Any injured/operated fags around here? This was me three weeks ago...

Any injured/operated fags around here? This was me three weeks ago, had my ACL reconstructed and my meniscus cleared of tears.

How did you get injured yourself? Did you get operated/treated in any way? How is your return to your previous fitness going?

Also wondering if there are any people who are experienced in post ACL op recovery, wanna expand on what my doctors told me.

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrecomposition.com/optimal-nutrition-injury-recovery
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

injured myself taking 5 scoops misteaks were made

Fucked my knee. Squats on smith machine

Partly torn my front ligament in my right knee three months ago. Just started rehabilitation. Hopefully it will recover to the point where I am able to play soccer and lift heavy again. Otherwise I will need surgery + 12 months recovery afterwards :(

Tore my left outer meniscus a few years back. Turns out that led to arthrosis which was already stage 4 when they checked it. They drilled holes in my bone so the stem cells would form "artificial" cartilage (not the real, original cartilage)

Totally sucks. After long hikes I can feel my knee, I can forget about ball sports and squats. Didn't even touch the legpress since the operation last year, but at least I go into the squat position again. Left quad is still visibly smaller than the right one

Tore my pec benching lmao1pl8.....
Didn't get surgery, just let it heal all fucked up.

Damn, what level tear is it? Did you have an MRI? Are you sure about that 12 month recovery period? I mean meniscus surgery isnt a joke but people walk out of the hospital the day they have it. Also I read about rehab lasting a couple of months tops.

So did the cartilage ever grew back? Sorry to hear about the pain and not being able to play sports, I can relate to how much it sucks. I can also relate to your operated leg quad being invisible. I was a dyel before surgery but had some definition in mine, now I'm if the thing is even there.

Did it heal? Thats a fucked up injury, saw the video of that roided up model dude that tore his a couple of months ago. Never going near dumbbell flys since.

>full acl reconstruction from hamstring graft
>40% of meniscus removed/destroyed
Full rehab took 2-3 months. Do all your exercises every day, don't skimp on rehab stretches and exercises ever. I got full motion back several weeks ahead of time.
However because my knee can get Grundy as fuck from having very little padding I only squat heavy rarely, do swimming for cardio, and wear a mild compression sleeve if I'm gonna be active on my keg for more than 6 hours (hiking, biking, walking around the city, etc). It clicks and aches when it's rainy out.
With good rehab you can get full use back pretty quick but it'll be with you forever. Treat your joints well.

Senior year of college ball first game against Charlestown Southern and some niglet dove for my knee when I was pulling around the oline to take his head off. Torn patellar tendon but not complete tear and kept playing through out the season fueled by cortisone and hydrocodones. Got surgery at the end of the season and the PT and doctors told me they haven't see so much scar tissues in their entire careers. Wish my school would've fixed my left knee

Had a menuscus cleaned up on my right leg and a fractured patella on my left.
Can't really back squat without knee pain so only do front squats.

Not sure what happened as im a poorfag with no insurance, but 3-4 years back I went to a festival with friends and hopped off a curb (like 4" down, pathetic really) and when i landed my right knee twisted outwards and backwards then snapped back into place. It was tremendously painful, but as it was the beginning of the party I roughed it out. I wore one of those full body morphsuits which is like a giant compression sleeve which helped, and I limped around using our group's flagpole as a crutch for the rest of the day. I was able to obtain aspirin in festival which helped. Made it through Day 1, took the suit off and my shit instantly swelled up bad. I roughnecked it through the rest of the weekend, icing when we werent at the party and sitting alot instead of being able to dance and run around from stage to stage. I got home and my pain persisted. I had to take a full 6 weeks off of work and I did nothing but sit and study my injury and knee rehab exercises. I worked on that every day. For the first two weeks my family hooked me up with muscle relaxers and pain pills only at night to help me sleep; after 2 weeks I noticed a tolerance building so I quickly got off them. (Too many dead friends from opiates.) During my time off I met a hippie kid locally who hosted a herbal tincture class I attended and he introduced me to kratom. I also started supplementing with ginger, turmeric, MSM, boswellia extract, bromelain, and nearly any other herbal anti inflammatory you could think of.

At work, I had to wear a knee brace(server/bartender), and on many ocassions my shit would slip out of place and I would drop like a domino from the pain. Eventually, I started to feel better. I finally got to a point where I could do bodyweight squats, and once I had been regularly working out, the supportive muscles around my knee strengthened and my knee slipped much much less. I noticed if I stopped working out and taking my herbal anti inflammatorys, my knee would slip.

Fuck, I'm in the same situation. Couple of days after surgery I got this mad itch in the back of my leg. Thought something bit me at first but after checking on a mirror I realized my entire hamstring area was blue from bruising.

Which exercises were you given? How often did you do them? My regime consists of:
>straighten the leg as much as possible and keep it like that 10 seconds
>bend the leg as much as possible and do the same
>tighten all my leg muscles for 10 seconds
>straighten the leg and lift about a foot it in the air for 10 seconds
>same as above but move the leg out, hold and then pull it back in
Had to pause them for a few days since my stitching was removed a bit soon but now I'm back to restoring my mobility. I do have a pool nearby so Ill probably do some rehab there as well.

