Is there any benefit to ruck marches...

Is there any benefit to ruck marches? I'm stationed on Benning and I see these fuckin 75th guys running with these fucking things on. Why does the Army beg to replace knees?

Because it's required for what they need to do out in the field, not what's healthy for them.

Sua Sponte.

>guess you don't understand that, do you 3rd?

mental toughness

>The stories I could tell
>The things I have seen
>Now I'm some civi with memories of another time....

Military training is retarded

They want to harden you up, but the soldiers still end being little pussies in a real world combat

it would be better to send them to their death in a africa shithole and THEN train those who survive

This. Ranger batt guys need to be able to ruck a ridiculous distance for their movements since they're often used to either push in or go behind enemy lines.

>Is there any benefit to ruck marches?
It does get easier after a while.
>Why does the Army beg to replace knees?
Knees are just collateral damage. Army just wants troops that are able to move from A to B swiftly.

>Hurr Durr we volunteer 3 times!

rucking is what the fucking infantry does in the field. you walk, then you fight, then you walk , then you fight

what the fuck do you want them to train in

dancing?

Ruck marches aren't necessarily bad for your health, I believe anything less than 40 pounds isnt bad for your knees. They're a good way to build discipline and endurance in your legs

Rucking is good for building core and hips and shit like that. My sit-ups skyrocketed when I started doing weekly rucks. But I only jogged with the stuff every other week, and only off-road

>anything less than 40 pounds
>rucking

>did a 14km ruck in FFO with 90lbs while grossly out of shape
It's not physically exhausting, just mentally tiring (and you get sore shoulders I guess).

Vet here.
Rucking will be something you become very familiar with. It sucks and it's horrible for your knees but it does a hell of a lot for your mental and endurance conditioning.

>that good feel i joined an MOS that was driving based

Why the fuck does the US military insist on soldiers carrying shit upwards of 100 pounds in combat? Not only does it reduce mobility but it makes you for a easier target. Most soldiers don't even need half the shit they carry. It makes literally zero sense.

All contemporary armies have 0 war experience outside of fucking guerrillas and pijama warriors

If a full wedged conflict were to happen between two professional armies they would change all after realizing 90% of what they thought would work in a modern war doesn't do shit at all

>sore shoulders

i used the waist clips and put all the weight on the waist, much easier than the shoulders. after some km all the random pains go away and you just go on

t. two 40km rucks with 25 kg backpack + weapon (once with 11 kg fn mag machine gun)

i imagine its a case of "better to have it than to not".

Hopefully a war with the Norks can change this retarded fucking mindset. The US military right now is shafted from all this bureaucracy and PC bullshit. Guys with no combat experience who sit in their cushy little office cubicles get to decide what the soldiers "need". This is utter bullshit. Something needs to change.

Thing is most guys don't even need it half the time.

It's not required, its just what they like to do because they don't want to win wars, and its not like the life long healthcare comes out of the paycheck of Generals