Serious talk

Okay guys let's have a real discussion here. 99.9% of the time, you're going to have a shirt on. If you're cut but small (not talking about moderate, i mean small with abs, like 175lbs at 6'0 small) and you're talking about aesthetics, nobody will think you're fit if you have a shirt in. So 99.9% of your time in public you'll just look skinny, not even fit.

Someone prove me wrong. Someone show me abs, 17" arms, and sub-200lbs at non manlet height

>inb4 needless hate
Look I'm just looking to be proven wrong here. I think we all need a serious reconsideration of our goals here.

>I lift for myself, not grills
Okay nigger then why are you weak and starving yourself

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=72iZMrhvoFo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fuck off dough-boy

who gives a shit.

If you wanna be huge just roid.

If you are happy with just being fit and in shape, then stay natty.

also take off your trip you fucking faggot.

You are neither right nor wrong

We all have different ideals and goals and even if you are lifting for girls you still can't generalize their taste into one body type

What's your point? That we should just give up?
I lift because I like it and "starve" myself because I like the way I look afterwards. No other reason. If you can't understand that then you haven't been lifting for long enough or lack some serious mental gains.

Normies notice gains more than lifters.
I attribute this to severe BDD affecting how we see other gym dudes as "small".

What's your point? That you need to have lots of mass to look big?

iya

People are telling me I look like I'm in good shape/lift and I'm like 6'1 180 @ 12% with 14 inch guns lol that's without even telling them I lift or anything. I'm nowhere near my final form, it's quite hilarious.

I used to be 150 pounds so maybe that's why.

I agree, this is 100% true.

At 85kg and 5'7 I get a lot of comments saying I'm muscular and shit when I have clothes on. Despite the fact I'm actually like 20% bodyfat and have a gut (that I can hide easily because I have strong core).

I cut down to 73kg and looked DYEL in a shirt, but without a shirt on I looked very muscular.

Losing 12kg of fat made me look like I had gained 12kg of muscle (when shirtless)

Christ... whats his dick look like?

vascularity is cheating

>Veeky Forums

get lean dude, not having abs sucks, you will never go back

He's 5'6" though, of course he looks big.

this.
abs is more than just having visible abs when you take your shirt off.
abs is a mindset that radiates through your shirt in the form of pure confidence created by having abs.

>inb4 little skinny bitch
I cut down from 95kg fatass powerlifter down to 77kg and I can definitely say the confidence from abs is better than the confidence from strength.

Wear a tighter shirt

the guy that I replied to is 5'7, not that big of a difference

Yeah, shit, I should read more. I agree though, I'm trying to get abs lean because anything else just looks like you aren't even serious about fitness to me.

Trick question. Manlets can't get 17inch arms. Anything above 16" is next to impossible under 6'0.

Inb4 6'0 is manlet

5'10 with 17" here natty

>Manlets can't get 17inch arms
pic related 5'7 and 20'' arms

I'm sure that there are more manlets with 17+ inch arms

>take off your trip

This guy gets it. We need more people like him

youtube.com/watch?v=72iZMrhvoFo

you can be lean and have some size to you despite what autistic powerlifters on Veeky Forums believe.

Also we live in a time where everyone is DYEL or fat as fuck (NA at least). It is pretty easy to look Veeky Forums

There are way too many factors to this shit. I hate black and white statements like "this is the only way" that is here so often.

If you're a strong dude and don't mind carrying extra chub, go for it. If you feel better lean, then lean down a bit.

You don't need a certain look to be desirable to other people. Everyone is different.

Boardie is my goal body, but I'm gonna need gyno surgery to get rid of my puffy point gyno nips if I want to pull off strong chub mode. That's just me

Do what the fuck you want to do, don't let other people drive your car to success

Thats why, as a natty, you should stay in the 12-14% bf range. Lean but still looking full

Then wear a small/tight shirt, you don't have to buy larger shirts for no good reason.

Try going to festivals and beaches. When I lived by the beach I was shirtless at least 10% of the time

youre fat though

lol no
I weight under 80kg most days

>99% percent of the time you have a short on and look kindda small if you're cut

Agreed. But that 1% of the time shirtless will be enough to body mog people for generations to come of you're properly ripped (

Looking dyel with a shirt on is a good thing. Learn to dress well

Why not dress well AND look fit?

Because you can't. Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums here, and aside from summer it's pretty much impossible to do both since the trend for men's clothing is slim fit, tapered etc... This is more of a problem with legs than upper body, but still you will look 100x better ottermode wearing a slim fit linen button down in early fall than you will if you're a roid droid.

