Nasal septum deviation

I have nasal septum deviation, which to repair means breaking my nose and reconstructing it. When they do that, do I have the option of asking the doctors to change the nose however I want? I have a pretty big nose ( as in wide, not jewish ).

What are some perfect noses, Veeky Forums? Has any of you done something like this before? Got any before / after pics?

>What are some perfect noses, Veeky Forums?
the nose of the chosen peoples

I have the same thing but last I talked to my doctor about it they made it sound like it involved surgery. Do you have difficulty breathing through your nose? Frequent Sinus infections?

I do have difficulty breathing through my nose, and it affects my swimming, as in I can't fucking breathe.

Rate my nose, OP.

S'aight.

/rate/

That's a pretty solid nose.

You could drink an arrogant bastard and be ready for 3 more.

>Breathing only through your npse when swimming
Confusion ensues

9/10

I had two friends who had surgery, one fixed his septum and had some polyps removed, the other one fixed his septum and changed his nose's appearance.
First one said his congestion got marginally better, nothing extraordinary (he was a decongestant junkie though). Second one said his breathing improved noticeably, but he has a semi-permanent pain on his nose that doesn't allow him to put on glasses.

I did it, and while I recommend it to everyone with septum deviation, the healing period is pretty nasty. I couldn't touch my nose for 6 weeks without sharp pain, and while the nasal tubes they insert help with breathing, they felt gross. For cosmetic changes you usually have to pay out of pocket, while healthcare takes over the cost of corrective surgery

Surgeon made sure to tell me the first time we meet not to ask him to do plastic surgery, and that i should do that at a later time if i wished to. I guess everyone has the same thought process as you OP.

Also naval septum deviation surgery doesn't mean breaking your nose. They just work on your septum. It's a minor sugery.

My nose looks the same now as it did before the surgery.

Man up and start saving for the plastic sugery

bump

>tfw big crooked nose
Do I have the nasal septum deviation thing you're talking about?

They don't break it, they just shave off cartilage. I had this done because I couldn't breathe right. They also shaved down both turbinates

bump

Bumping

If you don't have trouble breathing through your nose then no.

>tfw I also have a large crooked nose but too poor for a nose job right now.

my doctor had to break mine because the deviation was immense. It didnt bleed a lot though and he was quite surprised that i didnt make a bloodbath on my bed on the first 5 days after surgery

FYI, OP, this can and likely will negatively affect your sense of smell. It's nothing life-changing, but be aware of it.

>When they do that, do I have the option of asking the doctors to change the nose however I want?
No, that's something entirely separate.

Didn't have any major pain with mine, but I was prescribed a fairly low dose of painkillers.

nigger

rate
>inb4 CHI
I know it's not perfect.

Pig schnoz = best schnoz

you look racist

doctor

Rate

Shasta?

Septoplasty (correcting the septum) does not change the shape of the nose (source: been there, done that).

the septum is on the inside - the part that divides your nose internally - and goes way back.

can't really tell from the outside. mine was bent ALL the way and you could never tell from my nose.

Master race, you could mold that nose and sell it to women and fags as a sex toy

Yo whaddup Afghan guy. I remember you from another thread.

That beard is so good it looks fake.

>t. scraggle dude

I got the same thing.
>Went to doc
>Complaining nose bleeds, breathing, soreness
>Said excess mucus
>Gave nasal spray, cream, antihistamine
>Did jack shit

Worst part about it is how loud my breathing is.
Embarrassing as fuck in an elevator full of people.
Even any quiet environment, hear me huffing like 10ft away.

Surely a straight one presses differently on the outside.
I never used to be jewy and I had more of a rounded tip like a boop-nose.
Do people grow into their jew or what?