This video claims (with sources) that fasting for 7 days or more dramatically increases the production of HGH and...

This video claims (with sources) that fasting for 7 days or more dramatically increases the production of HGH and protein synthesis.

youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

Anyone ever tried it?

Other urls found in this thread:

nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweight/Pages/how-to-diet.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you'd be better off eating properly for 7 days. whatever your body is doing is called compensating, not gaining.

Double dubs confirm

Not sure about 7 days but I do IF and every two weeks I'll go as long as I can without calories, minimum 24 hours.

I dont eat for consecutive days sometimes and it definitely never made me feel better. There's definitely an endurance factor though. Like i can avoid eating and lift 7 days in a row at 90 % meanwhile i can be bulking or eating absolutely perfectly and theres 105% days and 55% days.

Youd imagine eating well all the time means 100% energetic all the time but thats not the case. Really Fasting you always feel the same

But would you? I've been seeing people positing that occasional fasting is good for you and that people need to eat less generally.

It might be healthy from a medical prospective, but 7 days no food will jack your gains

Pretty sure you do a fast on an off-week.

(checked)
fpbp

I do a full day fast every Sunday.

true
false

also one hour in 80*c sauna boosts GH a metric fuckton

The video literally says the exact opposite. Are you a millennial, is that why you couldn't sit still for 10 minutes to watch it?

>being so bitter about millennials you arbitrarily accuse people of being one

Way to also out yourself as an old loser

No doctor would advise you to fast...

Where are the sources? He hasnt even posted a bibliography in the description.

Fasting increases HGH levels in order to spare protein from catabolism and promote lipolysis. Intermittent fasting strategically exploits
this.

Man fuck your... lemme say something ominous maybe if I put.... after it'll make me sound important ...

Begone with your faggotry. Just quit posting your useless shit here, this dude never gives up

>starve yourself 1/4 way to death
>claim it increases HGH

Intermittent fasting is a meme and fad diet. All it does is encourage bad habits like binge eating.

>nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweight/Pages/how-to-diet.aspx

>his national health service is advising against the consumption of fats and claiming it leads to higher cholesterol

lmao @ your tax dollars

we should get rid of exclamation and question marks too my doode im feelin yu also fuck commas and periods and all forms of expressing voice through text we shud onli :-) :----/D

nia, where the hucc u think we iz?

have you ever fasted? its impossible to binge after a proper fast. your stomach will reject it.

Well, if this WAS true, wouldn't it be most beneficial to fast for the seven days, then eat a shit ton and work out and get lots of sleep to make the most gains after your hgh levels have spiked???

I mean, it does increase HGH .. that's the effect of fasting.

It's like starting a fire and posting

> setting objects on fire

> implying heat is produced.

These are getting weird

>
>>being so bitter about millennials you arbitrarily accuse people of being one
>Way to also out yourself as an old loser
Maybe he's very young? "Millennials" are 12-35

Who is this? Image search has nothing

ana cheri

Nevermind, Ana CherĂ­

For what its worth a friend of mine was very very sick for two weeks. He would puke up everything that went into his stomach and he looked like a literal auswitch prisoner after the sickness had passed. So no nutrients mean he had sort of a fast during that time.
But I've never seen anyone pack on so much muscle afterwards, he was definetly much larger after a couple of month than before the sickness.

who /fastedrunning/ here?

This. What good is that HGH production and protein synthesis if you're not eating any fucking protein?

>Millennials" are 12-35

No, 12-18 year-olds are Gen Z, not millenials.

you probably wont fast forever

You can still lose a fuckton of gains.

>neck bent submissively

kek

If fasting is so good for you why are people from tribal communities all manlet dyels?

>What I've learned
That dude cherrypicks studies like a motherfucker. I first started doing IF 1 year ago and it is only beneficial for getting leaner, and all the people who claim it boosts HGH by 2000% are retarded and don't know how to use logical thinking and probably failed math. Also this guy keeps preaching that a low carb diet will make you a superhuman and that your body doesn't actually need carbs at all despite scientists and dieticians always saying that carbs are our body's prefered source of energy and that out brains can't function normally without carbs. All in all if you gobble up everything this dude says without using any kind of critical thinking then you're a bit of a moron.

Cuz they dont have access to gym?

how about doing some cardio, and getting the same benefits, while not ending up having a binge disorder?

>do some cardio
>lose weight in weeks

>fast
>lose weight in days

Yeah, how about no?

>>lose weight in days
sorry to burst the bubble, but that is just water weight and muscle. also clickbait for fat guys

>muh cheat day
>muh metabolic reset
you end up bingeing, because you are not eating what you need to sustain your training properly

>but muh study about not losing muscle while fasting
that only truly works for juicers, and it is a transitory effect that fucks your adrenals and hormone balance
and you still forget your heart health

to each its own
fast solutions for fast results
long solutions for long lasting results
don't waste your time, and TRAIN your calories both anabolic and aerobic

stop giving views to this shortcut fucks on youtube
fuck

Hahahahaha amazing.

(cont) i forgot, say goodbye to your mood, and cognitive performance

>muh clear mind
more like zombie head, and less anxiety thanks to the caloric restriction of the fast

just restrict your calories

(contII)
once you get back into a proper 3-5 meal plan, you gain a lot more fat
source: my own stupid experience, after memefasting for a year

say goodbye to your cardio gains
now i am back on the treadmill trying to get my heart back on track

Not really anything wrong with controlled fasting. Controlled meaning you're keeping your vitamins up. I defeintiely wouldn't go more than 24 hours without your essential amino acids because then you're going to start having problems with DNA synthesis. Your muscles won't shrink but they definitely won't grow if you can't make proteins or DNA.

t. Just learned a semester of biochemistry in 1 week at med school

>Your muscles won't shrink but they definitely won't grow if you can't make proteins or DNA.
Doesn't the body produce non-essential proteins daily?

>off week

never gonna make it

Who the fuck am I kidding I have drank a 5th of liquor every night and fell off the wagon again last week. Still went to the gym 4 times this week.

Yea

I do intermittent fasting and only have a 6-7 hr eating window

Got blood work done on igf1, levels are through the roof and I am old fag on fit

the amount of cherrypicking in this video is surreal
if you don't eat, your body create an hormonal response, and you will be fine for a while
but it is temporary
it is like he does not want to analize the long term problems associated with fasting
>binge disorder
>borked hunger levels
>compromised to literally no muscle performance
you don't lose muscle thanks to your adrenals, but wait for 3 weeks and you are literally eating your own body
>i am fat, so it is good
let's forget what is a fatty liver, and how fasting creates the same issues
also insulin resistance

It is like you want to find an answer, fasting for weight loss, and this video gives you that, instead of the whole truth

enjoy your fasts

Veeky Forums truly has the best taste in girls

fasting drops ifg1 levels dramatically and induces autophagy in order to get the needed amino acids for bodily functions.
it also removes significant biomarkers of disease and tumors.

the drop in ifg1 level is, as far as we know so far, something that causes us to age much slower. researchers believe this to be due to our cells repairing rather than just replicating as igf1 would have them do.

to expand on the aging thing, there are no long term human studies to date.
lower igf1 levels in mice and other animal studies have shown to increase lifespan by 30%.

Muslim propaganda

Really? I'm finally starting to enjoy this meme.

you know there are plenty of experts in terms of fasting
just ask any hobo
they fast every other day, and binge on oportunity
no apparent health issues
ripped body
absolute mental clearness
but, why they end up becoming alcoholics? who knows!!

nice mental clarity, boy