with abs and a vein or two on your 14 inch arms then you might not need them tho.

Aiming for anything else then do your strengthwork.

its a powerlifting movement, that being said if you're not a powerlifter and you care about not having an arthritic lower back a few years down the line, dont do them its not worth it even with perfect form

I have never deadlifted more than 3pl8 in my life (see no reason to), can BB row 2.5pl8 for reps and have 17.5" arms

wanna fight, little faggot?

to feel manly because you are emasculated by your shitty life

for lanklets to feel like they're strong because they have ridiculously disproportionate spinal erectors while being DYEL in all other aspects

oh fuck off lmao

you don't need to ever do a conventional deadlift in your fucking life if your only goal is aesthethics, fucking geeks and their dogmatic attachment to muh functional strength muh big compounds

i probably outdeadlifted you in hs

You probably can deadlift that though.

To have a good wide stance

why do people throw around magic numbers? you know that 3pl8 for someone 150 lbs is different than for someone who is 200?

>2.5 plaet rows for reps
>3 plaet deadlift

If you´re gonna make shit up then at least put some effort in it?

I can yeah, but I currently see not much reason to do it. I mostly do rows and power cleans, and RDL/leg curls for hams, conventional deads are a bit too taxing for my current programming.

I think they should be reserved for powerlifters that do them with proper form/warmup

I already said to ignore it if you were happy being a twink so fuck off?

i didn't say it was my max, just that I never deadlifted with more than 3 pl8 because I personally see no reason to do so according to my current goals

what the fuck
how do you fall backwards doing deadlifts

use proper form and you will be fine

Post yfw you realise there is literally ZERO evidence to PROVE that deadlifting can cause SPINAL (not muscular) injury.

Hello brother!

I just do them because they're fun. Just got up to 3plt recently. They're really no good for strength and muscle building of the hams and glutes? I find that hard to believe.

>I'm pretty good at deadlifting and i think i def have the strength to do those other lifts pretty well
stop

Kek this

you should not deadlift at all if you want to train snatch and cleans. read up.

>TFW reached 375 dl max at 160 and I'm a 5'8 manlet
Shit feels good man. Idk what's up with this whole deadliftng is a meme meme

that's normal for behind the back. your back isn't stressed because the weight is behind it

is this a rembrandt?

Underrated

jesus fucking christ, I don't think someone actively trying to snap his back in half could do it better

Heavy shit man

Yeah, it's still nothing. I pull 365 at 140lbs no problem

Edward Hopper I think

t. student majoring in unemployment

No, utterly different style and time period. Here's a Rembrandt.

lmao. are you retarded?

it feels so deep, maybe because I'm drunk

>the point of deadlifts
To fuck your shit up. How new are you here?

maan, watching this webms make me feel so tense. i'm just waiting one of these guys to snap in half. holy fuck.

I have a friend who constantly tells me he does deadlifts on back day, as it works your lower back. I politely tell him I do deadlifts on leg days because it works mostly your hamstrings and glutes. He doesn't get the hint. Oh well, I guess I'll bring him flowers when he goes to snap city.

Who told you that?

All these faggots in this thread keep implying that. Unless they're just ironic memeposting, which gets fucking old.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Just stop. It works the entire posterior chain. By lower back, he means spinal erectors, and he is correct.

> 365
> looking like that

That's it. I'm off SS.

show me a picture of your "core"
>nb4 a picture of your flexed back
no, the other side, tubby

Where the fuck do you think the force travels if not through his back? The only difference is that the force is at roughly 20 degree angle, which means over 90% of the weight is still pulling his shoulders vertically.

The lever arm, however, is greatly shortened and allows for more weight. Basically, this excercise allows you to fuck up your shit even more than a regular deadlift ever could.

Looking like what? Some twink dyel that doesn't lift? It's not only not heavy, but he also looks like shit.

Stick with the program, cut down the road. He has probably been lifting for 2 years with minimal gains while you can lift the same in 6 months by sticking to the fucking program.

good lord

REMINDER: you share a board with retards like this

Wow, retard

The mixture of real science and broscience in this post is fucking mindboggling.

why deadlift?

to build your entire back from neck to heel, as well as your quads, hams, abs, and forearms.

It feels good
Real good

w-why is he doing this

It feels incredible. Just did 375x5 (170 bw) and I'm high as fuck at the gym reading Veeky Forums.

I implore everybody here who shits on deadlifts to post a timestamped pic of their body

yes

>tfw hack squats are my favourite deadlift variation and I still haven't snapped my shit up

Hitler abs reporting in for deadlifts suck

only fat powerlifters like deadlifts

lol plz someone screencap this

Is this a (literal) troll post?

pls start training lats 7 days a week.

>being this new

the absolute state of nu-Veeky Forums

Welcome to Veeky Forums guys. Read the sticky before you start asking dumb questions.

No, no. He means it's working exclusively his lower back. Deadlifts should be primarily be driven by your legs. If you think otherwise, you are doing the lift incorrectly.

plenty of guys who are much bigger than you don't deadlift

10/10 catched me of guard

deadlifting works all the way up to your traps buddy

I get that, but I wouldn't call deadlifts a lower back exercise. It is, if you are bending over and have poor form. Deadlifts are something like 70% leg driven, and if you can't distinguish that, your form sucks.

you're a common gymcel, you have no goals
also 120kg rows big fucking deal

I'm just an late intermediate /early advanced lifter buddy. My current goals are the 2 plate press (tm) and a 3.5 pl8 bench (current is 3pl8)

>lifting in socks
>being my negro
pick both

You are 100 percent correct. The reason that retard thinks he's getting a back workout is because he has no idea how to use his hamstrings and keep his back flat.

also, it's safe to say my rows are equivalent to something along a 5pl8 pull, which i guess is atleast something