Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain...

>Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

You didn't neglect your spiritual gains today, did you Veeky Forums?

but Christianity is the weakest spirituality there is
it's literally beta cuckold: the religion

>sprinkle holy water on your infant or I, your benevolent good, shall cast it into the lake of fire since it was incapable of praising me
>I shall raise the murderers and child molester to live in my kingdom, provided they seek me. But that John fellow that rescued puppies and fed the homeless? He doesn't believe. Fuck that guy.

Well that's weird, that's the passage they read at my baccalaureate a couple months ago.

Weird.

>I don't like it, therefore it's wrong
I'm not even Christian and I know this is stupid. Christians aren't Christians because they like Christianity, they're Christians because they believe the Holy Bible is an accounting of a real deity and how it runs things.

Not to mention that there literally is a special place for people who were good but didn't believe in God which is actually exceptionally nice it's just that you'll never meet God while you're there, which shouldn't really matter too much anyway since a person who goes there doesn't believe in him regardless.

>a special place for people who were good but didn't believe in God which is actually exceptionally nice it's just that you'll never meet God while you're there
yes
the vast majority of all humans in history are in that place
sitting around
doing nothing
forever
because that's all they can do. jail of boredom is such a nice place, much better than the lake of fire I guess. I mean, fuck them for not being born after the time of jesus right? fuck them for not being near civilizations that are Christians right?

Christianity is a joke and was thought up by dipshits who couldn't fathom a literal god wouldn't be aware that those on the other side of the world wouldn't hear of this shit in hundreds of years. But oh well, it's all apart of his mysterious master plan that is infallible. Totes legit brah, totes not generic cult ideology bullshit

Funny how that painting depicts Jesus as a blue eyed white man when in reality he was a shit skinned brown eyed manlet.

Also this. Have fun spiritually cucking yourself.

Strong faith suppports a fit lifestyle. Gives mental fortitude and staves of extreme vanity.

Can't really see any reason to substantially link Orthodoxy and gym work together though.

Christianity is simply a crutch for those who are scared to die. Or are uncertain in how to be a decent person and have to have it spelled out for them.
It gives people peace of mind that when they die they don't just switch off and there's nothing after. It also gives them incentive to do good. And incentive to try and "save" others by converting them, to rescue their immortal souls from eternal purgatory.
Really, Christianity is a religion of fear mongering to scare people into decent behavior despite having a God that arbitrarily kills millions on a whim. Or, you know, order a man to kill his brother then impregnate his brother's wife, then kills him when he pulls out and spills his seed on the ground (this is where the masturbation is evil thing came from). The whole thing is fucked.

>muh skygod is better than your skygod

>worshipping a dead Jew

No thanks. My ancestors would be appalled.

Also a nice and easy way to control the poor and stupid

I wouldn't call myself by any religious name at this point, but I also am at the point where I know I cannot worship myself as my own god, because that is what has led men and women both down a path of degeneracy and self destruction. If I live to serve myself, then providing myself with base pleasure is fulfilling a higher purpose, and that's the attitude I see from a lot of modern people "My immediate pleasure is above all else, there is no higher power than my own happiness".

That being said I think Christianity is a rather weak religion, that besides it's elements borrowed from european pagan traditions, has no roots in the physical world, which is essential for any religion.

*tips fedora*

I was raised Christian. If you read the thing you would know how messed up it all is.

I don't want to sound like a fedora, but seriously, why should I waste my time with that shit? I cannot prove that anything outside of my own concsiousness exists. No matter what, I cannot know anything else for certain. I would rather spend my time learning to be comfortable in my own existence right now, rather than waste it preparing for the small possibility of an afterlife.

I'm not following your logic. How would a belief that there is a God that's going to hold you accountable for everything you've ever done in your life provide comfort over the idea that you're just going to die and cease to exist one day, and that nothing you've done will matter?

>not mixing preworkout with holy water

never gonna make it

>has no roots in the physical world

The Catholic understanding of God is the existence of being itself, the first cause of the universe, the unmoved mover of which all existence is contingent upon. To deny the Logos is to deny all order to the universe. Also Catholicism teaches that God became man so that man might become God, so the incarnation has roots in the physical world that Islam and Judaism simply do not have.

Because Christ died for our sins and our God is a merciful God. That's why it is called the Gospel, which means "the good news".

Is that really the Catholic understanding of God? If so, it's incredibly heretical when judged against the Bible.

And through belief in Him and his mercy, after you die you'll be at the pearly gates of Heaven awaiting the call from Saint Peter to allow you entrance inside the eternal paradise where there is no death, conflict, starvation, want, or need of anything. That is their hope. There is no proof anywhere that this will happen, which is why it is a religion built upon the foundation of blind faith and hope.

As opposed to, you know, you die. Followed by nothingness. The concept is super frightening to a lot of people, so they need to latch on to some hope that death is not the end.

Catholicism does not teach blind faith, it teaches fides et ratio (faith and reason). "Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth; and God has placed in the human heart a desire to know the truth- in a word, to know himself- so that, by knowing and loving God, men and women may also come to the fullness of truth about themselves.” JPII

Your emphasis on the afterlife neglects that through Catholicism millions of people come to know peace and love in THIS life.

>catholic apologist /pol/fags
>proud of their heritage pagan /pol/fags

Hm, really activates the almonds.

What do you honestly think Heaven is in Christian mythology? It's not a fucking paradise, I don't think you understand that. It's not Valhalla, you don't run around drinking wine and having fun for eternity, it's exactly the same as Limbo except you get to say "What's up" to God every now and then.

The point of christian morality is not to be nice and polite in this world so you can be a hedonist in the next, it's to be nice and polite in this world so you can be nice and polite in the next world but while also saying hi to God.

Saying "It's too mean for me" is a betacuck way of rejecting an already beta religion. Christianity bases its existence on events that are poorly documented and understood. That is a good way of rejecting it. You shouldn't base your religious beliefs on what religion you like, you should base them on what religion seems the most plausibly true and offers the best explanation for events and how to live your life.

>Christian empires conquer and colonize the entire world
>Christianity is a beta religion

The only difference here is that reasonable human beings should behave that way without needing written instructions by two thousand year old mysterious book written by other humans who were under the influence of various narcotics and over generations of mistranslation and revision. I live by their same rules because they are good rules in general. Not because of the promise of a reward. No one should need a reward to be a decent individual.

If it is so obvious there wouldn't be so much philosophical work written against the idea of loving your neighbor as yourself. It is very counter intuitive to a lot of people. But I am not saying you can't be a moral person without being Catholic, although moral lines are often blurred without religion. A person is much more likely to condone abortion, assisted suicide, homosexuality, in vitro fertilization, etc if they are not a Christian. What I am saying is that if you have God in your life you are much more likely to have inner peace and joy in your life, and there is a lot of empirical evidence that supports that.

“Thou hast made us for thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” St. Augustine

Maybe I am a minority then. I don't hate religious people or think they're stupid for their beliefs. If it's what they need, then I'm glad they've found it. It would be far too much energy to hate in that manner and it would be self-polluting anyway.