That's not to say that you can't look fine wearing a t-shirt and jeans like every big guy does, but you're not gonna be "dressing well" in any real sense of the term. Depends on how much this matters to you. If you just want to be banging sloots you can take your pick and be fine either way, but if you're actually into fashion you're gonna need to lose some weight

It's all about having wide shoulders and well developed traps, plus arms that fill out your shirt, that's it.

If you have shit shoulder and trap genetics, then too bad, you'll always look DYEL unless you roid.

>but still you will look 100x better ottermode wearing a slim fit linen button down in early fall than you will if you're a roid droid.

>t. DYEL

Looking like you lift is a good thing, it makes you look more masculine. Girls don't want boys, they want men and men have muscle.

Maybe you're right, but to me 'dressing well' is some chinos and a dress shirt, which is fine as long as you're not roidhuge.

Okay post your arm then tubby

Did you read a fucking thing that I said? I didn't say you have to be auschwitz you illiterate gorilla, just that it's difficult to be huge and still be fashionable. You have to find a middle ground where you're in good shape, aesthetic but still have a fairly slim build (which is generally ottermode).

Yea like I said, you can look fine and be better dressed than 95% of dudes on a college campus if you lift. Hell just putting a modicum of effort into your outfit will put you in the top percentile regardless of your body. But if you want to really stand out and have an individual sense of fashion that's still in line with current trends, it's better for men (right now, trends change over time obviously) to be on the slimmer side.

thankyou, user

It depends entirely on the shirt you are wearing and which muscle groups are developed.

If you have big traps, and some good arms, people will always see you are jacked even with an xxl shirt.

If you are cut and visually lack the mass, you just need to wear a shirt that fits nicely.

Im 185lbs at 6', so not big at all, but this black shirt im wearing in the picture makes me look huge.

And if i wear something else, its as if i lost 20 lbs of mass.

Being lean gives you face gains which is like the most important thing when it comes to girls

/fraud/
lookin good tho

this so much.
for me, the difference from 15 to 10% was night and day.
It completely changes the contours of your face and jawline.

ok, I did run a half-cycle of sterons a year and a half-ish prior to that photo. Only ran 4 weeks and binned the rest since my kidneys really don't respond well to them. eGFR dropped like fuck for the brief time I was on.

No, lifters just become redpilled. Normies are easily fooled by the slightest bit of muscle mass, but lifters know that the natty limit is actually shit.

This is my ideal physique. I don't care about abs.

>the natty limit is shit
it really isn't
with the right diet, training, and rest you can get juicy/strong as fuck. It just takes a hell of a lot longer than a steroid user, and the upper limit is obviously different.

Depends where you live imho. If you live in a warm and sunny place you might wanna be leaner. If the climate is not that great it doesn't really matter. Don't go above 15-17% because in most occassions your face will become bloated and you wanna avoid that

Shoulders are a biiig part of it

People with naturally big shoulders have wider chests which also adds to it. I always had big shoulders at like 21''-22'' even before I started lifting and people were always asking me if I lifted or played sports and I didn't

Shirts are gonna fit you much better and look more snug rather than being baggy and down to your knees

how big are your arms?

You know that's still like 10-12% bodyfat, right?

Boa I just look fat in a t-shirt

And out of one ;_;

>love handles and barely visible abs
i'd say more like 15%

Post an unfiltered pic of you flexing your bicep retard, not an old ass picture of you smashing your tricep up against your side to make it look bigger

If you wanna look fit in clothes you just need t-shirts that are snug around chest and arms and hang loosely around your stomach. Thank me later.

>Being this insecure that someone skinnier than you might bang chicks
Holy insecurity Batman!

1.85m 80kg.
It's not even that hard to look fit you retard. All you need are big enough pecs that are form a noticeable shape through your shirt, that's about it.

>lifting for girls: the poster

Absolutely pathetic

Just wear a shirt that's a couple of sizes too small.
I've barely been natty lifting for a year and you can easily see my pecs when I wear a small shirt.

>Wears incredibly tight shirt
>Thinks no one else can pull off looking fit with a shirt this tight
Grade A autism.

how the fuck do you find casual button up shirts or dress shirts?

do you have to get everything tailored

just curious because my shoulders aren't even that big yet I have issues with this

16 inches

I think he's talking about natty manlets. A grandma could get 20 inch guns with roids.