My kid neighbour tore his patella after sliding awkwardly during a volleyball match. Fuck knees man, our ancestors should have never stood up.

Like 1 week ago Lyle Mcdonald published a new book called "Optimal Nutrition for Injury Recovery".
You might want to check it out.
bodyrecomposition.com/optimal-nutrition-injury-recovery

Had same thing from aikido for 30 years. I used one of those injury ice machine things for a while and rested.

(cont.; pic is from the festival when injury ocurred)

At the beginning of last year, I was on a psychedelic-induced spirtual journey, which led me to researching qi gong. A week after I was looking into it, at the natural market A sign was put up--a local older gentleman was giving a free seminar on qi gong for health. I attended, and I was easily the only person under the age of 50 in a group of maybe 15 people. I was really impressed with this man's presentation of the subject and his amazing flexibility considering he was in his 70s. He mentioned how at one point a Dr told him due to the way his nerves were and the spacin between vertebrae, he should be unable to walk--Master gave all credit to his dedication to practice of the Art. I stuck with him. Over the course of a few months I started feeling much, much better. As of the beginning of the year I moved to a new town and slacked off my supplement and qi gong routine, but Ive kept up with my lifting and now I can lift heavier than ever before. I can also finally run short distances without limping or being in pain (i used to run XC in HS). I dont ever count on being able to run distance ever again, but the elliptical and bike are fine cardio for me.

Thanks for reading my long story. I guess the point is, listen to your body and use all the resources at your disposal to heal yourself and dont be afraid to try alternative medicine to help the process. Good luck OP, I hope the surgery is a success and your back to pre-injury levels of activity sooner than it took me to heal.

3x torn acl here. All from soccer. I still play and remain pretty active. Main advice, take rehab SERIOUS. You do not want to re-injure as it is very common. Since you'll be spending weeks to months without really exercising, other parts of your body will weaken that you won't expect, so don't forget to train your whole body when you can,not just your hurt leg. Also, since you're forever changed, if you continue to be active, try not to get too top heavy if you play sports. Unless you're lower half is as trained it will increase your risk of re-injury.

Final piece of advice. Take stretching seriously and massage the scar with lotion or shit they give you. It will increase your quality of life being able to squat/kneel.

Godspeed

>How did you get injured yourself?
>How is your return to your previous fitness going?

You first fucker.

Sounds like you're on track user. Your PTs should add exercises as they are appropriate, but they give you the option if every day or every other day or something. Do it all every day/the maximum amount. Never ever short change yourself. Having a pool nearby is great, but seriously don't over do it.
Make sure you are fully recovered and properly braced before returning to activity. I can't imagine fucking my knee twice, never risk a lifetime of knee problems because you didn't want to wait another week to get cleared for something by your doctor.
Good luck mate, all us cripples have to stick together in curlbro mode

This guy I mean the operation happened a year ago, and when I went to my orthopedist he said that he wouldn't take another x-ray or anything like that, because knowing whether the operation actually worked or not won't change a thing.

Looking back I probably shouldn't have done it (the operation), because that completely fucked up my summer and due to all the stress my hair just fell out. Grew back mostly, but still. The fear is now constant

That's a very ayy lmao costume and a very interesting story. Sounds like you had your fair share of fun and struggle both in life and with your injury, hope you stay injury free in the future.

Thanks, sounds interesting, will download. Although as a country boy I get plenty of quality nutition.

No surgery was required? Whats that "ice thingy" you are talking about?

3x torn ACL
Fuck man, did you resnap your grafts or were they torn out of the hole they were drilled in?
>you don't want to reinjure yourself
Man I have nightmares about that, I'm tall and I always had ankle issues because. My doctor said how my frequent ankle twistings might have contributed to the loss of stability in the knee.
Anyway thanks for the sound advice and all the best to you as well.

>go to a regular five-a-side with lads
>few players cancelled so we had to call up some new guys
>one of them was my ex's brother
>we start playing
>I receive the ball on the left hand side
>ex's brother is guarding me
>he puts his leg in to get the ball
>I jump his tackle to cut inside
>as I land my left foot on the ground his forward moving leg swats my knee
>I hear a snap as the knee collapses inside

Took three months off and bought an otrhosis and eased myself into normal life, as recommended by doctor. Soon I felt confident enough in my knee and decided to play football again. As soon as the game started I tried running left and my knee collapsed inside. Then I realized I should probably get an MRI.

Yeah I will, I am scheduled to go to my surgeon next week and get recommendations on what to do next. The fucker is five hours of driving away from me so that sucks. But yeah, I'm slowly noticing my ROM is improving so I'm sticking to the perscribed stretches. Thanks for the wishes, be strong yourself brah. Hopefully one day we will all be healthy enough to get back on that SS+GOMAD grind.

I attempted suicide 4 months ago, was hospitalized and off of weightlifting for 2 1/2 months. I was able to hit 360 1RM on my squat and today hit 500 1RM on deads.