I feel you. I cut down last year to single digit body fat. Actually got a little stronger in the process to.
Now I am twenty pounds heavier, stronger, and look good with clothes on, but I miss the way I felt when I was smaller. There is a sort of confidence that comes with it, like you say. There was this in between stage where I was still pretty lean, but the muscles were filled, and abs were bulky. I liked that to and feel the it's pretty sustainable.

you've already been mogged into oblivion, no need to keep posting just take some time away from Veeky Forums to recuperate

>tripfag makes a stupid post
was it autism?

just wear more fitted shirts, and you'll look like you lift

My gf enjoys licking my abs so thats why I stay lean.

If u are an idiot who lifts for girls heres a red pill.
Womens mind:
>veiny arms and abs
>woah you are so fit

Builtfat in their eyes is just "big", you could be overweight aka dad bod instead.

logan paul has 17.5" arms and is like 6'2" or something? He's pretty lean too.

>wear fitted shirts
>wear tank tops
>talk to girls about lifting and when they ask for proof that you lift, show them your gains
>post gym pics on Instagram

175lbs sub 10 % bodyfat at 6'0 isn't small though.

You'd look muscular in a nice fitting top.

That picture works so much better if you pretend it's Dennis from Always Sunny.

>Boardie is my goal body

Hope you like needles boi

>trip off
You're new here

Calvin Klein, they fit me perfectly, 18 36-37 fits gr8.

you're an idiot. its tiny.

He's got no ab separation at all, that's at least 17/18%

I lift purely for strength, and not for girls. I started lifting because I saw how miserable my parents were due to their weight, and I told myself I never wanted to be like that. Wasn't interested in aesthetics, so that left me with strength training. Turns out when you don't lift for looks you don't attract girls that want that, so my girl prefers what I've got compared to being the Veeky Forums standard of shredded. I'm by no means fat, I still have somewhat visible abs but I'd never define myself as lean. I don't know how anons that lift for girls even stay motivated to be honest, only takes a few years to figure out that what they think means next to fucking nothing. Pussy doesn't need to be on so high a pedestal.

Shorts are too long

Whatever you say buddy, I'm not the one that roided to look like garbage

what size shirt do you wear, XL?

>6'0 171 lbs
>started at 133 lbs
>back in the gym for 3 months
>its bench day
>all the benches are taken except for 2 big guys about to do incline DB bench
>ask to work in
>warm up with 30lb DBs
>their faces when
>50lb 75lb 85lb
>you must be warming up to something big huh
>they grab the hundreds and both do a set
>one guy awful farm and struggling
>my turn
>"you sure you got that bro?"
>rep out a solid 5
>their faces when
>rep out another 5 for 2 sets
>they ask me how I bench 100s when small

These guys had arms and chest 3x my size lol.

But how do you bench being so small

are you sauing that the whole
>at a certain point the guys training for strenght will get bigger
is a lie?
why you small, bro?

I've always been a small guy. When I stop lifting I shrink back down to 130lbs. I was on a good role and wanted to hit 200lbs. I was putting on 13lbs or so a month. Would have easily been 200lb by month 6. Making solid progress but then I got sick, lost 10lbs, lost my appetite for weeks and then started a new job and lost motivation again.

this is very true. if you're a natty, go for ~15 bf% >200lb and build the yoke. that's how you look big.

im 5 11 175 pounds with 16 inchs, and I get mired allthe time, and girls ask me to take my shirt off regularly. So I think you are being poisoned by fake internet standards.

Try those calvin klien body modal shirts I wear them all the time and I get lots of compliments on them and they show off my gainz pretty well. For what its worth though im like maybe 43 inch chest, 31 waist

What is even your point? That it's better to be big? Go ahead, good for you.

>Calvin Klein, they fit me perfectly, 18 36-37 fits gr8.

thanks brother, we have similar sizes albeit my neck is a tiny bit smaller. I'll check it out

XXL

>body modal
Good looking out, what size do you wear? 46"-48" chest here

I have both medium and larges since im like 43 chest, but my waist drop is quite drastic at 31 so I can pull either off. The shirts are stretchy but super comfortable. So one is really tight, one is a little looser. . most comfortable shirts ive ever worn. I would get them on sale though because they are like 35 bucks regularly but with sales you can get them for like 19. Easily can try them on at the store though if you want, just go to a macys and see whats up.

Vitruvian physique looks good

Shit forgot pic

>his grammy couldn't get 20 inch arms natty

grammy jemima laughs at your fucking sizelet genetics.

Wearing black as a lifter is the worst thing possible, it hides your definition. Better off wearing colours where you can see the shape of the body.

This is literally female tier mental gymnastic coping.

Underrated

Those are some hot buzzwords but go ahead and tell me where I'm wrong

>I don't like enjoy eating well enough to be below ~16% body fat
>everyones fitness goals should be the same as mine!
>a-a-at least I look big in a fitted medium t-shirt